Index Shop?

SARAHJ101

I think Index are trying.

Ten months ago I had them design a kitchen for me, they routinely charge 2000 baht for the service which is deductable from the bill when you buy a kitchen from them or it can be converted into purchases if you do not.

We did not purchase their kitchen and I forgot all about the 2000 baht credit.

Last week I found the credit note and in a pile of papers and trotted it into Index to claim my purchases. Guess what? "No problem sir, choose what you want and bring it to the desk with the note and we will deduct it from the total". I was expecting all kinds of reasons why I could not spend this credit note after ten months but instead all I got was polite

co operation and smiles and a bag full of goodies that I would not normally splurge on. :o

I think Index are trying.

Ten months ago I had them design a kitchen for me, they routinely charge 2000 baht for the service which is deductable from the bill when you buy a kitchen from them or it can be converted into purchases if you do not.

We did not purchase their kitchen and I forgot all about the 2000 baht credit.

Last week I found the credit note and in a pile of papers and trotted it into Index to claim my purchases. Guess what? "No problem sir, choose what you want and bring it to the desk with the note and we will deduct it from the total". I was expecting all kinds of reasons why I could not spend this credit note after ten months but instead all I got was polite

co operation and smiles and a bag full of goodies that I would not normally splurge on. :o

Nice post Rimmer! After all these recent whines about piss-poor customer service, this makes a nice change. I am in the kitchen market so I will send the girlfriend over to Index get a design ASAP.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I resuscitate this old thread about INDEX mall in Pattaya.

Does anyone know if we can discount/bargain prices there ?

I am looking to change my salon (sofa, armchairs, table, ...)

and it's the only place I visited today that told me

"Can't change prices. No discount." :)

Someone experience here ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Can you bargain prices in Tesco,Big C or Carrefour?

Hi,

Thanks

Index will give 3% if you ask or asking bothers you get an Index card prior to buying anything

the biggest surprises in furniture buying and the buying tip i offer to you, is this:

visit SB Furniture, find what you like and have a bid at whats on offer

at the one at Pattaya Klang near Tesco, i saw a nice wood cabinet i liked at 15,500, i bid 10,000 to the boss, we agreed at 11500 delivered

the SB near to Siam Country Club Road turning on Sukhumvit, i have had numerous pieces of furnirure from there at list price 15,000ish and after some negotiation bought for 10,000 delivered.

it surprised me a major national retailer would discount at all, never mind dig so deep

i am guessing some stores may be SB Franchises rather than corporate outlets and have greater leeway to discount

i hope that helps

Hi,

Thanks for your replies and the 3% information for INDEX.

Can you bargain prices in Tesco,Big C or Carrefour?

These are "general supermarkets", not the same thing.

In the SB furniture near Tesco, I was proposed a 10% discount just because I was looking at the same sofa for about 5 minutes :)

In Kanyong, I was proposed the salon-table free if I buy the sofa + 2 armchairs :D

So YES it is common to have discount or to bargain in furniture stores :D

But INDEX seems to be an exception. :D

Thanks

INDEX are not cheap, but the quality of what they sell is a cut above the average, I have an Index kitchen which after a year in place looked a tad odd around the main sink area. A quick shuffty underneath showed the supporting units were sagging. A call to INDEX, out they came and even after a year, no questions asked, they just fixed the problem.

Yes I paid more to start with, but like most things in life you get what you pay for.