Pattaya Official Seeks Justice in Sea Urination Row

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s also disrespectful and uncivilized.

But it's better than come bottles with yellow liquid tossed on the side of the road.

It would not be a bad idea to have rest stops along the roadway.

The beaches could use washroom or change areas.

While T it garbage bins wouldn't be a bad idea 

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Thailand in good company. Perfectly normal in the France of my youth - men pissing in shop doorways, beside the road, against any wall anywhere ...

It's mostly only over-anxious Anglos who worry about these things.

Yes, and eating garden gastropods that have just been peeded on, we are so picky!

Edited by jacko45k

There are no public beaches without toilets in Thailand, if you do not go to remote islands. However, there you can find accommodation areas that have a toilet you can use. It might be a 100-200 meter walk to a toilet, but I guess most normally intelligent people can manage that.

Sorry Gottfrid but you are mistaken.

There definitely are beaches here on Samui with any facilities of any kind. Toilets, bars or accommodation.

One of them is about 500 metres from my place.

(All beaches in Thailand are public.)

13 hours ago, connda said:

Fish pee in the sea all the time.  Why not people?

Oh they do. You should see the long line of men wading out to knee depth at the Full Moon Parties to pee in the sea.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I do not see any harm in what those boys did. Pattaya sea is a big toilet anyway as well as a giant trash bin as seen by the floating trash the boats pass by on the way to the island. The only harm would be if they were flagrantly showing their peckers to tourists and Thais while they pissed. 

But they were Thai anyway so their “peckers” would be minuscule in any case. 

43 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

But it's better than come bottles with yellow liquid tossed on the side of the road.

It would not be a bad idea to have rest stops along the roadway.

The beaches could use washroom or change areas.

While T it garbage bins wouldn't be a bad idea 

They usually have washroom, change areas and toilets in very close proximity to the beach. Just that some uncivilized citizens refuse to pay 5 baht for using the right place.

24 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry Gottfrid but you are mistaken.

There definitely are beaches here on Samui with any facilities of any kind. Toilets, bars or accommodation.

One of them is about 500 metres from my place.

(All beaches in Thailand are public.)

As I posted, there are bungalow areas, as well as restaurants where can use. They will let people do that, and many all ready take 5 baht for the service.

Also, Samui is a remote island, even if very developed.

There are no public beaches without toilets in Thailand, if you do not go to remote islands. However, there you can find accommodation areas that have a toilet you can use. It might be a 100-200 meter walk to a toilet, but I guess most normally intelligent people can manage that.

That just shows where Thailand stands regarding civilization and respect.

But not free public toilets on the public beach, you have to find somewhere and pay a fee at a private business.

Spending millions of baht tarting up the beach and not providing a basic service is just plain incompetence.

The supposedly family friendly resort can't even consider babies and young children that need facilities.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They just did it again - you have to give it to the Thais to f"ç%"-up their public image all the time.

If there are no ladyboys grabbing Indians roaming the beach road for the latter's beauty then there is Somchai racing through town with his motorbike. If that is also not happening, pull the "pee into the sea" story from the drawer. 

In all fairness, if the only pollution remains human pee, well then all those goons, clowns and retarded officers have accomplished a sterling job. But, to make everyone else laugh, throw in - for good measure - the  "tarnishing the city's image and violating the Cleanliness and Orderliness Act." 

What a bunch of completely brainless creatures in uniform ........ 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

They just did it again - you have to give it to the Thais to f"ç%"-up their public image all the time.

If there are no ladyboys grabbing Indians roaming the beach road for the latter's beauty then there is Somchai racing through town with his motorbike. If that is also not happening, pull the "pee into the sea" story from the drawer. 

In all fairness, if the only pollution remains human pee, well then all those goons, clowns and retarded officers have accomplished a sterling job. But, to make everyone else laugh, throw in - for good measure - the  "tarnishing the city's image and violating the Cleanliness and Orderliness Act." 

What a bunch of completely brainless creatures in uniform ........ 

Quite honestly where are they supposed to urinate given that there are most likely no public toilets in the area. Thailand wants tourism but lacks foresight in providing public ammenities like toilets and garbage bins. This is an ongoing problem all over Thailand and the government keeps talking about promoting tourism yet has no idea about providing the ammenities needed to service the people/tourists!

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

But not free public toilets on the public beach, you have to find somewhere and pay a fee at a private business.

Spending millions of baht tarting up the beach and not providing a basic service is just plain incompetence.

The supposedly family friendly resort can't even consider babies and young children that need facilities.

No, it´s not free here. Not even if the government or city municipality would put up facilities like you post. First, free is not in the cultural behavior in Thailand. Second, they need someone to work and keep the facilities clean, free from people using drugs and living on the streets and so on.....

It costs money, and most Thais understand that and are willing to pay a small fee, for the small amount of times they are using such facilities. As foreigners, we should also understand that and don´t have problem with their system.

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There are no public beaches without toilets in Thailand, if you do not go to remote islands. However, there you can find accommodation areas that have a toilet you can use. It might be a 100-200 meter walk to a toilet, but I guess most normally intelligent people can manage that

Utter tosh you'd have to cross the busy road, Pattaya beach does NOT have any toilets. In fact I don't know any public beach that has toilets in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, HK MacPhooey said:

And the Coke bottles of p1$$ discarded at roadside laybys and motorway services in the UK mainly by Eastern European lorry drivers 

Yeah, that is also disrespectful and uncivilized behavior. However, I fail to understand what people do in the UK has to do with this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Utter tosh you'd have to cross the busy road, Pattaya beach does NOT have any toilets. In fact I don't know any public beach that has toilets in Thailand.

Yeah, that´s what I mean with 100-200 meter. Yes, I know you have to cross the road, but I see that as having toilets connected to the beach to be correct. did not think I needed to point it out so exact. Absolutely no problem with that at all. If you can take yourself to the beach, then you can also take yourself to a toilet. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, that´s what I mean with 100-200 meter. Yes, I know you have to cross the road, but I see that as having toilets connected to the beach to be correct. did not think I needed to point it out so exact. Absolutely no problem with that at all. If you can take yourself to the beach, then you can also take yourself to a toilet. 🙂 

So where would you go say at 3am when all places are closed ?

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Have they stopped pumping turds and tampons into the ocean ?

Sound like a delightful seafood restaurant. Better trademark it. Turds and Tampons Sunday buffet! 

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Thailand in good company. Perfectly normal in the France of my youth - men pissing in shop doorways, beside the road, against any wall anywhere ...

It's mostly only over-anxious Anglos who worry about these things.

Peeing in a shop doorway is to me obnoxious behaviour - if you are caught that short surely you could find a nearby alleyway to perform?

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So where would you go say at 3am when all places are closed ?

I don't think it happened at 3 a.m., but at 3 a.m. you would certainly be less visible to the public, which I think is the main complaint here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Sound like a delightful seafood restaurant. Better trademark it. Turds and Tampons Sunday buffet! 

Don't know if it's still open but there was a restaurant in BKK, called ' Cabbages and Condoms' ....:coffee1: