Ryuka 125 Motorcycles

ozzydom

Today at Phang Khon I spied a chopper in a new bike shop. It turned out to be a Ryuka 125cc , old styling but quite good finish, it was fitted with mags and front suspension was Showa .

The manager told T/W that they are Chinese and come in on boat fully assembled to Mukdahan where the distributor is located.

It had an exceptionally comfortable seating position for a 6 foot 85 kg farang , I only ticked it over on the stand but it ticked over nicely,5 speed box, discs F&R, at 40k full price I thought I would check here first and go give it a test shortly.

I have seen the Platinum,s and always thought if thats Chinese quality they can keep them, but this is far and away superior in quality and finish.

They did not have a brochure as a new model is in the wings ,which he showed me a promo of, its more up to date.

I am only looking at a hack for around the farm and village and it looks like it might fit the bill.

ozzy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

They're sold in some BigC supermarkets... I wouldn't expect much, would you? :whistling:

Why? Your beloved Tigers Retros have been sold at BigC too, if i remember right. Very interesting, how you and thaicbr create your opinions on chinese made bikes. Don't forget your standard phrase "You get what you pay for" ;)

40.000 is a good price for a RYUKA125-30. Looks nice too. Maybe a little bit week of power, but for driving in town without mountains it should be OK.

Zongshen is one of the larger Chinese motorcycle manufacturers, and they offer good quality motorcycles. They also make most of the engine parts for Harley Davidson and they manufacture engines and engine parts for Tiger Motorcycle. They also have a close relation with two-wheel giant Piaggio.

Also it's not true that all Zongshen Ryuka motorcycles are manufactured in China, as Zongshen has a manufacturing location in Thailand. For more information see http://zongshenthailand.com

They're sold in some BigC supermarkets... I wouldn't expect much, would you? :whistling:

Why? Your beloved Tigers Retros have been sold at BigC too, if i remember right. Very interesting, how you and thaicbr create your opinions on chinese made bikes. Don't forget your standard phrase "You get what you pay for" ;)

40.000 is a good price for a RYUKA125-30. Looks nice too. Maybe a little bit week of power, but for driving in town without mountains it should be OK.

Aye, and as I've said before, I never expected much out of the Tiger, but loved it all the same, so not sure your point?

Have you ridden or do you own the Ryuka bike?

Don't believe I've ever seen one on the road and have never seen an owner post a review on this forum so pretty hard to judge the quality, service or value... :rolleyes:

Wantan. can not read as usual. I said the ZONGSHEN Pursuit 125 was a great bike. So how am i bashing Chinese bikes.

IF YOU have actually SEEN the two bikes mentioned you would agree. The Zongshen pursuit 125 is very well made BUT the Ryuka 125-30 is a piece of shit.

There are many good bikes that are coming out of China BUT there are many more horrible bikes. These are a good example of that.

ps. The Tiger Retro is also head and shoulders better than the Ryuka retro..............You mentioned it :D

Edited by thaicbr

Not hi jacking the thread but I bought a Chinese import last week next day had problems returned to shop they replaced it , next day different problems took 2 days off phone calls and contacting customer protection office to get my money back

For me lesson learned no more Chinese bikes for me

• Like 1

Aye, and as I've said before, I never expected much out of the Tiger, but loved it all the same, so not sure your point?

Don't believe I've ever seen one on the road and have never seen an owner post a review on this forum so pretty hard to judge the quality, service or value... :rolleyes:

I have never seen a Ryuka on the road too, i guess. But i have also never seen any Retro on the road. But i saw both at BigC. 40000 Baht is really not much. Only 8000 Baht more than a Retro. I guess for this money you get much (more) fun with a Ryuka 125-30.

Wantan. can not read as usual. I said the ZONGSHEN Pursuit 125 was a great bike. So how am i bashing Chinese bikes.

IF YOU have actually SEEN the two bikes mentioned you would agree. The Zongshen pursuit 125 is very well made BUT the Ryuka 125-30 is a piece of shit.

