Rock And Roll

raro

This is attempt #3562728 to get a band together...

We had a very capable keyboarder who suffered a heart attack and is out of order for the time being.

We had a very capable bass player who was on a different musical direction than we were and called it quits.

We had a very capable lead guitar player and singer who just got poached into a semi-professional project.

left over is a very capable drummer and little me for rythm gutiar and vocals.

We want to play Rock.

If there is anybody out there who also wants to play rock, please reply here or send me a PM.

cheers

raro

...forgot to mention one detail: this is for the fun of it only! No commercial intentions whatsoever, once there is enough repertoir to play for about an hour we would hi-jack beer bars once in a while and do a gig.

Hi Raro!

Any responses yet to your band? :o

And what sort of R&R are you thinking of playing? Oldie stuff from the 50's/60's or newer stuff?

Cheers

Given his age, the oldies for Raro is the 70's and 80's.

I think he is amenable to most music, he just wants to thrash his guitar and make a lot of noise, er music.

Hi Raro!

Any responses yet to your band? :D

And what sort of R&R are you thinking of playing? Oldie stuff from the 50's/60's or newer stuff?

Cheers

Given his age, the oldies for Raro is the 70's and 80's.

I think he is amenable to most music, he just wants to thrash his guitar and make a lot of noise, er music.

:o

Never trashed a guitar on stage so far...but that pice of firewood I've got might be ready for it!

Here's some stuff we used to play with the old band that disbanded after two members got transferred out of Thailand (because of their jobs, not because of playing with me.... :D ):

Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (was one of our best numbers)

China Girl - David Bowie (played a bit more like....well....think Keith Richards...)

White Wedding - Bily Idol

...just to name a few...

cheesy according to raro is (among others) most stuff from the Eagles, Summer of 69 and anything Bon Jovi after he cut his hair.

Songs should be chosen by "have I heard it in a beer bar before?" - if the answer is yes, it is off the list - unless we can play it so differently that it becomes a song on its own.

Let me try to explain this....

Yesterday I was at the Cannonball Blues Band concert at Easy Riders (which was just great!). They played Cocaine by JJ Cale, a song I wouldn't touch after Clapton vandalized and countless beer bar bands raped it. Cannonball played it in a way that it took me half the first verse to figure out which song it was. They didn't play the dead-ridden lick but put in a completely different one, making it a very enjoyable song. Got me?

We've got a great drummer and I'm really keen on doing it again...all we need is a bass player to start with and if there's a lead guitar player in addition we would be complete! I'm sure that the keyboarder will rejoin the band after he recovered. He used to play in a Deep Purple Cover band and he was definatley up to the task!

The plan is to get a set of about 1 hour together and then hi-jack some beer bars. We did that before and it was GREAT fun.

So all you closet-rocknrollers....come out and send a PM!

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Play-list suggestions from me:

Early AC/DC (Powerage)

Some Stones - Perhaps some of the less played stuff, Gloria, Cocaine Eyes, etc.

Some Van Morrison, again early stuff.

Cream (if bass player is capable...)

99 red balloons by Nene... :o

Billy Idol may cause "artistic differences" :D

Cheers,

Ace

Play-list suggestions from me:

Early AC/DC (Powerage)

Some Stones - Perhaps some of the less played stuff, Gloria, Cocaine Eyes, etc.

Some Van Morrison, again early stuff.

Cream (if bass player is capable...)

99 red balloons by Nene... :o

Billy Idol may cause "artistic differences" :D

Cheers,

Ace

see your PMs! :D

Had any luck trying to find someone to play with Raro? :o

Or are you content playing with yourself? :D

Maybe you will have to be happy with hijacking a karaoke rather than a beer bar. :D

I made one TV member already drunk enough to sign up..... :D

• 2 months later...

Got to bump this one after the last attempt didn't work out again.

Got a good drummer on hand and possibly a half-way recovered keyboarder (not a synthesierist, a keyboarder!).

Missing is a bass player and another guitarist.