Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

At this point, the vendor’s younger sister stepped in to inquire what was happening. The foreigner, feeling threatened,

nuff said. I think if they increase the proposed tourist fee from 300 THB to 3K THB we won't have to read such stories...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Oh come on she clearly threw a bucket of water straight at the Brit........

Good for her.

He is NOT a typical Brit tourist, but he is a poor example of the direction that the UK is heading lately.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

Disgusting 1st world trash.

Pretty sure that assh*le must behaved better if the food vendor was a stout man of goon outlook.

Or a group of mototaxi guys nearby.

• Haha 2

'He felt it was his right to smoke in public'  What arrogance.  it should be the right of every citizen to live in smoke free air, not breath the second-hand smoke from A-holes like this.

Thankfully , UK is fairly strict about smoking now, so these scum think thy can come to Thailand and break the laws if thy want to.

In my opinion Thailand is far too casual about enforcing their non-smoking laws.  it would be very good if he law regarding smoking in bars was enforced.  Good little earner for RTP as well; let them keep all the fines they collect.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

At this point, the vendor’s younger sister stepped in to inquire what was happening. The foreigner, feeling threatened, responded by overturning trays of bualoy, damaging tables, and throwing his lit cigarette at her.

Tourist or otherwise, you're a guest... behave like one

2 hours ago, hanbla said:

This is what happens when you change the visa rules and open the door to the country, then you get these "quality " tourists. Everywhere these morons who think they can do whatever they want.

All these incidents make thai think the same about all farangs living here. We, the 99% who behave, respect thai and thai culture will have difficulties because of these disgusting people. 

Exactly what change in visa rules are you referring to ?   There is not and never has been any visa regulations that would stop people  like this from coming here. 30 days visa exempt on arrival has been available since time immemorial , altering  that to 60 days has changed nothing. With tens of millions of people arriving here every year incidents like this are bound to happen occasionally its a racing certainty.   Just like the sanctimonious outpouring of outrage  from those who of course have never put a foot wrong themselves and can't wait to tell everybody else,  

• Agree 1

The report suggests that the vendor politely asked him to stop smoking, but is there proof of this politeness?

The report also says the vendor's sister stepped in to ask what was going on. Is there also proof of this?

I'm far from on the side of the smoking farang, but anyone who's been here long enough knows (in addition to how bad farang can be) that sometimes the locals don't ask politely and their 'siblings' happily and quickly join in a confrontation without 'asking who's right or wrong'

Just saying!

• Thanks 1

I don't smoke, or like smokers' habits, but if this is a public street, what business is it of hers to tell him where he can't smoke?

Can I put a sign next to my car parked on the road to say no smoking?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Anyone who is rude enough to smoke in the vicinity of other people eating has lost their right to be asked politely about anything .

Should cut all the talk out and just throw  a bucket of water over them 

While I agree with you, was it illegal for him to smoke there?

If not, who is she to tell him what to do?

We don't know how 'politely' she asked him, but her behaviour in the clip could give some ideas.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, rumeaug said:

Brits used to have the reputaion for being rather classy, flematic, self-controlled and polite....hum...sorry, say what?

Yes, UK used to be known as the land of gentlemanship.

Is Margaret Thatcher mostly to blame for the loss of English Goodness?

After reckless Privatization that only benefits mega corporations, all sorts of horrible things(making today's headlines) started to happen?

Edited by black tabby12345

5 minutes ago, 2long said:

While I agree with you, was it illegal for him to smoke there?

If not, who is she to tell him what to do?

We don't know how 'politely' she asked him, but her behaviour in the clip could give some ideas.

The cigarette smoke would likely annoy her and her customers and if he really needed to smoke , he could walk for 20 seconds to sit on a bench away from everyone else .

It is illegal to smoke in restaurants in Thailand or just standing outside the door of an establishment 

1 hour ago, black tabby12345 said:

Disgusting 1st world trash.

I don't believe England can still be classed as first world.  Look at the capital, much of which now resembles a third world hellhole.