New Law Allows Buyers to Inspect Online Orders Before Payment

webfact

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

This sounds like a plot to try and get rid of COD by making it such a pain for everyone...

Drivers dont have time to wait around for package opening..

I agree I wanted to open one package and was told "can not" by the driver, you can't blame them multidrop deliveries are an awful occupation, been there done that, never again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Lets make things very complicated....For everyone.....Over 50% of orders are COD...

Are you sure about this? Mrs has an online business with stores on Lazada and Shopee and COD is more like 10%.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Are you sure about this? Mrs has an online business with stores on Lazada and Shopee and COD is more like 10%.

OK it may not be 50% for COD but I am sure its higher than 10% ...I think it also depends on what your selling, which would change the COD usage..

• Like 1

The need is clear since there are so many cod scams, but logistics companies will either need to charge a lot more for cod or stop offering it all together. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This sounds like a plot to try and get rid of COD by making it such a pain for everyone...

Might be an idea to read the article before forming an opinion.  This only applies to COD orders and the buyer can receive the goods and then in the own speedy time open the package while videotaping the opening and then if not satisfied, contact the courier company or more likely the seller to arrange for a speedy pickup, which must be done within 5 days of the delivery. 

3 hours ago, itsari said:

I have paid for items COD a few times and given me a lot of problems to get the item sent back and have to wait a long time for the money to be returned .

Checking the item before payment is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

If all is in order with the product the extra time for the delivery will be hardly noticible.

I ordered a submersible pump COD with Shopee and the delivery man invited me to open the package to check the goods , all was ok and then paid by scanning .

Done in less than a minute

I always use C.O.D. as I do not trust Lazada with my card details, (or anyone else here), I have been lucky so far in that I have only had to return goods 2 times. However, with Lazada you do not get your money back, but get a credit note to your account, that would be a nightmare if it was for a large sum.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

The need is clear since there are so many cod scams, but logistics companies will either need to charge a lot more for cod or stop offering it all together. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think this whole COD package opening thing is to make it such a problem that  companies will want to get rid of it........They are determined to get their cashless nightmare world going.. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I agree I wanted to open one package and was told "can not" by the driver

That was obviously before October 3, as now you are allowed to open before paying.

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Since this applies to COD, it encourages people to use COD, rather than get rid of it, since now they are allowed to check before they part with their money. So it makes COD safer than pays in advance, because in the latter case you will still have to wait on a refund.

• Agree 1

I've had the (prepaid) delivery person mark the order delivered when they never did.  (it was something heavy so I suspect they didn't want to deliver it haha). I now order that product ONLY COD.

otherwise I always order prepaid .  I don't sit all day everyday waiting for random deliveries at unknown times and days.

I've also had to go to support for a return of items that never showed up and the seller gets to win by saying "show video sir" lol

50 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I always use C.O.D. as I do not trust Lazada with my card details, (or anyone else here), I have been lucky so far in that I have only had to return goods 2 times. However, with Lazada you do not get your money back, but get a credit note to your account, that would be a nightmare if it was for a large sum.

That's not entirely true. When returning a COD shipment, the amount is credited to the Lazada wallet, but here you can have your money transferred to your account immediately. Takes 2-3 minutes and I have my money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Digital wallet push globally, this is only a sneak preview. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How long does it take to open a package, 15 seconds, perhaps?

Some take a lot longer than that. Packages within packages protected by layers of bubble wrap then sealed by copious amounts of duct tape. Can't see a delivery driver being happy to stand around while you unwrap packages.

• Like 1

I have bought around 350 items online ( mainly Lazada ) and always pay COD or PromptPay if not at home.

On two occasions i have asked the delivery guy to wait until i opened the package.

1) A tin of glue was packed in a cutting disc box, i opened it in around 10 seconds and gave the delivery guy the thumbs up.

2) A car product showed signs of leaking, opened it and indeed the plastic bottle was cracked. The delivery guy took the damaged product back and returned my money.

Guess i have been lucky?

COD aside.

If there were rules that all online payments go to a holding account pending satisfaction so they can be reversed easily this may reduce a lot of fraud.

Needs involvement of banks and likely could create problems however so increased cost needs to go somewhere but maybe worth it to get rid of the base scams going around.

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Some take a lot longer than that. Packages within packages protected by layers of bubble wrap then sealed by copious amounts of duct tape. Can't see a delivery driver being happy to stand around while you unwrap packages.

Ok, 30 seconds, then, and it doesn't matter now whether the driver is happy about it or not, it is law, not just a proposal.  I've never received any items "sealed up with duct tape", never mind "copious amounts" of it, bit of sellotape, yes, but that's all. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

However, if the complaint is validated, customers must be refunded within 15 days.

So you open the box, it's not what you ordered... but you still have to pay for it and then proceed to get a refund, or refuse to pay and hand the box back to the delivery service?