More Rain More Floods

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another night and day of heavy rain

I have heard that the stretch of ring road between Big C and Samui town centre is impassable anny other news ?

the main road into chaweng (the lake road) is not passable on a motor bike ,police diverting all bike ,cars can go but that was at 5pm ,dont know about now ,the lake is at bursting point ..

here is another disaster-area......again, but today much more water then

the last time on the 24.oct.2007 :o

water about 40cm to 70cm deep (today, 8pm), depending where you stay...

Sorry, no actual photos because i don't have a boat with me.

post-51795-1194444723_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

Edited by Chayaphum

Maybe it's because I haven't ever been there before while the rain is pelting down, but the area either side of Chaweng nr the PTT was deeper than I've ever seen it. We were in a truck, but the water was still hitting the underside of the car - I definitely wouldn't take a car or a bike down there. This was a couple of hours ago though. Didn't venture as far as Big C in the end as we weren't sure of getting through. Uploading video now if anyone is interested.

Lamdin road (dow sea food market area) has been blocked off with rope

as off 1 hour ago. All you can see is the odd person waiding through the middle

of the road. All lights are off...looks pretty spooky

didnt open the bar tonight ,not many times in 13 years that has happened :o

Wheres your bar located?

Anyone trying to get in to Chaweng and not using the Lakeview road can use the back roads around the Bond Gai road turning towards the Airport (99 karaoke crossroads) then following the road around until you take the turn off towards the temple in Chaweng coming out in front of the Seven Eleven behind the Green Mango, just follow the rest of the traffic.

Wheres your bar located?

chaweng ....

Ferry is apparently going, and my husband has just taken his boss to the airport so they're obviously planning on leaving some time today. Lamai still flooded on the ring road, rubbish truck "came down" whatever that means on the road up behind from the temple to Tamarind Springs. Road must still be open though as it's the only way round and hubby managed to drive to the ferry pier this morning. Will get the full details when he gets home at lunchtime.

Another night and day of heavy rain

I have heard that the stretch of ring road between Big C and Samui town centre is impassable anny other news ?

The new drains in Bophut have failed the road is now flooded from the Fishermans Village traffic lights pretty much all the way to Maenam.

Anybody think Poppies will be accessible from Chaweng Noi end of the beach road? I've got relatives over and we want to go and pick them up tonight.

Update - the ferry was running earlier this morning from Lipa Noi (Raja) and although husband's boss didn't get on a flight this morning, they are there right now hoping to get on one. The South side of the island on the ring road again seems to be fine, flooding in three places - tessabaan, near Winner furniture and a bit further on from the PTT near Hua Thanon. Airport is accessible by road in a truck, but lots of people waiting there. Husband says the main road in Chaweng is pretty bad and doesn't recede much when the rain stops as it's still coming down the hills. He reckons about the same levels as in the video I posted, cars and bikes shouldn't risk it, but probably will!

Anybody think Poppies will be accessible from Chaweng Noi end of the beach road? I've got relatives over and we want to go and pick them up tonight.

Update - the ferry was running earlier this morning from Lipa Noi (Raja) and although husband's boss didn't get on a flight this morning, they are there right now hoping to get on one. The South side of the island on the ring road again seems to be fine, flooding in three places - tessabaan, near Winner furniture and a bit further on from the PTT near Hua Thanon. Airport is accessible by road in a truck, but lots of people waiting there. Husband says the main road in Chaweng is pretty bad and doesn't recede much when the rain stops as it's still coming down the hills. He reckons about the same levels as in the video I posted, cars and bikes shouldn't risk it, but probably will!

Was passing Poppies last night about 8pm, south end beach road was accessable till about 30 feet from Poppies, I then had to leave bike and wade past in about 2 1/2 feet of water. It may have improved a bit today....it certainly has by PTT!

Quiet a few delays.... :o

Departure from Samui on 08 NOVEMBER 2007

Flight No. To Scheduled Departure Estimated /

Actual Departure Status Remark

PG100 Bangkok 06:00 13:45 Estimated

PG104 Bangkok 07:45 13:40 Estimated

PG251 Phuket 08:15 14:00 Estimated

PG110 Bangkok 08:20 14:00 Estimated

PG293 Pattaya 09:15 14:00 Estimated

PG124 Bangkok 09:45 17:15 Estimated

PG295 Pattaya 11:05 17:15 Estimated

PG134 Bangkok 12:20 20:45 Estimated

PG265 Krabi 12:25 17:10 Estimated

PG243 Chiang Mai 13:00 17:55 Estimated

PG138 Bangkok 13:15 21:55 Estimated

PG146 Bangkok 13:30 19:50 Estimated

PG255 Phuket 15:10 19:50 Estimated

PG148 Bangkok 15:50 00:15 Estimated

PG961 Singapore 16:35 01:25 Estimated

PG164 Bangkok 18:00 20:35 Estimated

PG170 Bangkok 18:00 22:35 Estimated

PG178 Bangkok 18:25 22:20 Estimated

PG172 Bangkok 19:20 03:45 Estimated

PG182 Bangkok 21:00 23:45 Estimated

PG184 Bangkok 21:30 02:20 Estimated

PG192 Bangkok 22:00 22:00 Estimated

Was passing Poppies last night about 8pm, south end beach road was accessable till about 30 feet from Poppies, I then had to leave bike and wade past in about 2 1/2 feet of water. It may have improved a bit today....it certainly has by PTT!

by now 16:37 the situation has worsened! All the lower areas around the Chaweng reservoir are badly (2 ft.) flooded and it's raining since an hour or so again...

Flights are fully booked by tomorrow - Bangkok Airways recommends "stand by" only - I recommend: Don't Panic! Stay calm and wait (if you can) till the situation has improved!