Vios Spec Difference

NormanW

Hello

Does anyone know the difference between the J and the E model Vios?

All i can spot is that the indicators are in the wing mirrors(the same athe G model), wheel trims instead of 5 star aloys,and a choice of interior colours and fabrics.

Anything else?

I am unable to read Thai in the brochure.

Thanks in advance

Would love to see some pictures if anyone has any of these models.

Regards

Edited by NormanW

We just bought an E model....

In addition to what you have mentioned, the E has a "body side molding" strip on the doors to prevent door dings in parking lots, and the E also has remote locking / unlocking. We paid extra for the airbags- but I don't think they are available at all on the J model.

Do a google search for the Toyota Singapore website. They sell the same car (since it is assembled here) and the site is in English.

We just bought an E model....

In addition to what you have mentioned, the E has a "body side molding" strip on the doors to prevent door dings in parking lots, and the E also has remote locking / unlocking. We paid extra for the airbags- but I don't think they are available at all on the J model.

Do a google search for the Toyota Singapore website. They sell the same car (since it is assembled here) and the site is in English.

Lovely thanks for that.

How much did you pay for it?

Did you get anymore options free and/or discount?

Regards

Paid 639 K. Discount? I dunno.... have to ask Ms. Bino. She did all the talking! I'm believing that is the list price for an airbag equipped E model, but she got a ton of other stuff out of them.

Extras... she got them to install the front fog lights from the "G" model, a year of insurance, floor mats, window "vent trim" over the arches, good quality window tint film, a (crappy) Thai music CD for the CD player, and a complete photocopy of the english version of the owners guide and warranty book for me.

They even gave us a coffee cup with a digital picture of us picking up the car printed on it when we went for the first service.

Paid 639 K. Discount? I dunno.... have to ask Ms. Bino. She did all the talking! I'm believing that is the list price for an airbag equipped E model, but she got a ton of other stuff out of them.

Extras... she got them to install the front fog lights from the "G" model, a year of insurance, floor mats, window "vent trim" over the arches, good quality window tint film, a (crappy) Thai music CD for the CD player, and a complete photocopy of the english version of the owners guide and warranty book for me.

They even gave us a coffee cup with a digital picture of us picking up the car printed on it when we went for the first service.

Fantastic, looks like I will go for the same model. I will also try and get the S limited package and an alarm and parking sensors.

I can only try.

Now all I have to do is try and decide on a colour. Hmmm. Fancy the black with a light interior. What do you think?

Regards

Black colour seems popular but it evena coating of light dust makes it look dirty. Might get a bit hotter too inside when it's parked. When its clean and waxed it looks great though.

Silver and gold are always popular and easy to sell at the end of the day, and you dont have to wash it everyday to keep it looking presentable. Definately get some dark tint (if its not been tinted yet) to help it keep cooler (at night you vision is a bit lower though and you have to get used to that).

Black colour seems popular but it evena coating of light dust makes it look dirty. Might get a bit hotter too inside when it's parked. When its clean and waxed it looks great though.

Silver and gold are always popular and easy to sell at the end of the day, and you dont have to wash it everyday to keep it looking presentable. Definately get some dark tint (if its not been tinted yet) to help it keep cooler (at night you vision is a bit lower though and you have to get used to that).

OK thanks for that, I must admit I do keep my cars very clean (I will apply a special treatment myself) and I am not too bothered about resale. I will get some tints but don't know yet which colour tint to go for. I will have to have a look around to see which looks appropriate with the body colour.

Thanks

Regards

OK thanks for that, I must admit I do keep my cars very clean (I will apply a special treatment myself) and I am not too bothered about resale. I will get some tints but don't know yet which colour tint to go for. I will have to have a look around to see which looks appropriate with the body colour.

Thanks

Regards

I got black tint on a dark grey car, it looks cool:) Black on black might be too much though. Black on a white car is nice also. I've heard that the metallic style tints might be illegal (actually too dark is illegal but police don;t seem that bothered by it) so check on that. I also got a sunstripe across the front of the windscreen, that helps with the sun too.

Thanks

Regards

I got black tint on a dark grey car, it looks cool:) Black on black might be too much though. Black on a white car is nice also. I've heard that the metallic style tints might be illegal (actually too dark is illegal but police don;t seem that bothered by it) so check on that. I also got a sunstripe across the front of the windscreen, that helps with the sun too.

Arh right good thanks, and a sunstrip, good idea I will do that.

Cheers

I'm in the market for a new car and narrowed down my choice to the Vios E 4 speed auto, visited a Roi Et branch and asked their best price for cash sale. I was quoted 614K for the standard model inclusive of 3 years warranty, all taxes paid and 1 year free insurance (20% of any repairs as excess). I noticed that 614K was exactly the price advertised on cars' windows displayed in the showroom. I asked again for their best price as I was paying cash and not using their finance company, I was told that they do not discount as Thais never pay cash for their vehicles, totally unheard of. I did my best not to laugh or look down on them for such idiotic comment, and politely bid farewell. I will now take my business elsewhere.

