Big C Extra is becoming too dangerous to visit

scubascuba3

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The ceiling and roof lets in loads of water, just a matter of time before it gives way over the escalator and kills loads of dirty farang

IMG_20241018_083542.jpg

On the plus side--being a glass half-full guy--they'll die nice and clean after all that water has cascaded over them.  

• Haha 1

I posted about this in another thread a few weeks ago. For a while they closed the escalator at that end, but although the situation got worse since, they have now opened it again.

I have not used that escalator since I made the post, as I realize it is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I posted about this in another thread a few weeks ago. For a while they closed the escalator at that end, but although the situation got worse since, they have now opened it again.

I have not used that escalator since I made the post, as I realize it is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don’t know.
It looks like they have fixed it already and taped it up nicely.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I was told this was exacerbated by workers on the roof installing solar panels... and presumably subsequent rains.

The escalator going under it was closed for a while, which was a pain in itself, but got reopened about 10 or so days ago.  I will take an umbrella!

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It is dangerous, let's see if it hits the news in the next couple weeks, in the meantime I'm using Big C Sukhumvit 

There's 2 sets of escalators, use the set on the other side of the shopping centre. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

just a matter of time before it gives way over the escalator and kills loads of dirty farang

I hear what you are saying, loads of dirty foreigners there. 

Am I in danger of being killed, I'm a clean farang? 

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The only thing dangerous in Big C Extra are the crazy high meat prices....

Prices are high due to the high wages they pay to the foreigners working at the meat and bakery departments. 

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Prices are high due to the high wages they pay to the foreigners working at the meat and bakery departments. 

The high meat prices started the day they had a private company run the meat department......Prices doubled  and tripled over night......

I gave up on Big C Extra and now go the Makro....

Edited by redwood1

Just now, redwood1 said:

The high meat prices stated the day they had a private company run the meat department

I wasn't aware of that, then again I don't pay much attention to prices these days. 

So it's now managed by a private company?