Its too expensive I may leave

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is Vietnam cheaper,

I worked Vung Tau for a couple of years. 

The things I like were cheaper but I'm not sure what you are looking for.....thongs????

I didn't visit any doctor clinics so I can't say if they are cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, terryq said:

Thief.

Arrest , deport, ban.

Yes thankyou Terry , I appreciate your insights into my behaviour 

Is there any other ways I can save money ,I'm a poor janitor from Australia working for a Government department that pays very low wages ,I'm a poor public servant ,we don't even get retirement benefits in Australia unlike the USA 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I worked Vung Tau for a couple of years. 

The things I like were cheaper but I'm not sure what you are looking for.....thongs????

I didn't visit any doctor clinics so I can't say if they are cheaper. 

Yes today I will visit two new doctor clinics 

I noticed there is a new one now in Jomtien , opposite the complex area 

Beautiful looking white & blue colours 

I took a picture 

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Could I perhaps ask you kindly not to change the topic please ,that's all I ask , surely thats not too much to ask 

You already changed the topic.  I replied to you.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

opposite the complex area 

The Jomtien complex is looking lovely these days, beautiful 🫂

Say hello to the boys for me when you get there 🌈🏳️‍🌈😘

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes thankyou Terry , I appreciate your insights into my behaviour 

Is there any other ways I can save money ,I'm a poor janitor from Australia working for a Government department that pays very low wages ,I'm a poor public servant ,we don't even get retirement benefits in Australia unlike the USA 

They are not my 'insights'  it is a fact.

The obvious way to save money is not to visit Thailand so often. Do not think you are as poor as claimed, frequent overseas trips plus visiting many doctors that you have to pay for.

Still, as they say in these parts 'up to you'

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Nothing has changed over the average of 3-5 years at all, it is even higher than it has been. However the real issue is that Thailand in general just became over priced on almost every end, specially if you compare it to the exact same in Vietnam, which is likely even better in terms of service, quality etc.

You are right too in terms of a lot of things nearly costing the same as back home in many cities and places. The prices I pay in Bangkok are the same as in smaller cities in Europe too. Even rent might be the only thing left that is significantly cheaper, once having kids, that is off set by cost of school already.

Imagine then they they actually want to tax us on top of this.. There is just no way on earth that is going to happen!

Oh finally in get a truthful honest poster as yourself without those rose tinted glasses 

Yes a pair of thongs and I do mean the feet ones are not $5 in Australia,but want 150-200 B in Thailand please 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I will have to stay in the flybird condo it looks like .

Flood prone!............Boy it's cheap, should suit you perfectly if you don't eat too much!

14 hours ago, G_Money said:

Work more.  Save, invest more.  State pensions were never meant to be one’s sole means of retirement income.

Naturally this reply won’t go over well with the “I want it now “ crowd.  

Hence they have a low income retirement.

Agree.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Simply because you don't know Brian either 

I got $100 for 2173 baht I think it was 

How much would 100baht be in Australian?

I'm thinking it's about $4.50 ? 

Anyone know

Edited by georgegeorgia

I was thinking a part time job in Boyztown

Jomtien complex will take you. 

Flybird, you will be amongst all those beautiful bar girls, lots of walking street girls live there. 

What a waste, you are not into them. 

Maybe someone here can let you know where the BoysTown boys live, it might suit you better. 🫂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Accommodation is the big expense and for longer term tourists such as the likes of you and I - nice accommodation in places like Jomtiem and Koh Chang so much cheaper compared to Bali by what I've seen - and of course Australia. 

Agree.

5 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Flood prone!............Boy it's cheap, should suit you perfectly if you don't eat too much!

I think they may have those cheap Thai food carts around there , does anyone live in flybird condo in Pattaya here ?

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh finally in get a truthful honest poster as yourself without those rose tinted glasses 

Yes a pair of thongs and I do mean the feet ones are not $5 in Australia,but want 150-200 B in Thailand please 

You can buy them for that budget anywhere in the world if ordering online.. Likely even less if you really wanted to. Thais think we are stupid and still live in 2010 before there was such options and knowledge about real costs in China. Dunning_kruger effect.

I still don't get it to why I can get a coffee in my hometown for the same as in Bangkok average, while in my home town people actually get real wages and a pension, the place looks top notch and the owner turns profits too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, theshu25 said:

He is talking crap.If you work for a Govt department in Aussie you get paid very well indeed,plus super and all taxes paid for you.The  troll is telling more lies and is full of crap.

Yeah right that's why it is well known that most aussie pension retirees live on scraps... OR it is right away a <deleted> load.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

No your right ...Definitely not !

$5 is $5 and I'm very poor ,that's my hourly rate ! 

Sundays I get $7 an hour though

And no retirement benefits !

I was thinking a part time job in Boyztown to make up for it ,I have write to my HR department to ask for a reference 

Come on man I know you get a good hourly rate with probably double time Sunday and superannuation payments of 11 per cent. You won't be eligible for the age pension. 

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Simply because you don't know Brian either 

I got $100 for 2173 baht I think it was 

How much would 100baht be in Australian?

I'm thinking it's about $4.50 ? 

Anyone know

You see you can do it but your 2.20 out. Now figure out up or down, don't forget to put your name at the top of the exam paper. 

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You see you can do it but your 2.20 out. Now figure out up or down, don't forget to put your name at the top of the exam paper. 

What do you mean 2.20. out?

Does anyone know the answer please !

If I received 2173 baht for $100 how much would 100 baht he in Australian dollars?

14 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah right that's why it is well known that most aussie pension retirees live on scraps... OR it is right away a <deleted> load.

Unfortunately we Aussies are the lowest farangs in Pattaya living in slum buildings such as Nirun and flybird 

We are forced to live like this simply because our capitalist government doesn't care about overseas pensioners 

• Haha 1

No your right ...Definitely not !

$5 is $5 and I'm very poor ,that's my hourly rate ! 

Sundays I get $7 an hour though

And no retirement benefits !

I was thinking a part time job in Boyztown to make up for it ,I have write to my HR department to ask for a reference 

Utter Tosh $25-27 is the OZ rate for your job. You HAVE to pay superannuation in OZ so you will have a pension, but that rate is not for institution inmates.

• Love It 1

15 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Excellent point 

But...I'm thinking inflation had caught up to Thailand,times change ,prices change 

$$10 for a pair of sandals I can get in Kmart for $5;

This year Australians WILL Not be going to Thailand I can assure you ,they will go to Bali or Vietnam ( the new Bali) 

You have lost Australians blame it on yourself 

We don't want people with small change, best for those people to go look somewhere else.