Sick and tired

still kicking

55 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election. Every second topic on AN is about that. Why talk about a country who is bankrupt? Hate Trump hate Harries who cares? not every body lives in the US only 340 million out of 8 billion. Sorry about my American friends but I am getting pinched off. How many posts do we get about the coming Australian election ? None What about New Zealand or Italy India none, 

You could just not click on posts like that, or have a vacation from AN till after the election. Is that too hard?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If the OP is so tired of it, why in the first place he starts topic in this forum, as this is his second one in just a week? And why is he constantly replying to topics in there, spewing his hate as a non-American citizen, against always the same candidate?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Didn't you post this very same topic within the last week or so?

If you don't like it, don't click on the link that goes to that topic.

We're ALL sick of this election. I practice the holy right to ignore most of the political topics and you can, too.

Problem is there is a major US election every 2 years. Which means that as soon as this one is over the talk about the next one starts again.

They should at least change the timing and change the in between cycle. Give them 2 more years once so nex time all is elected in 1 go.

7 hours ago, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election.

Self imposed sick and tired, or is someone forcing you? Obviously this is a complaint about one’s own willingness to participate.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We don't have controversies about abortion or the alphabet thing, and we are too far away from everywhere for rubber boats so nothing about illegal immigrants either. I guess we are just not chaotic enough to care about.

However, I'm pretty sure something really awful is coming along, though I can't post what it is on here.

Here are some of the top political issues in New Zealand:

1. Housing Affordability: High property prices and rental costs, leading to housing insecurity.

2. Climate Change: Strategies for reducing carbon emissions and transitioning to renewable energy.

3. Health Care: Access to services, funding, and mental health resources.

4. Indigenous Rights: Treaty of Waitangi issues and Māori representation in government.

5. Immigration Policy: Balancing immigration for economic growth with public sentiment.

6. Economic Recovery: Post-COVID-19 recovery strategies and economic resilience.

7. Education Reform: Quality of education and funding for schools.

8. Social Inequality: Addressing disparities in wealth and opportunity.

9. Crime and Justice: Policing, sentencing reforms, and rehabilitation.

10. Child Poverty: Strategies to reduce poverty rates among children.

11. Environmental Protection: Conservation efforts and biodiversity preservation.

12. Water Rights: Management of freshwater resources and Māori water rights.

13. Infrastructure Development: Investment in transport and communication networks.

14. Welfare and Social Security: Reforming welfare systems to better support vulnerable populations.

15. Drug Policy: Approaches to drug use, decriminalization, and harm reduction.

16. Digital Privacy and Security: Regulation of technology and data protection.

17. Foreign Policy: Relations with China, the U.S., and Pacific neighbors.

18. Labour Rights: Workers’ rights, fair pay, and job security.

19. Public Transport: Improving accessibility and sustainability.

20. Agricultural Policy: Balancing economic interests with environmental sustainability.

These issues often shape political discourse and influence elections in New Zealand.

• Like 2

I am enjoying the 'run up' to this years US election.  

Bit of a mystery combined with comedy overtones.  

'The Donald is always good for a laugh. 

Better than some Netflix series. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election. Every second topic on AN is about that. Why talk about a country who is bankrupt? Hate Trump hate Harries who cares? not every body lives in the US only 340 million out of 8 billion. Sorry about my American friends but I am getting pinched off. How many posts do we get about the coming Australian election ? None What about New Zealand or Italy India none, 

Those countries are not The USA. Not even close and no one cares about them. NO one outside their own borders. In some way or another, every country and person cares about what goes on in the USA. What happens in the USA affects the entire world. No other country has that effect, except maybe China...but not really. Not yet, anyway. India, Italy, Australia, NZ...:cheesy:

7 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

We are the center of the world,  universe and we don't care who jokes and ridicules us.

Now go back to your little country and wait until we tell you what to do.

No need to be modest , say what you feel

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

We are the center of the world, and we don't care who jokes and ridicules us.

Now go back to your little country and wait until we tell you what to do.

You just proved my point and no one listens to the likes of you. Oh and btw, good luck with the your countries looming bankruptcy. That’s why most of the world is moving away from the USD.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We don't have controversies about abortion or the alphabet thing, and we are too far away from everywhere for rubber boats so nothing about illegal immigrants either. I guess we are just not chaotic enough to care about.

However, I'm pretty sure something really awful is coming along, though I can't post what it is on here.

Your lady drivers in the Navy keep the rest of us entertained.

1 hour ago, JoeRan said:

It is because most Americans think they are the center of the universe and that’s all they know to talk about. Most are ignorant about the rest of the world. In reality, they have become the joke and ridicule of the world, and soon they may begin to realize that, although I doubt it. 

What a tool 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

And what percentage of the replies and or posts are from non USA citizens, a lot

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I agree with the OP.

The Kiwis bowling out India for 46, (including 5 ducks), on an overcast morning at Bengalaru would be a much more stimulating conversation compared to partisan rants from haters and lovers of either presidential candidate.

And let's face it - whoever wins, we were always gonna be up crappers creek anyway. The only real difference will be the viscosity of the effluent.:coffee1:

Correct, I just watched a podcast from Mark Faber, it appears that neither Trump or Harris consider the US debt to be a problem, they know it is but there is nothing, from a political standpoint, that they can do. Who would vote for a party that says taxes have to be raised, social programs have to be reduced, pensions for government employees have to be reduced by 30%. Far better to just keep printing knowing that the BRICS hammer will smash the dollar in 3 to 5 years. Already Asian countries are storing massive amounts of gold and selling dollar debt because they know that it's unsustainable for the US to pay a trillion dollar interest on its debt per year, payments which require even more printing, this stops any effort to rejuvenate the failing infrastructure. I had to laugh when he described the two candidates as the dumb one and the communist without naming names. It doesn't matter who wins, the West is f***ed.

• Thumbs Up 1