Lawyer Service For 1 Year Stay In Thailand.

That is a Non Immigrant O Visa Multi Entry.

This Visa would give someone a stay of up to 15 months in Thailand. It would mean leaving Thailand at least every 90 days and coming straight back again.

Your friend does not qualify for this, however he may find a friendly consulate somewhere that may give him one.

Read this. Look at non Immigrant Visa

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-type.htm

Edited by Lite Beer

Feedback please? It sounds too good to be true. What kkind of visa is this?

http://www.siam-legal.com/US-Citizens/thai...ear-visa-us.php

Not too good to be true. I successfully got me and my wife visas via Siam Legal. Visa type: Multiple Entry Non-B

The alternative would be to check out Walen or Pro Language school. That way you get 1 year in the LOS and learn Thai at the same time.

Cheers

GunnyD

I don't what it is about Siam Legal that is so bothersome. When I sought out an avenue to get 1 year entry into Thailand after they immigration law was changed, I googled and was lead to ThaiVisa.com. I saw the banner ad, as I am sure that lovebug did and clicked. When I first looked over the site, yes it looked too good to be true. So I had my trusted colleague in Bangkok check out the reputation of the company, ans he said that they were on the up and up. I still wasn't fully convinced until we received our passports from the consulate with 1 year multi entry visas attached.

I thought since I could find no threads on TV about any ones experience with Siam Legal except for a comment about them charging too much for their legal services, I would share my experience with them.

If I would have known it would get so much negative feedback from the sages who patrol this message board I would have not bothered and left anyone else with the question that I had with no answer. I am just trying to do a solid by them.

This will be the last time I mention Siam Legal on this message board. I guess that they are not wanted as sponsors.

Peace

GunnyD

Edited by gunnyd

Not too good to be true. I successfully got me and my wife visas via Siam Legal. Visa type: Multiple Entry Non-B

The alternative would be to check out Walen or Pro Language school. That way you get 1 year in the LOS and learn Thai at the same time.

Cheers

GunnyD

Thanks, everybody. I don't mind getting a lawyer if they are good and helpful. :o

That's a nice idea about school. It's good to learn the language of the country one is visiting, anyway. Have you tried it? How much does it cost and do I have to apply for a student type of visa before entering i.e. do I have to enroll before entering Thailand or can we do it when we get there?

Cheers

GunnyD

Thanks, everybody. I don't mind getting a lawyer if they are good and helpful. :o

That's a nice idea about school. It's good to learn the language of the country one is visiting, anyway. Have you tried it? How much does it cost and do I have to apply for a student type of visa before entering i.e. do I have to enroll before entering Thailand or can we do it when we get there?

The language schools will cost you around 38,000 Baht a year icluding the cost of Visas.

Look at these sites.

http://www.prolanguage.co.th/thai/index.html

http://www.thaiwalen.com/index.html

They will give you all the info you need.

Again they are not everyones cup of tea but they will meet your needs.

Edited by Lite Beer

Thank you. I don't find filling out forms hard. That's how I got my passport and police clearance. I only asked about this because I wanted to know how they could get someone a multiple-entry visa and all that. I wrote them anyway and they replied. I'm asking for clarification too. Like the advice here, I have found no 1 year visa that we qualify for. That's why I asked.

I dont see what all the fuss is about Siam-Legal. I obtained a 1 year Non-Imm. B from them last year for the fee of 214 GBP plus 114 GBP consular fee. The paperwork was set over to the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, UK, and I got my 1 year visa without any problems just like they said.

This year was a slightly different note, as I was contacted by Siam-Legal with regards to applying for the same visa 2nd year running and they offered me discount because I am a previous customer. The discount was conditional, that I would deposit my remittance into a Thai bank account but I indicated to them that even thou they gave me the discount, transferring the funds would incur a transfer fee and would total the same price as the previous year. So they asked me how much i was prepared to pay. I gave them my figures and right there and then there was a short conversation with there colleagues and finally they agreed my price :o

I had no problems with my visa runs last year and they assure me that this year will be the same. I was a little skeptical using this company when in the long run they have saved me time and money

--

Greg

I also know a guy who uses a 60 day tourish visa , He leaves Thailand evey 60 days , come right back.He has a bar in BKK, He will never tell me how he gets by with the 90 day rule in 180 days. but hes been doing it for a few years. Not that i think its right ,But I wonder if anyone knows how he getting by the 90 day rule?

