If AN members could vote in the USA election, who would we vote in?

MalcolmB

Who would you give your vote to?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Everyone has an opinion, even if they are not American.

Why shouldn't we have an opinion? Americans have forced their opinions world wide, so why wouldn't we have a go at the American system since it do have an impact on us. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Bet a majority of posters on American politics are not US citizens. Odd init.

Oh I don't know, I recall many Americans comment on the Brexit debate in the UK!

Equally, it is important to consider that with the incredible economic, military and political "clout" which the US holds, greater than any other nation, which they are not exactly backwards in displaying and at times using, and the role of "leaders of the free world" which again they are assiduous in ensuring is acknowledged, and have done since 1945: well then inevitably many worldwide will have opinions and wish to comment and/or contribute to the debate.

You can't really have it both ways: be the greatest power and influence on the world yet exist in isolation!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

2.5 percent this year. Doesn't really cut it, does it?

I find your reasoning for who to vote for ridiculous either way.

People vote for what benefits them ...

... those 2 items, benefit me.

So add the 2.5% on to the last 3 yrs, and we're still looking good.  Average of 5% for 4 yrs vs what Trump possibly would repeat if elected.

image.png.cec7db5cfb1b7fecf87bca28a0640077.png

Trump wants a weaker $$$ which means once again, a crap exchange rate, same as last time he was President, when it hit a low of ฿30 to $1.    Where Biden actually hit a high ฿38 to $1, staying about ฿35 for quite some time.

฿30 vs ฿38 to $1, is over 18k a month difference to my Soc Sec.  Even half that, then it's ฿9k a month.  So possibly, anywhere between ฿108 to ฿216k a year difference.  Depending if Trump weakens the $$$ or Harris bumps it up just a bit, or where Biden had it.

Trump took office Feb 2017 ... ฿34.9

Biden took office Feb 2021 .. ฿30

Biden hit a high of ฿38.9

Now ... ฿33.53 ... like I want Trump to lower it :cheesy:

So yea, those 2 issue impact me.  No other issue or policy change impacts me.  Why would I want a repeat of Trump, vs continuation of Biden/Harris/Dem politics ?

2024 ... HARRIS ... 2024

Edited by KhunLA