• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 2,155

Thailand to tax residents’ foreign income irrespective of remittance

2. 114

Does your Thai wife keep you on a short leash?

3. 6

What comes after election day (unless Trump wins the electoral college)

4. 151

Deadlocked Between Trump and Harris in NBC News Poll as Election Approaches

5. 7

Passport expired and retirement extension?

6. 9

No Thai Workers Held by Hamas, Says Parliament Secretary

7. 40

Going inside Kad Suan Kaew

8. 25

Harris Jabs Trump at Al Smith Dinner with pre Recorded Video Message

9. 9

No Thai Workers Held by Hamas, Says Parliament Secretary

10. 547

A vote for Trump is a vote for Putin / Orban / Kim Jong Un

11. 151

Deadlocked Between Trump and Harris in NBC News Poll as Election Approaches

12. 90

Judge: Trump Could Be Partially Responsible for Jan. 6 Riot Despite Lack of Direct Order

13. 73

I've never seen Trump laugh except..

Heinz (or any) tinned soup

saintdomingo

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

They will deliver anywhere :smile:  A friend has a Siamsburi's delivery sent up to Khon Kaen.

Oh wow....never even contemplated it as an option.....is there anyone in particular you would recommend?

Cheers

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Oh wow....never even contemplated it as an option.....is there anyone in particular you would recommend?

Cheers

Siamsburi's have a decent online ordering system, but I don't know about others  -  and there will be others; perhaps a Google of expat food deliveries will provide options.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saintdomingo said:

The sick bit applies to the throat, I struggle to get anything down.

Sorry about that. If you like veggies and the missus has a good local fresh market nearby, then maybe the soup machine is the way to go? Then you can input what you like/want and at least know what's in there for sure. Extra herbs and some garlic/ginger will make it more interesting and is better for you if you can handle it. Good luck.

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Siamsburi's have a decent online ordering system, but I don't know about others  -  and there will be others; perhaps a Google of expat food deliveries will provide options.

Brill.....thanks for that. Will have as shufty.

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Messaged them....fingers crossed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I wouldn't class marmalade with shreds as food. But it's nice on toast.

Shredless is like 0% beer, or shagging with a Johnny on.

"Shredless is like 0% beer". I don't know about that as I don't drink, and haven't used a Johnny since I met my wife.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Yes, very expensive, I do not see how Lazada can justify a price increase of around  150% but that's there cheating sellers for you. Thanks anyway.

On 10/18/2024 at 11:55 AM, transam said:

Those canned soup prices seem rather steep.

If I were doing it...

I would try to teach my wife how to make soup.

You could pay her the amount saved by substituting homemade soup for canned soup.

Also healthier, considering the high sodium content of some of these canned soups.

Just a thought....

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Those canned soup prices seem rather steep.

If I were doing it...

I would try to teach my wife how to make soup.

You could pay her the amount saved by substituting homemade soup for canned soup.

Also healthier, considering the high sodium content of some of these canned soups.

Just a thought....

I haven't consumed soup for probably 20 years, just trying to help a bloke here......😉

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I haven't consumed soup for probably 20 years, just trying to help a bloke here......😉

Soup is good.

Soup is even better when we know what's in it.

Stew is also good.

I just with I had a wife to make me homemade soup and homemade stew.

But, alas, this will probably never again be in the cards for me.

Few women can tolerate me for more than 12 months.

So, this guy who is looking for soup seems, actually, very fortunate, compared to me.

The KEY here is to try to make soup, oneself, and not consume it from a can.

I was told this morning that Go Wholesale have home delivery, https://centralfoodwholesale.co.th/en/

Although a new one has opened near me I have not had the chance to take a look yet, 

Go to app store they have an app also,

For me canned soup is just a backup, normally we make our own my wife will make a big pan of whatever we fancy, if you are not feeling good try Khao Tom tried and tested Thai soup,  

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I was told this morning that Go Wholesale have home delivery, https://centralfoodwholesale.co.th/en/

Although a new one has opened near me I have not had the chance to take a look yet, 

Go to app store they have an app also,

For me canned soup is just a backup, normally we make our own my wife will make a big pan of whatever we fancy, if you are not feeling good try Khao Tom tried and tested Thai soup,  

Please attach your wife's recipe for Khao Dom.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please attach your wife's recipe for Khao Dom.

Thank you.

That means I will have to be nice to her, Im joking she just follows some online chef's, then add's her own style,

I know tomorrow we having chicken noodle soup, 

3 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Thanks to all for your help, it seems like I'm in for the long haul weaning myself off the ensure gold.

just order on the Food Panda .... they will deliver soup,  chicken, pizza,  burgers ....  whatever you like.  

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

That means I will have to be nice to her, Im joking she just follows some online chef's, then add's her own style,

I know tomorrow we having chicken noodle soup, 

You are truly blessed.

• Agree 1

Excessive canned food can be bad for your health:

• cans often contain high amounts of sodium, sugar, and other additives that may be detrimental when consumed excessively.

• many have a lining that includes bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical potentially impacting the endocrine system.

• the canning process is known to diminish the content of heat-sensitive vitamins such as vitamin C and some B vitamins.

As someone with temporomandibular disorder (TMD), I sometimes struggle to chew large food pieces, and the frequent cleaning required for blenders can be a hassle.

However, I've discovered that slowly simmering freshly chopped vegetables and minced meat on low heat yields an exceptional healthy dish.

Edited by LosLobo

4 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Good idea, I did have a none too successful attempt with the blender and not bothered since.

Slow cooker is 500 baht. Blend the result afterwards.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, very expensive, I do not see how Lazada can justify a price increase of around  150% but that's there cheating sellers for you. Thanks anyway.

Lazada don't set prices, they sre only the platform for multiple sellers.

• Thanks 1