Why do some people find filling out a one page form such a difficult task ?

Naka.

No idea.With only the infos available on Thaivisa,I made my first Non O 6 years ago(in my country)and the subsequent extensions of stay.

If anything,it was easier as told,(sorry Lop,don't flame)and English isn't my first language! :o

I dont see what all the fuss is about Siam-Legal. I obtained a 1 year Non-Imm. B from them last year for the fee of 214 GBP plus 114 GBP consular fee. The paperwork was set over to the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, UK, and I got my 1 year visa without any problems just like they said.

This year was a slightly different note, as I was contacted by Siam-Legal with regards to applying for the same visa 2nd year running and they offered me discount because I am a previous customer. The discount was conditional, that I would deposit my remittance into a Thai bank account but I indicated to them that even thou they gave me the discount, transferring the funds would incur a transfer fee and would total the same price as the previous year. So they asked me how much i was prepared to pay. I gave them my figures and right there and then there was a short conversation with there colleagues and finally they agreed my price :o

I had no problems with my visa runs last year and they assure me that this year will be the same. I was a little skeptical using this company when in the long run they have saved me time and money

--

Greg

One more time.

If you were in Thailand when you did this it is 100% illegal.

If you are prepared to take the risk, that is your choice.

--

Greg

One more time. READ

If you were in Thailand when you did this it is 100% illegal.

If you are prepared to take the risk, that is your choice.

Bugger Wallen, some of you need English lessons!

The paperwork was set over to the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, UK

+

would deposit my remittance into a Thai bank account but I indicated to them that even thou they gave me the discount, transferring the funds would incur a transfer fee

THEREFORE - He was in the UK. His paperwork was sent to the UK.

Edited by aqua4

"I also know a guy who uses a 60 day tourish visa , He leaves Thailand evey 60 days , come right back.He has a bar in BKK, He will never tell me how he gets by with the 90 day rule in 180 days. but hes been doing it for a few years. Not that i think its right ,But I wonder if anyone knows how he getting by the 90 day rule?"

You answered your own question. Tourist visas don't count towards the 90 days rule.

"I also know a guy who uses a 60 day tourish visa , He leaves Thailand evey 60 days , come right back.He has a bar in BKK, He will never tell me how he gets by with the 90 day rule in 180 days. but hes been doing it for a few years. Not that i think its right ,But I wonder if anyone knows how he getting by the 90 day rule?"

You answered your own question. Tourist visas don't count towards the 90 days rule.

I would like to know how he managed to obtain back to back Tourist Visa, thus bypassing the 90-day rule. My understanding with the RTE in Singapore is that upon expiry of your Tourist Visa, there is a 60-day window period where you've to stay OUTSIDE Thailand before they give you another Tourist Visa.

…bypassing the 90-day rule.

What you call the “90-day rule” applies only to visa-exempt stay in Thailand. The days spent in Thailand after entering with a tourist visa or any other visa are not counted as part of the 90-day limit within 6 months.

--

Maestro

Well then , he has no problem.

Apart from paying someone 200 pounds to fill a form in. :o

What are you his mother? You want to dispense advice and you can't even read!

:D

If I was I would have filled his form in for free. Saving him 200 Pounds. :D

You are missing the point again. I could not give a toss about 200 pounds, however one does not go around accusing others of breaking the law.

Well then , he has no problem.

Apart from paying someone 200 pounds to fill a form in. :o

What are you his mother? You want to dispense advice and you can't even read!

:D

If I was I would have filled his form in for free. Saving him 200 Pounds. :D

You are missing the point again. I could not give a toss about 200 pounds, however one does not go around accusing others of breaking the law.

:D :D