Installing A Toliet Spray

TonyLeung

I am wondering if anyone has found or maybe if there are on this board, directions on how to install one of those water sprays for your toliet? Thanks!

Are you having problems with clingons?

Edited by mrtoad

I am wondering if anyone has found or maybe if there are on this board, directions on how to install one of those water sprays for your toliet? Thanks!

Whats this toliet? Is this a subversive promotion for http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=16364 ? or you really need this?

If so, a hose may be better, just connect to a tap with a hose clip :o

I recently had my butler arrange to have one installed. Not

sure about how it operates as my chamber maid does that for me.

Naka.

--------------------

I've always been concerned about those things bursting.

I've brought a few back to the states but have not had the nerve to install them.

I just used a empty shampoo bottle to wash the bottom. Works fine...

T fitting to wall and female/male with tap to regulate the pressure of spray. You can obtain chrome units in a bath shop but this serves the purpose.

Unfortunately, this doesn't reduce the initial pressure of the spray, but the flow rate.

When you first press the trigger, the water will shoot out at maximum pressure, but then the flow rate will be reduced by the tap, thus reducing the pressure. The initial amount that shoots out at high pressure will depend on the length and flexibility of the hose. To avoid the shock of the initial high pressure squirt, you should direct the spray away from your posterior for a second or two and then use it as normal. But each time you release the trigger, the pressure in the hose will build up again, necessitating the aforementioned shock avoidance procedure.

T fitting to wall and female/male with tap to regulate the pressure of spray. You can obtain chrome units in a bath shop but this serves the purpose.

Unfortunately, this doesn't reduce the initial pressure of the spray, but the flow rate.

When you first press the trigger, the water will shoot out at maximum pressure, but then the flow rate will be reduced by the tap, thus reducing the pressure. The initial amount that shoots out at high pressure will depend on the length and flexibility of the hose. To avoid the shock of the initial high pressure squirt, you should direct the spray away from your posterior for a second or two and then use it as normal. But each time you release the trigger, the pressure in the hose will build up again, necessitating the aforementioned shock avoidance procedure.

I'm not sure if that initial burst or pressure is necessarily a bad thing!

I've had two of these things burst during the night from the pressure from the water pump, once flooding the entire downstairs living area.

The screw on rings connecting the fitting to the pipe seem to be often made of chromed plastic made to look like a metal casting and one broke there, the other burst through the pipe.