There are many good bikes that are coming out of China BUT there are many more horrible bikes. These are a good example of that.

ps. The Tiger Retro is also head and shoulders better than the Ryuka retro..............You mentioned it :D

No reason to SCREEM AT ME :)

I know you like Zongshen, since Tiger is claiming to use Zongchen engines. You have used the name Zongchen very often. But here some people want to know more about the Ryuka (Zongchen) 125-30. And your only brilliant comment is " Ryuka 125-30 is a piece of shit". Very helpful and hardly believable (as usual). We are talking about a bike that is only 40000 Baht!

Not hi jacking the thread but I bought a Chinese import last week next day had problems returned to shop they replaced it , next day different problems took 2 days off phone calls and contacting customer protection office to get my money back

For me lesson learned no more Chinese bikes for me

What brand and model was it? Good that you got your money back. Do you like to tell us more about it? I would be interested. Maybe in a new thread if you like?

Sure, if you want to be safe you should buy a japanese or western brand and pay a lot more. But some of the chinese bikes seem to have reached a very quality. E.g. i would not hasitate to buy a Lifan Cross 200 ( LF200GY-5A ) or a Lifan Custom V250 ( LF250-B ). I only heard good things about them. Good quality of parts and assembling (both is important).

Maybe the Ryuka 125 is crap compared to a Lifan Custom V250. But the Lifan is double the price. And Yamaha or Harley... :D

Edited by wantan

I have never seen a Ryuka on the road too, i guess. But i have also never seen any Retro on the road. But i saw both at BigC. 40000 Baht is really not much. Only 8000 Baht more than a Retro. I guess for this money you get much (more) fun with a Ryuka 125-30.

No reason to SCREEM AT ME :)

I know you like Zongshen, since Tiger is claiming to use Zongchen engines. You have used the name Zongchen very often. But here some people want to know more about the Ryuka (Zongchen) 125-30. And your only brilliant comment is " Ryuka 125-30 is a piece of shit". Very helpful and hardly believable (as usual). We are talking about a bike that is only 40000 Baht!

Wantan. I did not know Tiger were using Zongshen engines until YOU mentioned it in another thread.

In my comment i was merely mentioning that for a 15,000b difference in price you get a MUCH better bike. As you would KNOW if you had looked at the bikes (as you claim) So i can only conclude that you KNOW NOTHING about bikes (or quality).

And yes i HAVE seen one on the road and spoken to the owner. (a nice women, who's husband had a Honda Phantom. she kept up with the bike ride out fairly easily at 90kmh or so)

All opinions on forums are a personal one. If you do not agree that's up to you. But slagging some one off for giving information is a bit daft.

Wantan. I did not know Tiger were using Zongshen engines until YOU mentioned it in another thread.

In my comment i was merely mentioning that for a 15,000b difference in price you get a MUCH better bike. As you would KNOW if you had looked at the bikes (as you claim) So i can only conclude that you KNOW NOTHING about bikes (or quality).

And yes i HAVE seen one on the road and spoken to the owner. (a nice women, who's husband had a Honda Phantom. she kept up with the bike ride out fairly easily at 90kmh or so)

All opinions on forums are a personal one. If you do not agree that's up to you. But slagging some one off for giving information is a bit daft.

Sorry, but you have not given any information about the question of the OP, exept that "the bike is crap". Everyone can buy a bike with a higher price and better quality. Such unqualified statements from you are not helpful. If you want to compare quality on cheap bikes, than you should use the same rules for all bikes and companies.

Comparison only on quality:

If you just look at the quality, than all cheap bikes are crap, regardless of the brand name. The quality of all cheap bikes could always be improved if you spend a little bit more money. This is the reason why cheap bikes are cheap.

Comparing the quality and taking other important things into account:

All cheap bikes are crap. So let us look at the other values a company has to offer.

1. price
  2. quality
  3. service
  4. reliability of providing spare parts
  5. safety of the bikes
  6. continuousness of bike model they offer
  7. ...

