The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

And the nerves did jangle, sorry no pun intended. only club to win in towin intop 8 bury, sneeked in against league 2 form team Bournemouth.

so pissed went to a friends condo and the wireless wasnt farange friendly so weird !!!!meant I couldn't listen in from what i gather a good advert for league 2 footie

an interesting little interview with Exeter manager on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_3/7948995.stm

but from what ive read a fair result. Chesterfield look the dark horses 2 games in hand and A GOOD strike force, maca lad another close ONE?

Chesterfield look the dark horses 2 games in hand and A GOOD strike force, maca lad another close ONE?

Yeah,another close one,leading with 15 minutes to go but another defeat.Two wins out of the last seven will save us but ridiculous we are in this position.eg.Chesterfield promotion dark horses we beat comfortably away 4-2.

Rochdale and Exeter all square...still everything to play for...I reckon one of you will get automatic promotion,though.

Watch out world The mighty Exeter march on

Brentford next stop!!

cant wait!!

Well done,Exeter,up to second place in the league!

But what happened to Rochdale.....thumped 4-0 by Bournemouth.

Even Macc Town got a point (1-1 v Chesterfield) but Chester won away so only 7 points behind Macc now! :o

Thats a good point maccalad, chesterfield are a good team and probably have the best strike force in the league

actually rethink that, everyone at exeter is totally totally raving about fleetwoods and his 2 goals yesterday

reckon the best brace for 25 years!!

yeah and as for Bournemouth as I Said b4 and after they recently stuffed us 3-1 at st james pk they are probably the form team of the division at the mo

im sure rochdale will bounce back.

Chester City 0 Macclesfield Town 2 :o

That win all but secures Maccs future in League 2 next season.With 4 games to go they are 10 points ahead of Chester and 9 points ahead of Grimsby battling to avoid the second relegation spot.

A great draw for Exeter 1-1 at table topping Brentford and Rochdale beat Port Vale 1-0 to keep their automatic promotion hopes alive.

So everybody happy this weekend.

PS:Whats happened to mr.bojangles....not heard from him in ages,anybody know ??

Chester City 0 Macclesfield Town 2 :D

That win all but secures Maccs future in League 2 next season.With 4 games to go they are 10 points ahead of Chester and 9 points ahead of Grimsby battling to avoid the second relegation spot.

A great draw for Exeter 1-1 at table topping Brentford and Rochdale beat Port Vale 1-0 to keep their automatic promotion hopes alive.

So everybody happy this weekend.

PS:Whats happened to mr.bojangles....not heard from him in ages,anybody know ??

I just read the match report Macclad, you just can't beat a 'derby' win can you? great stuff.

At last a win for the reds at home to Brizzle City, Dexter Blackstock with a 90th minute winner :D Now out the bottom 3 but a daunting trip to Brammel lane tomorrow :D

BTW, MrBJ will be over in LOS next month I think he said, not sure why he's not been on the forum though :o

At last a win for the reds at home to Brizzle City, Dexter Blackstock with a 90th minute winner :D Now out the bottom 3 but a daunting trip to Brammel lane tomorrow :o

Other than Sheffield United your remaining fixtures dont look too bad.

Sheffield United A,Coventry H,Blackpool A,Southampton H........you should get 7 points out of those games.

Norwich have....

Watford H,Ipswich A,Reading H,Charlton A......cant see them getting more than 7 points so you should be safe ! :D

Great result macca congrats, as you say more or less confirmation of youre league spot next year

as for Exeter, realistically a good point, but we should have won, to let in a 89trh min goal, was to say at the least disappointing, the players walked off

with there heads down.

But on the day a fair result,they are a good team and had by far the most possession, and threatened the most but just couldn't finish,

whereas we had one chance one goal! that man fleetwood , again. great crowd we took 1800 fans and sang their hearts out for 90 mins!

as for b j no idea all i know is that theyve got a toughy this after, v shrewsbury

almost as tough as our game against wycombe, but they didnt play the v v phsical brentford 2 days b4, bet the exeter lads are feeling it, Brentford take no prisoners.

Great win for Exeter....looking good for automatic promotion now......crowd was 8300 !

Good draw for Rochdale at Shrewsbury.

Excellent point for Forest against Sheffield United.Norwich & Southampton won but Forest look to have the easier run in.

Macc Town.....lost again to another late goal :o ....keeps the dream of a Conference derby next season against Altrincham alive !

A very welcome 3 points of Coventry yesterday takes us 3 points off the relegation place. Hopefully the tractor boys will do us a favour & turn Norwich over later today. Next week is Blackpool & keeping fingers crossed for another 3 points which might well clinch safety for this season.

A very welcome 3 points of Coventry yesterday takes us 3 points off the relegation place. Hopefully the tractor boys will do us a favour & turn Norwich over later today. Next week is Blackpool & keeping fingers crossed for another 3 points which might well clinch safety for this season.

I had the Coventry game down as a draw, a point at Blackpool with the last home game at Southampton being the decider from which we got 3 points to stay up !

The Coventry win was a much needed bonus (as was the late win against Bristol).

