English Breakfast

cuddleypete

Hi there iam coming to pattaya in 2 weeks with my thai wife and son and this time we are bringing some friends and would like to know where the best english breakfast is??? ( so our friends will be ok )

ive used the elephant bar and pig and whistle and a few others .

pete and som

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not into a huge amount of grease - You could try the Continental off Soi Buakheaw. they do a range of breakfasts from "English, Scottish (potato cake) hash browns, german sausage etc etc - swiss Muesli and have a great bakery.......prices from about 90 to 140 baht a throw.

...but if you are into a healthy amount of grease, then apart from Pig & Whistle you can try Greg's Kitchen, Butcher's Arms, Queen Vic... or the mother of all greasy fry-ups Yorkies (albeit far far away) in Jomtien. I feel hungry now.... Hope you have a nice visit!

Yes we have - can you guess why????? :D
insert picture: crazed, toothless englishman shoving food into his mouth YEEAAAAHHHH!

Yep it was much better when it was The Yorkshire Rose but the poor old lad had hardening of the arteries and returned back to England about 6/7 years ago. Some Thais started running it for a while after that and i used to take the usual stuff over for them that were difficult to get back then (tetley t bags, bisto, HP sauce) for favours! :o

CD Then took over and, well you know the rest!

Round the corner from Soi 6 is also Fatties on Second Road. Similar to CDs but a little less quantity, a little higher price.

Crazy Dave's represents the bast price (65 baht for a normal brekkie, 100 baht for the full monte) which both include a cuppa and toast and marmalade,

There are so many places around, it is probably better to explore your own neighbourhood.

And of course all the large supermarkets have food courts, where you can pick up a Thai-type breakfast.

• 1 year later...

I had a very good English Breakfast today on the corner of Soi 5 Jomtien Beach Road: I cannot be sure of the name of the restaurant, but it has a brown wooden sign inscribed with Greek/Russian script all around it. It offers a 119 baht breakfast kicking off with three egggs and all the trimmings. You will be satisfied. At the moment I cannot think of better value for money apart from APEX breakfast buffet, but APEX breakfast buffet exhibits a paucity of essential breakfast items like grilled tomato, baked beans, black puddings, mushrooms etc.

soihok.

Gregs kitchen over the road from soi 6 ,( as it happens).

Great grub followed by a great afternoons entertainment (apparently) ? ? ? ? ?

do you really think anyone would be looking for a Soi 6 Speciality entertainment just after a big breakfast ?

i doubt that very much no matter how attractive / willing the waitress / hostess is .

with respect ..... dave2

soihok.

Gregs kitchen over the road from soi 6 ,( as it happens).

Great grub followed by a great afternoons entertainment (apparently) ? ? ? ? ?

do you really think anyone would be looking for a Soi 6 Speciality entertainment just after a big breakfast ?

i doubt that very much no matter how attractive / willing the waitress / hostess is .

with respect ..... dave2

dave, dave, dave....

with respect, breakfast, like beer, is not just for the mornings anymore.

ah, the pleasures of the 'all day breakfast'. you could even have breakfast AFTER an afternoon well spent thumbing through the periodicals at the library, no?

The ritz on soi yomato is my preffered place for an English brekie mmmmmmmm

Yes, that would have be high, maybe not top, on my list five years back. Last time I went there the food was dismal and the atmosphere of the place, never great anytime, was like a morgue. Mentioned it to a mate, long time resident, and he agreed it had gone right downhill.

Haven't been to the Sportsman in soi Yodsak (6) for a long time but that was always one of the best. However if you are taking wife, family or friends best make you visit early morning, before mid day at least. Don't know what the other Sportsman in soi 13 is like these days but it was okay a few years back. I haven't even been along that soi for a good few years.

Greg's Kitchen already mentioned is a dependable good grub shop.

I'm not that keen on the faux Irish places for other reasons nothing to do with the food or service but they are a good bet especially with new visitors as they are clean and fairly free from the beer bellied tattoo brigade.

Don't know what the other Sportsman in soi 13 is like these days but it was okay a few years back. I haven't even been along that soi for a good few years.

I asked for reccomendations for Pattaya breakfasts several years ago, and the Sportsman on soi 13 was about the best of them. I'm in Pattaya 2 or 3 times per year and I eat there almost every morning. :o

There's a little place in Central Arcade called The Little Wonder, opposite Papagayo, which does a great breakfast. About 120 Baht incl a mug of coffee/tea and a slice of decent bread & butter - fried eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, fried tomato, beans, fried bread, all cooked nicely, i.e. the eggs are actually fried, not poached in oil like you get in a lot of places. It's worth trying IMHO. There are a couple of tables outside for smokers. They also do traditional London style pie, mash and liquor - the only place I've seen in Pattaya that offers this.

I had a very good English Breakfast today on the corner of Soi 5 Jomtien Beach Road: I cannot be sure of the name of the restaurant, but it has a brown wooden sign inscribed with Greek/Russian script all around it. It offers a 119 baht breakfast kicking off with three egggs and all the trimmings. You will be satisfied. At the moment I cannot think of better value for money apart from APEX breakfast buffet, but APEX breakfast buffet exhibits a paucity of essential breakfast items like grilled tomato, baked beans, black puddings, mushrooms etc.

I agree the Apex breakfast buffet is very good, but it does lack some essential breakfast items, especially black puddings!!

:o:D

The breakfast at Crazy Daves it must be said is excellent for the money. (now 70 bht)

Breakfast at the Elephant & Castle (often called Elephant Bar or Mickey's) 2nd Rd corner of Soi 8 is very, very good & lots of it, but is somewhat more expensive.