Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

44 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, it is illegal in Thailand to smoke in markets and restaurants . 

From the view, he wasn't in a market or restaurant, he was smoking in the vicinity of a stall perched on the outside of the market as we can see from the traffic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

From the view, he wasn't in a market or restaurant, he was smoking in the vicinity of a stall perched on the outside of the market as we can see from the traffic.

The market is next to the road and the stall was within the market area

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The market is next to the road and the stall was within the market area

You can walk along that footpath and smoke as much as you want, it isn't in the market. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody at any time should have the right to ask somebody to not smoke near them, especially if it's a cafe or a restaurant where people are ingesting food. For some of us second hand tobacco smoke is one of the most obnoxious smells in the universe, it's right up there with the chemicals that come out of a chemical plant. So kudos to the stall owner for standing up to this filthy creep, and hopefully the police will have the vision and will to lock this guy up.

I suggest at least 6 months in the can and a 200,000 baht fine to the owner of the stall. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, roo860 said:

You can walk along that footpath and smoke as much as you want, it isn't in the market. 

There isn't a footpath , the food stalls are set back a bit from the road and the market extends all the way to the road , the kerb is part of the market as well 

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Spanish are protesting about the amount of tourists and how so many tourists are having a detrimental effect on their daily lives . 

And kudos to Spain for allowing this.  In Canada if you protest against foreigners laundering millions of dollars into Vancouver real estate - thereby driving up costs of housing into nosebleed territory unaffordable for mostly all but pro hockey players - you are shamed and called a racist by the woke libterds.

40 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

And kudos to Spain for allowing this.  In Canada if you protest against foreigners laundering millions of dollars into Vancouver real estate - thereby driving up costs of housing into nosebleed territory unaffordable for mostly all but pro hockey players - you are shamed and called a racist by the woke libterds.

And who cares? Woke and Uber PC culture is a form of extreme weakness being demonstrated by people without discriminative faculties who are simply following a relatively small herd into cultural oblivion. They must be ignored with every nanogram of our being. 

Hopefully this too shall pass. 

I think a lot of smokers just don't realize how obnoxious secondhand smoke is, and they seem to feel somewhat entitled to smoke wherever they want. If I walk into a restaurant and people are smoking, I turn around and just walk right back out. I just don't want to deal with it. I feel the same way about bars, if too many people are smoking it's just not worth it..

It is always fascinating when I watch European movies how high a percentage of people are smokers, it's as if they think smoking is still somehow hip or cool, little do they know how lame a habit it is, how filthy a habit it is, and how obnoxious and destructive a habit it is. Not to mention an expensive habit in many countries. 

• Sad 1