Thailand Probes Thaksin's Alleged Political Manipulation

webfact

Kuhn Toni has not learnt his lesson by what happened when he was last in power . The military allowed him back for various reasons it appears he has started to abuse their agreements and now it appears that he and his family have overstepped whatever agreement they had maybe he should ready his private aircraft to once again flee the country before he ends up incarcerated and this time it won’t be in the police hospital !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Election Commission is ramping up efforts to address sweeping allegations of power misuse by Thaksin Shinawatra. As the de facto leader of the Pheu Thai party, Thaksin is accused of clandestinely steering both his party and its coalition partners, despite being legally barred from political involvement following past criminal convictions.

No way!!!!!!!!!!! Can't be true. Everyone that has been posting similar things on here for months are wrong. He is and old sick man. Leave him alone.

As i remember it the people voted in a fine young man who was not accepted for the job, not very democratic .

But maybe Thaksin was involved in that too ?

Any any event the following 2 puppets both seem destined to fall.

So why not have another election and this time follow the peoples choice, and let this fine young man win again, and show the world there is no corruption involved.

Edited by Johno57
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Johno57 said:

As i remember it the people voted in a fine young man who was not accepted for the job, not very democratic .

But maybe Thaksin was involved in that too ?

Any any event the following 2 puppets both seem destined to fall.

So why not have another election and this time follow the peoples choice, and let this fine young man win again.

Nice sentiment but the "nice young man is banned from politics "

From an outsider (farang) looking in, it is painfully obvious what is going on here. Yes. The word begins with a C. The PM that was elected by the people in a landslide, was thwarted over a non issue that was spun into an actual problem, and afterwards, the whole party was to be deported  (not sure if that actually happened). Suspiciously, this occurred in the same year that Thaksin returned from exile in 2023. Then someone who was NOT chosen by the people just steps in and takes over, and to make it worse, "they" oust that guy and install yet a second person who is conveniently Thaksin's daughter! 

The elections and subsequent "selections" are super hinky. Even to someone like me who is not that knowledgeable about Thai politics. 
Nah ... nothing to see here folks. 

Edited by BadSpottedDog
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

From an outsider (farang) looking in, it is painfully obvious what is going on here. Yes. The word begins with a C. The PM that was elected by the people in a landslide, was thwarted over an issue that was spun into an actual problem, and afterwards, the whole party was to be deported  (not sure if that actually happened). Suspiciously, this occurred in the same year that Taksin returned from exile in 2023. Then someone who was NOT chosen by the people just steps in and takes over, and to make it worse, "they" oust that guy and install yet a second person who is conveniently Taksin's daughter! 

The elections and subsequent "selections" are super hinky. Even to someone like me who is not that knowledgeable about Thai politics. 
Nah ... nothing to see here folks. 

Yes think you got that right you know nothing about politics full stop

for one the PM is not elected by the people rather the MP vote for the PM  the people vote for MPs

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Rinato said:

If the EC decides to disband parties involved I hope military won't take over again.

Careful what you wish for. Mine is an unpopular opinion, but when Prayuth was in charge were we expats even imagining that we might some day be taxed up the wazoo for our offshore income? Of course Prayuth stood for status quo in the extreme, but we knew where we stood, and it's hard to believe that Thailand won't have at least some form of ongoing oligarchic rule--at least in our lifetimes. So at least consider the lesser evil. 

20 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The investigation is expected to conclude in 30 days, but it may be extended for up to 30 days at a time until it is completed."

Oh, dear - more committee meetings then!

Yes, it will possibly take near 30 days in which to form a committee with 30 day extensions to follow.

In my previous post, I stated imminent.  Not so sure now.