Kamala Harris Defends Policy Stance in Heated Fox News Interview

Social Media

image.png

In her first formal interview with Fox News, Vice President Kamala Harris engaged in a nearly 30-minute conversation with anchor Bret Baier, marked by sharp exchanges over immigration, prison policies, and her stance on former President Donald Trump. The dialogue underscored the tension between Harris and the conservative network, with Harris frequently defending both her policies and her position as a candidate separate from the Biden administration.

The interview began with a fiery discussion on border security. Baier challenged Harris on immigration, asking how many "illegal immigrants" she estimated had crossed into the United States during her tenure. The two repeatedly spoke over each other, as Baier pressed for a clear number, while Harris insisted on finishing her response. At one point, Baier interrupted, saying, "Just a number." Harris, unfazed, asked him to let her complete her thoughts.

Later, the conversation shifted to a controversial topic—taxpayer-funded gender-affirming healthcare for prisoners and detained immigrants. Baier referenced a 2019 questionnaire in which Harris, then serving in the Senate, supported using taxpayer dollars for such care. Harris countered by pointing out that similar policies were followed during Trump’s administration. 

"I will follow the law, and it’s a law that Donald Trump actually followed," she said. "It’s a public report that under Donald Trump’s administration, these surgeries were available on a medical necessity basis to people in the federal prison system."

Harris also used the interview to distance herself from President Joe Biden, stating that her potential presidency would not be an extension of Biden’s administration. "Like every new president that comes into office, I will bring my life experiences, my professional experiences, and fresh and new ideas, I represent a new generation of leadership," Harris explained.

In a pointed moment toward the end of the interview, Harris criticized Trump’s treatment of military personnel. "During Donald Trump's administration, we had an American military base that was attacked, where American soldiers suffered traumatic brain injuries, and Donald Trump dismissed them as headaches," she said, before referencing Trump’s controversial comments about service members, saying he had called them "suckers and losers."

Baier interrupted Harris again, prompting her to push back, stating that the interview should focus on the broader context of the election. "This interview is supposed to be about the choices that your viewers should be presented about this election, and the contrast is important," Harris said, emphasizing her desire for a fact-based discussion.

The interview ended on a tense note, encapsulating the sharp political divide that defines much of the current American political landscape.

Based on a report from the Independent 2024-10-17

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One wonders why she chose to go on an interview with someone not her friend and then get snarky with the interviewer. Is that how she will be when meeting world leaders she doesn't like?

I suspect she won't be repeating that though. 

BTW, it's just over 2 weeks to go till the big day, and she still hasn't managed to put distance between herself and Trump in the polls, LOL.

I didnt understand this from dems perspective either. The only explanation is they must know that theyre losing

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, mdr224 said:

They had a better chance with biden even with his complete meltdown at the debate. Theyre trying to sell americans poop plated with gold with harris

Surely not real gold, imitation gold IMO.

They must be crying real tears to see how their cunning plan to get Harris as POTUS is crumbling in front of their eyes. I guess they didn't count on atrocities in Gaza and Lebanon, and a likely M E war to be undermining their chosen one. I suspect it was planned from before 2020 election.

I just don't get why they thought opening the border was a good idea, but they chose Harris, so a bunch of numpties IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

They had a better chance with biden even with his complete meltdown at the debate.

I think they had no choice. Biden was too far gone. I'll never understand why they picked a George Costanza impersonator in Walz as their VP pick though. Must be a real dearth of talent over there.

6 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

Theyre trying to sell americans poop plated with gold with harris

Fools gold. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One wonders why she chose to go on an interview with someone not her friend and then get snarky with the interviewer. Is that how she will be when meeting world leaders she doesn't like?

Image your hair on fire if she’d called him nasty?… :coffee1:

• Agree 1

Fox edited the enemy within clip.  Caught red-handed.  She wouldn't let Baier snow her when she called him on it.  She's got guts. 

That station goes out of their way to make DT look good, and he doesn't like it, he'll double down on what he said, brushing aside the Fox editorializing.  Don't they get embarrassed?

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder how long ago the ones that imposed Harris into being the replacement for Biden realised they picked a loser, AGAIN!

I think they looked at that juicy Biden/Harris war chest and put Harris forward knowing that's the only choice they had to keep that money in play.  Little did they know they'd be raising about a $billion, no matter who they put up against The Donald.  Had they known, they'd have chosen wiser.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Fox edited the enemy within clip.  Caught red-handed.  She wouldn't let Baier snow her when she called him on it.  She's got guts. 

That station goes out of their way to make DT look good, and he doesn't like it, he'll double down on what he said, brushing aside the Fox editorializing.  Don't they get embarrassed?

Fox runs an entertainment channel.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suspect she won't be repeating that though. 

BTW, it's just over 2 weeks to go till the big day, and she still hasn't managed to put distance between herself and Trump in the polls, LOL.

Perhaps she was making the point that she was prepared to undergo a hostile interview - without demanding an on air apology for an imagined slight from 4 years ago.

She wasn't particularly snarky, he asked some very barbed questions, making it absolutely clear in asking them the answer he expected, wished, to hear. It was rather than an interview a "switch and bait session". She answered them, in a measured style and was not prepared to let him bamboozle him into loosing her temper.

Incidentally, I thought the remark " you are a serious journalist, you will have done your research" was very funny. Not quite up there with "Kamala Harris has a résumé, Donald Trump has a rap sheet" but still funny.

Will it make a difference? Well it's Fox News, interviewer and audience share the same agenda, which was followed from the start, so it won't, never was, going to change that. But they can't claim that she isn't avoiding hostile interviews.

Could have done with an "Ave Maria" or two and some Pavarotti - maybe she forgot to bring her IPod?

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder how long ago the ones that imposed Harris into being the replacement for Biden realised they picked a loser, AGAIN!

I guess they will try again with her next time, unless they can find a Black/ Asian lesbian paraplegic in the next 4 years

Their next DEI will be Mayor Pete. I cant wait.