If i take all this together (sure there is more to think about) i come to the conclusion, that there is a growing number of chinese (and other SE-Asia) manufacturers, that are getting better and better every day. Lifan, SYM, Zongchen and others, just to give some names of companies that sell in Thailand. E.g. they use quality standards, have a professional warehousing and things like that. But of course their bikes are a bit more expensive.

Than there are some other companies/brands that are trying to offer "cheaper than cheap bikes". Tiger, Platinum, JRD, Ryuka (some models), just to name a few. All the cheap bikes of these companies lack of quality. But some of them also lack in safety, some lack in service, some lack in other things or in combinations of all. In the sum they are all the same. This is my honest opinion on cheap bikes: there is more to compare than price, quality and service.

@thaicbr:

P.S.

I do not believe that Tiger uses Zongchen engines for other bikes than the X-Road (which i would not consider a "cheap" bike with 99.000 Baht). So for sure i have never made such a statement.

Sorry, but you have not given any information about the question of the OP, exept that "the bike is crap". Everyone can buy a bike with a higher price and better quality. Such unqualified statements from you are not helpful. If you want to compare quality on cheap bikes, than you should use the same rules for all bikes and companies.

Comparison only on quality:

If you just look at the quality, than all cheap bikes are crap, regardless of the brand name. The quality of all cheap bikes could always be improved if you spend a little bit more money. This is the reason why cheap bikes are cheap.

Comparing the quality and taking other important things into account:

All cheap bikes are crap. So let us look at the other values a company has to offer.

1. price
  2. quality
  3. service
  4. reliability of providing spare parts
  5. safety of the bikes
  6. continuousness of bike model they offer
  7. ...

If i take all this together (sure there is more to think about) i come to the conclusion, that there is a growing number of chinese (and other SE-Asia) manufacturers, that are getting better and better every day. Lifan, SYM, Zongchen and others, just to give some names of companies that sell in Thailand. E.g. they use quality standards, have a professional warehousing and things like that. But of course their bikes are a bit more expensive.

Than there are some other companies/brands that are trying to offer "cheaper than cheap bikes". Tiger, Platinum, JRD, Ryuka (some models), just to name a few. All the cheap bikes of these companies lack of quality. But some of them also lack in safety, some lack in service, some lack in other things or in combinations of all. In the sum they are all the same. This is my honest opinion on cheap bikes: there is more to compare than price, quality and service.

@thaicbr:

P.S.

I do not believe that Tiger uses Zongchen engines for other bikes than the X-Road (which i would not consider a "cheap" bike with 99.000 Baht). So for sure i have never made such a statement.

Well. this is where your wrong BECAUSE Ryuka ARE Zongshen in Thailand.

Any way you keep bleating on about me not giving a good description of the bike. Why don't YOU give it a try.

I think any bike below 55,000b to be cheap. And there are many out there that are worth the money. If you look at the Zonshen Pursuit and the Ryuka you can CLEARLY see where the extra money was spent.

The Zonshen Pursuit 125 is a VERY good quality machine for a very good value 55,000b

(maybe change the tyres from the Chinese brand)

To the OP just look at each bike and decide yourself. You know your budget and know what you want. Good luck and happy riding.

For buying a cruiser style motorcycle I would suggest that a 250cc engine is the bare minimum for a motorcycle like that. A 125cc cruiser becomes quickly boring, even if you not a speed devil, load some luggage take the girlfriend on the pillion seat and riding around the countryside is nothing you will do for pleasure with a 125cc...

Well. this is where your wrong BECAUSE Ryuka ARE Zongshen in Thailand.

Any way you keep bleating on about me not giving a good description of the bike. Why don't YOU give it a try.

I think any bike below 55,000b to be cheap. And there are many out there that are worth the money. If you look at the Zonshen Pursuit and the Ryuka you can CLEARLY see where the extra money was spent.

