How To Get Motorbike Driving Licence In Phuket

Goto the transport office, get the application forms (they are all in thai, so you will need help filling them out)

Take the completed forms back to the Transport office with the following

Passport + photo copy of relevant pages

Work Permit + photocopy of relevant pages

2 small photos

Recent (< 30 days old) doctors certificate stateing your in good health

fee: about 90baht

Get there early (around 8am) wait in line ot get the paperwork completed, you will then have to wait an hour or so. You will be taken into a little room and given a book with the thai "highway code" written in english, after you have read through that and learnt it, you will have to sit a multi-choice test.

If you complete that then you will have to return after 1pm to sit the pratical test.

If you pass that then you will have to wait a further 1-2hrs for them to produce your driving license and laminate it.

Alternativly if you have an international licence, or a offical translated copy of your home country license you will be able to transfer it directly into a thai driving license without sitting the tests.

Hope that helps some.

Alternativly if you have an international licence, or a offical translated copy of your home country license you will be able to transfer it directly into a thai driving license without sitting the tests.

Official by which means? Could my girlfriend translate it for me?

As i understand it, no, your gf cant translate it for you.

I know someone who wanted their english car license transferring to a thai one, he had to get an offical translation (one with a red stamp, from a recognised translator) before it was accepted. Cost him 1,000 baht for the translation.

Doing the actual test is easy, just time consuming.