Weather

jitagon

Due up in CM middle of next week and spouse complaining it will be freezing cold. Anything below 25c freezing cold to a Thai, so just how cold is it? We talking thermal underwear here? Should I bring motheaten sweaters from the homeland? :o

Due up in CM middle of next week and spouse complaining it will be freezing cold. Anything below 25c freezing cold to a Thai, so just how cold is it? We talking thermal underwear here? Should I bring motheaten sweaters from the homeland? :o

It's almost unbearable:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48327.html

I rode my bicycle up to Phuping palace at dusk and it was cold! I was shivering like I was in San Francisco. I hope it lasts because it gets hot as hades during march and april.

It's cold as a witch's t!t, I tell ya. Jai Dee was nice enough to have once pinned these weather info sites and they'll tell ya it's frikkin' cold out there, mate! Last night was 12C, that's just under 54F to a yank like meself. Nao mak loei!

Here's the site I like. As you can see, the li'l Thai mascot dude is dressed in parka and hat, gone all Eskimo on us, as have I. At night I use 2 blankets, wear sweat pants, a shirt, and a ski hat to keep me semi-bald noggin warm. I'm just like that li'l Eskimo guy.

weather CM: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2

Edited by realthaideal

:D If you check the Thai weather forecast it call for Tues-Wed-Thur to be 30/15-COLD.

On weatherunderground it calls for it to be 35-18-which by anyone's thermostat would be

HOT- it actually is quite comfortable in shorts/tshirts except for the Thais, but if it gets to 35 we all might be

HOT as the Thais will still be in their parkas as it is Winter- :o

It's cold as a witch's t!t, I tell ya.

I've seen it much colder here.

I'm still wearing shorts and a light vest at night. I can remember having to wear long pants and a jacket in the daytime many years ago! :o

UG - I'm thinking that you don't get up early enough!

T-shirt, jumper and jacket for me this morning until about 09:30 when it started to warm up a little.

JxP

wow , chiangmai is COLD , i just got back home and i am already like dancing on my feet cos is cold .

wahahhaa i think i need a willy warmer

I understand there are certain establishments in Chiang Mai where that service is available although obviously I wouldn't know where....

I open for business at 8 AM everyday, however, downtown might be warmer than where you are. :o

I stand (and shiver) corrected, maybe I've just thinned my blood down too much with various abuses.

However, ordering breakfast at the Mad Dog half an hour after you had opened up this morning I was joined by a venerable member of ThaiVisa who appeared to share my pathetic levels of chill resistance as demonstrated by the fleece he was wearing

JxP :D

I open for business at 8 AM everyday, however, downtown might be warmer than where you are. :D

I stand (and shiver) corrected, maybe I've just thinned my blood down too much with various abuses.

However, ordering breakfast at the Mad Dog half an hour after you had opened up this morning I was joined by a venerable member of ThaiVisa who appeared to share my pathetic levels of chill resistance as demonstrated by the fleece he was wearing

JxP :D

yes it is cold in the mornings and perhaps downtown is a little warmer than where i live. but i am only asian and it is cold in the mornings for me and obviously for JxP. not so much for someone from san francisco though. :o

i do reckon that a shop full of books (a lot of books) can retain some of the heat absorbed through the day and keep the shop warm through the mornings. :D

Okay, the woolies are in the wash. Had been a bit on the chilly side all the way down here in Phuket a couple of nights ago. Blood definitely thins. Remember going back to Blighty last time and turned blue! Friends were ready to medivac me to local hospital. But a bottle of malt did the trick. So will pack one (or two) of those too :o

I stayed in Hanoi for 6 months one time, and in the Winter I spent a lot of my free time in bed with a pile of blankets, trying to keep warm. I'll take yen sabai in Chiang Mai anytime! :o

Ha! Well that's good news, just had a mail from a friend of mine in Hanoi who tells me it's freezing - and this is from a Brit! So thought CM, okay, being a bit further south (on the map anyway), might be a bit same same. Thanks for that Ulysses G, you've cheered me up no end :D

High pressure system over upper Thailand weakens

The Meteorological Department reported at 4 AM today (January 8th) that a high pressure system over upper Thailand is weakening, but cool to cold temperatures and morning fog are still expected over the areas, especially in the North. All forms of transportation in foggy areas should beware of poor visibility. Meanwhile, thundershowers are expected over the South from Surat Thani province southwards.

Bangkok metropolis and vicinity can expect cool weather together with morning fog. The daily temperature would range from 21 to 33 degrees Celsius. The speed of northeasterly winds would be around 10 to 30 kilometers per hour.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 08 January 2008