The Zonshen Pursuit 125 is a VERY good quality machine for a very good value 55,000b

(maybe change the tyres from the Chinese brand)

To the OP just look at each bike and decide yourself. You know your budget and know what you want. Good luck and happy riding.

thaicbr, looking at Post number 3 everyone can see, that it was you, who started to seperate between Ryuka and Zongchen. And in your last post you continue with it. I guess you want to tell us, that the Ryuka/Zongchen Cruiser is build in Thailand and the Ryuka/Zongchen Pursuit is build in China??? Or do you just want to confuse people ;)

Everyone can decide on his/her own, what cheap bike is worth to buy it. Some like a cheap copy of a Honda Cub, some like a cheap Chopper style bike. The point is, that cheap bikes all lack of quality, because they are cheap.

If i remember right, the Ryuka/Zongchen Cruiser i saw at BigC had a quality you would expect from a cheap bike. You get what you pay for. It has a cheap and out-dated chinese engine, compareable to the Tiger Boxer (of course 125cc not 250cc). It has cheap, thin and (as all very cheap bikes) a bit loosely bowden cables. The whole finish of the bike is cheap, of course. Maybe the Ryuka/Zongchen Pursuit has a better quality. But it is also more than a third as expensive than a Ryuka/Zongchen Cruiser.

Edited by wantan

• 1 month later...

Well I was in town today looking at a new truck. And I stoped in at the shop next door. They had a used Ryuka/Zongshen 125cc for sale for 26,000. It was cheap enough so I bought it. It only had 400 kilo on it. Like mentioned before it is only 125cc it kinda runs out of steam after 80 kph. But other than that so far so good. Will keep you updated.

there is also a RYUKA enduro/dirt bike 250cc ,its not even on their website but there was one parked beside tops supermarket last week in bkk

ive never seen them for sale anywhere or even on the factory website they dont have it (the 250cc version) but its a great looking bike

looks way better than a d-tracker but the quality might be a bit ropey

there is also a RYUKA enduro/dirt bike 250cc ,its not even on their website but there was one parked beside tops supermarket last week in bkk

ive never seen them for sale anywhere or even on the factory website they dont have it (the 250cc version) but its a great looking bike

was it plated... any idea of prices?????

was it plated... any idea of prices?????

not sure aboiut plates or not but it looks cool ,somebody parks in around espionad on ratchada rd but i cant find any information on it online

(but ryuka doesnt advertise anything bigger than a 150cc on their site ,but this thing was d-tracker sized if not bigger ......

huge knobbly tyres on it ,in white colour (similar to the 150cc but on steroids ) :)

I live in Det Udom and we have a Zongshen dealer here. The 250cc is a Lifan dirt bike. But very nice I think they wanted 74,000.

By far these are not high quality bikes a lot of parts are plastic. They are no comparison to let's say Honda which happens to be my favorite bike. But for the price they are a good buy.

I live in Det Udom and we have a Zongshen dealer here. The 250cc is a Lifan dirt bike. But very nice I think they wanted 74,000.

By far these are not high quality bikes a lot of parts are plastic. They are no comparison to let's say Honda which happens to be my favorite bike. But for the price they are a good buy.

well,its says ryuka on the side of it in big letters

i remember well because it was the first time id seen one

My bad I have not seen that one. But the Zongshen shop here they have a 250cc Lifan dirt bike.

My bad I have not seen that one. But the Zongshen shop here they have a 250cc Lifan dirt bike.

its a lovely looking bike ,il get a picure of it if its parked there again (or il cross examine the owner to se how much they cost ,where is the shop and is it somehow road legal :) ?)

looks like the gpx 250cc but better

I am getting confused :)

Are you sure it isn't the Lifan Cross 200 (LF200GY-5A)? Is it able to get registration or is it just for playing in the dirt?

I am getting confused :)

Are you sure it isn't the Lifan Cross 200 (LF200GY-5A)? Is it able to get registration or is it just for playing in the dirt?

the one i saw said RYUKA on the side 100% ,was very tall, , agressive off -road type looks + big wide knobbly tyres

like this but im pretty sure it was a 250cc :

851a13ea-824a-4c1a-91d8-2e0999242c6b.jpg