Whoever heard about insurance where you pay 20% of any claim as an execss ! they are pulling the wool over your eyes mate.

What I think they are referring to is that if your car is valued at 600k and someone nicks it, then you're only going to get 600k x 80% = 480k. Quite a shock isn't it ? For an extra couple of grand you can get coverage up to 90 or 95%.

Also, you want a shed load of other freebies worth about 20k (thats what I got on the D-Max anyway, plus insurance). As for finance, what is your legal and work position here ? Perhaps pay 50% and get some cash off. The new model Vios has been out for a good few months now (9 perhaps) so they should be able to shave some cash off at a sensible garage.

I have spent the last 2 weeks driving 3500km around northern Thailand in a Vios 1.5 S 'Limited'.

I wasn't impressed by the interior and the engine, whilst very nice at cruising speed (130km/l) I found it pretty gutless. Obvioulsy, it's used mainly for 'pottering around' but even then, I found the auto gearbox to be quite jumpy and just not very good.

However, the thing that I would advise anyone to consider before buying is the 'beeping'... it beeps when in reverse and beeps when you've pulled off without your seatbelt on. Of course, some people might appreciate these reminders, but not me - it really started to get on my nerves.

I do not know why anyone would get one over a Honda City V-tec. Is it a price thing? I am not sure. But as for interior, engine and looks, I would go with the Honda.

Cheers

James

I disagree that honda city is better, I drove the "top model" and wasnt impressed at all the engine is very(!) noisy when I just tried to accelerate from 60-->90 km/h..

Also,what do you think about the finance option of vios E model with "toyota leasing" (tlt.co.th)

down: 60K baht.

Payment: 9000*48months.

Baloon payment at the end of the period : 288K baht.

Who take this option anyway?

I am just negotiating a deal for a Black Vios E model, here is the deal so far FREE:

1. Hi Kool tints

2. Mats

3. Chrome fog lamps

4. Corner sensors

5. Luggage tray

6. Body polish

7. Extra under seal

8. Discount on parts 15%

9. Remote locking with alarm and immobiliser

10. Registration plate surrounds

And the usual 3 year/100km warranty

The price = 620 000 as i provide my own insurance (no insurnace as i am just paying it all at once). If you take finance you get insurnace worth about 18000 baht class 1 but as mentioned before you must pay more to get more cover if the worst happens.

I too am looking around and have plumped for the Vios (put the booking deposit down last Saturday).

Chose the Vios over the Honda 'cos my mechanic tells me the Honda uses more petrol than the Toyotas and the spare parts are cheaper.

Price has just come down on the Vios too and the showroom advised me to book for the new model of Vios coming out in February which will be cheaper still (but maybe no freebie options).

Hello again,

got down to the nitty gritty today with a toyota dealer on sukhumvit but i still dont know the difference between the Vios 1.5E/A and the 1.5 ES/A

one is 584 000 and the other is 609 000 baht

got a price of 588 000 in the end with a few extras.

What do you think, should i put down 5000 baht deposit?

What has been your experience on the deals you have had with the new Vios?

Cheers

I'm in the market for a new car and narrowed down my choice to the Vios E 4 speed auto, visited a Roi Et branch and asked their best price for cash sale. I was quoted 614K for the standard model inclusive of 3 years warranty, all taxes paid and 1 year free insurance (20% of any repairs as excess). I noticed that 614K was exactly the price advertised on cars' windows displayed in the showroom. I asked again for their best price as I was paying cash and not using their finance company, I was told that they do not discount as Thais never pay cash for their vehicles, totally unheard of. I did my best not to laugh or look down on them for such idiotic comment, and politely bid farewell. I will now take my business elsewhere.

A long time ago and in a place far away, I used to sell cars and motorcycles. We would chuckle at people who wanted a discount because it would be a "cash deal". The dealers get a percentage of each finance contract they process. Therefore it is less profitable to sell for cash. I am sure it is no different here.

What do you think, should i put down 5000 baht deposit?

Only you can answer that Norm.... If you can afford it and you are happy to pay that amount, go for it.

I did my best not to laugh or look down on them for such idiotic comment, and politely bid farewell. I will now take my business elsewhere.

A long time ago and in a place far away, I used to sell cars and motorcycles. We would chuckle at people who wanted a discount because it would be a "cash deal". The dealers get a percentage of each finance contract they process. Therefore it is less profitable to sell for cash. I am sure it is no different here.

Absolutely right Silverhawk... the dealer doesn't "hold the paper"... a finance company or bank does, and they defiitely do pay commissions to the dealers who bring them business. As such, there is more in it for them if they sell the finance package.

Hello

Finally ordered a new Vios E model from a dealer in Rayong because i was so tired of the way i was treated at a dealer on Sukumvit. i got a miles better deal for less money and was treated really well. looking back i cant believe i went to a local dealer here in pattaya. so my advice to anyone wanting to buy a toyota go out from pattaya and you see the real thailand as we know it from before.

i got 12 accessories in with the deal together with the new toyota pricing on the vios which was 584 000. cant grumble at that. it will take about 4 weeks to arrive.

I will even take it for a service there.

This is a great country.

Regards