How do you feel about this?

CallumWK

22 hours ago, CallumWK said:

There are a few large shops here, I'm sure you all know which ones I have in mind, where you pay for your purchase, then right after the checkout there is someone who want to see your receipt and compare with everything you purchased.

So either they don't trust their cashier, or they consider their customers to be thieves. I think it is the latter, and I hate it to be treated like a thief. I then also will only visit those particular shops if I have no other choice, like they have a product I can't get anywhere else

I always tell them, check your cashier if you don't trust her, not your customers. Once, I even have gone to the extent that I returned my whole trolley for a refund, so at that point they were 100% sure that I had paid for everything.

So what is your feeling about this. Are you also annoyed by it?

I find that mildly irritating.. I just grunt and tell em to feck off.

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I had to look at the poster and of course it's Ralfy 

Disgusting gutter behaviour 

Please Ralfy you are not a bogan 

You get in my face and you too will be told to feck off.

23 hours ago, CallumWK said:

So either they don't trust their cashier, or they consider their customers to be thieves

You are thinking too much. 

It's neither. 

It's a numbers thing, if you see the staff checking customers at the exit, it will deter want to be thieves. Its mind games for the less educated, the brainless, it works for Makro. 

Don't let it bother you, just enjoy the experience and low prices. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

The question is; are you legally required to show them the receipt? Afer all you've already paid for the items so they are legally your property along with the receipt. Be interesting to see what they would do if you refused.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cardano said:

The question is; are you legally required to show them the receipt? Afer all you've already paid for the items so they are legally your property along with the receipt. Be interesting to see what they would do if you refused.

Their store/premises, their security...

Personally in these places I just throw the receipt on top of the items in the cart/box/bag and they can look easily if they want.

12 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Hell it bothers you …I just hand the receipt to the guy … about 15 secs later he gives it back to me and off we go ..

Different strokes for different blokes. Yes it bothers me, but there maybe other things that bother you, but I couldn't care less for.

22 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Of course they do it to everyone, so you think it normal they don't trust their customers?

People steal.  Thieves have all sorts of tricks to slip things past the POS, and then act indignant at security staff checking for ill-gotten booty.  Preventing shrinkage helps keeps costs down.  You like low, low prices, right?

Simple solution - if you don't like it, shop elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

You like low, low prices, right?

I indeed like low prices, but for that don't have to be in Makro anymore since long.

Most of the products I use are cheaper in Big C or Lotussss

always try to check my rugsack , but it has my keys, money and phone

so I just ignore them

women with large handbags have no problem

villa market (upscaler), tops, don't do such silly things

weird makro thing

I am more upset when there are long lines and nobody has a brain cell to open a new one, while sometimes 2 people check your groceries + a few security guards doing nothing...

that's life...

16 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Different strokes for different blokes. Yes it bothers me, but there maybe other things that bother you, but I couldn't care less for.

3 pages of this idiotic topic, and you are still bothered. Maybe time to give it a rest.