Chalong Circle

N47HAN

No, it's not near the beach, so the beach spruikers probably won't know it. It's in the village itself, about three kilometres away. If you are driving away from the beach, turn right at the end of the lake and then turn left at the end of this road (a T intersection). From recollection, if you then turn right at the end of that road (left to Kata, right to Rawai/Chalong), it's not far along on your left. (I may have possibly missed one turn here - it may be that at the last T, you turn left and then turn right at the one following.) But at any rate you are now in the village and any farang you see will be able to tell you from there, although it would only take a few minutes to drive around and find it yourself. But once again, it is not the same experience as the one that used to be at Chalong; it is pretty much a two bob setup. But as I said, the bar and restaurant are quite nice. Suss it out and book a table for the next BBQ while you are there. Now, do I have to mention Vegemite? Ah, just checked - wrong thread...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, it's not near the beach, so the beach spruikers probably won't know it. It's in the village itself, about three kilometres away. If you are driving away from the beach, turn right at the end of the lake and then turn left at the end of this road (a T intersection). From recollection, if you then turn right at the end of that road (left to Kata, right to Rawai/Chalong), it's not far along on your left. (I may have possibly missed one turn here - it may be that at the last T, you turn left and then turn right at the one following.) But at any rate you are now in the village and any farang you see will be able to tell you from there, although it would only take a few minutes to drive around and find it yourself. But once again, it is not the same experience as the one that used to be at Chalong; it is pretty much a two bob setup. But as I said, the bar and restaurant are quite nice. Suss it out and book a table for the next BBQ while you are there. Now, do I have to mention Vegemite? Ah, just checked - wrong thread...

Ping, I know the village.

Good idea, BBQ and beer.

Do they have those Thai BBQ thingies where ya do ya own cooking, like steamboat, but much betta.

Neat being able to dry cook meats and fish etc.

I go to a BBQ place in Bangers alla time.

Be great to buy one and bring home.

Never seen one in NZ, or OZ for that matter.

Vegemite in the stck be nice, instead of just water...... hahahaha

Ping, I know the village.

Good idea, BBQ and beer.

Do they have those Thai BBQ thingies where ya do ya own cooking, like steamboat, but much betta.

Neat being able to dry cook meats and fish etc.

I go to a BBQ place in Bangers alla time.

Be great to buy one and bring home.

Never seen one in NZ, or OZ for that matter.

Vegemite in the stock be nice, instead of just water...... hahahaha

Vegemite

The place in Naiharn does a normal barby - they cook on a BBQ out the back. The Thai BBQ is the same principal as the Korean BBQ, the difference being that the Korean BBQ cookware contains its own flame. You should be able to buy one or the other in an Asian cookware place in NZ. But all you really need is a couple of frying pans - one for the BBQing and the other shallow-filled with water. Improvise!

Hi Ping, I like the Thia BBQ, great for party of up to 4 peeps.

Cupla fry pans, wotta hassle.

I am defintely gunna get one next trip, a brass one, not aluminum.

post-46648-1203856874_thumb.jpgpost-46648-1203861597_thumb.jpg

This was at my LilThai gals b/day, last August

Vegemite in outer stock ring, woulda enhanced the flavours.

Edited by Zpete

Yes but the blighters are heavy. How are you going to get it back to NZ?

I would love to see the look on the faces of the staff at one of the Thai BBQ places if you pulled out a jar of Vegemite and started mixing it in with the water! Priceless! Tam Arai's would be flying around all over the place!

Ya dun it now, Ping.

A challenge for my next trip.........LOL

Save using salt.

Vegemite contains 10 times as much sodium as butter....... which I neva eat, knowingly.

Yeah, some are brass, some steel, reckon brass be bestest.

Come on mods ..... what has this got to do with the original topic ???

TOPIC, errrrrrrrrrr ummmmmmmmm wotsit?... :o

You guys seems to have crossed topics. Think Ping made the mistake. Please please can you get the food stuff back to the vegamite conversation, and leave the Chalong Circle for those interested in reading about the circle happening, thanks. Phew...

He he we could go on, when they are finish i will let you know if i was wrong.

I will be back later in year, aug.

Working in Thai time, mite still not finished.

:o ......... :D ............. :D ..........

HI

Get rid of that fountain with no water :o:D

Noooo, tis heritage.

Gives Chalong great ambience.

PMPL......... :D

I said at the start of this thread, that the fountain should be put into working order and maybe moved to Kata

Hope it's not just thrown away.

HI

Get rid of that fountain with no water :o:D

Noooo, tis heritage.

Gives Chalong great ambience.

PMPL......... :D

I said at the start of this thread, that the fountain should be put into working order and maybe moved to Kata

Hope it's not just thrown away.

Yeah, and I suggested to put it where police box is, lotsa room.

Stuff Kata, Chalong needs some kulcharal objects.

• 2 weeks later...
We will take the fountain up in Patong. Plenty of good spots for it, and no good to Chalong any more.

Oi, Ping.

Noway, it is the only redeeming feature of Chalong.

Chalong's only kulchural edifice.

I see they have now torn down a few buildings between the police station and the circle towards the Choafa West road.

I always thought those buildings were going to get torn down to make a wider circle. It will be interesting to see what they do with that space.

I see they have now torn down a few buildings between the police station and the circle towards the Choafa West road.

I always thought those buildings were going to get torn down to make a wider circle. It will be interesting to see what they do with that space.

I hope not, my nephews dive shop is there, 1st going to pier...... sheeeeeesh.