IF the Tractor Boys can stuff Norwich I think we are home and dry (even if it is Barnsley who actually slip into the 3rd relegation spot). When in the UK, Ipswich are my 'local' team and regrettably we cannot rely on them to get a win. Also their season is over, and Magilton is finished, I hope they have enough pride to beat the local "Scum". If Ipswich lose I expect Magilton to immediately resign - I sincerely hope he is still in his job on Monday :o

Great win for Exeter....looking good for automatic promotion now......crowd was 8300 !

Good draw for Rochdale at Shrewsbury.

Excellent point for Forest against Sheffield United.Norwich & Southampton won but Forest look to have the easier run in.

Macc Town.....lost again to another late goal :D ....keeps the dream of a Conference derby next season against Altrincham alive !

Looks like Exeter will do it.

Rochdale fluffed it again !! Hopefully they'll keep their nerve and make the play off's :o

maybe mr b, nerves seem to have caught you?

for us,a bit of luck yesterday with the og on 88, but hey ive seen enough of bad luck with Exeter to last me until my grave and some , inc the 88 th against brentford

Boring boring, but this manager Tisdale is something special 7 season in a trot hes been involved in play offs/ promotions, suggest this year is not a fluke hes got it, what ever it is!!

only threat now is bury, and if they beat us to auto promo, i will l blame you macca lad!!!only joking mate, they are on a roll at the mo whereas we are scrapng through games. just. dont really fancy us in the play offs, but never say never with tisdale. I personally would love another day out at wembley

Nearly there, come on Reading, let's be having you :o

I too am going to be a Royals fan for 24 hours.

I have this recurring nightmare that on the last day Norwich beat Charlton, Barnsley draw with Plymouth and Forest lose to an 89th minute offside goal against Southampton.

Therefore, for Forest NOT to go down on goal difference Norwich need to lose tonight (making Forest safe and I can sleep at night).

Fans of Premiership clubs who may not take an interest in the Championship probably do not realise how the fixture computer contrived to have the bottom 6 teams playing each other on the final Sunday - true drama.

Come on Reading :D

Nearly there, come on Reading, let's be having you :o

I too am going to be a Royals fan for 24 hours.

I have this recurring nightmare that on the last day Norwich beat Charlton, Barnsley draw with Plymouth and Forest lose to an 89th minute offside goal against Southampton.

Therefore, for Forest NOT to go down on goal difference Norwich need to lose tonight (making Forest safe and I can sleep at night).

Fans of Premiership clubs who may not take an interest in the Championship probably do not realise how the fixture computer contrived to have the bottom 6 teams playing each other on the final Sunday - true drama.

Come on Reading :D

Ahmen :D

A huge sigh of relief now we've secured our championship place for another season......albeit by Readings contribution bt beating Norwich tonight. Hopefully BD can sort them out for a better crack next season.

A huge sigh of relief now we've secured our championship place for another season......albeit by Readings contribution bt beating Norwich tonight. Hopefully BD can sort them out for a better crack next season.

I am sure Forest will beat Southampton on Saturday :o

However, I can now sleep better thanks to Reading's performance. A double-edged sword - I have many Ipswich Town friends and last nights result will seethe Canaries relegated unless they win at Charlton AND Barnsley lose at Plymouth.

I believe that under the ineffective Colin Calderwood we would have already been down. Billy Davies now has a chance to show what he can do from a clean start.

Come on you Reds :D

Sorry I've not posted for a couple of weeks but I've been on holiday in Bali...now in Jomtien with a cold :o

So Macc Town are safe but a very disappointing season.A few weeks ago the assistant manager said they had targeted 8 new signings for next season.Maybe better keeping his mouth shut till the season ends as it means at least 8 of the current squad will be shown the door !

Congratulations to Forest on staying up in the Championship.I'm sure Billy Davies will get them sorted for next season.

A big weekend coming up for Exeter and Rochdale.For what its worth I reckon Exeter will get automatic promotion and Rochdale will go up via the play offs.Good luck to both teams :D

Nice to have you back on board mr bj.

A big weekend coming up for Exeter and Rochdale.For what its worth I reckon Exeter will get automatic promotion and Rochdale will go up via the play offs.Good luck to both teams :D

I think your'e right about the automatic spot. But not sure if we'll go up via the play off's. It's a lottery but i suppose you gotta be in it to win it.

Nice to have you back on board mr bj.

Cheers mac. My PC had a total breakdown and was in for major surgery. My company laptop has some sort of blocker on it, that doesn't allow us to use certain sites. For instance, Hotmail and sites with the word "forum" in it. Jaysus you'd think we'd spend all day on discussion forums eh :D Anyway, a computer geek has helped me by-pass it. :o

Are you coming to the Crossbar on the 10th May ?

Are you coming to the Crossbar on the 10th May ?

Nah,with typical bad timing we fly out of Bangkok on the 9th :)

A shame because it would have been nice to meet up with everyone.

But we come to Bangkok for a weekend two or three times a year so will try to make it in the future.

well ive got my doubts now, in fact i dont reckon were gonna get the auto spot

weve got to win at rotherham!!!

, without the points deduction they would be in our position now, what Robbins has done is exceptional

good player, good manager. and if we dont beat them all bury have to do is beat Acrington at bury, no disrespect to accy, but what do you reckon.

me my monies on bury!! and cant really see us doing it in the play offs. d and r look on a roll just at the right time.

good luck mr bj, its all about timing , youve had youre dodgy spell, perhaps its youre time!!