Proliferation Of Closed-circuit In Pattaya

cali4995

I was in the Mcdonald's having breakfast at the avenue and I noticed they have

2-3 cameras on the ceiling there. Went down the street to the internet cafe, more

cameras. Move over to the royal garden, more cameras. everywhere except the

places they might do some good, walking street, beach road and of course most

hotels are still not set-up for this. I fully understand people have privacy concerns

but it probably really would be a deterrent to some of the tourist crime we so

often see here. Is the footage all recorded on a CD? I'm not even sure how all the

technology works but I think they're going to be everywhere in our near future?

Is this just related to petty crime or is it about possible terrorism concerns? :o

Oh, and I forgot, a few months back they said cameras would be installed outside

every 7-11 in the city? I don't know if they completed that? We're being watched,

for better or worse. Maybe it will discourage some of the out of control crime here?

Edited by cali4995

It's now a legal requirement for all bars to have CCTV, so I guess restaurants and shopping malls are included.

I have heard varying estimates from disgruntled bar owners that they have to keep the footage from anything from 2 - 7 days. On what medium is up to them, but most places seem to have opted for the cheapest option which is a webcam storing to their hard drive, which of course will give the poorest resolution and no chance of catching the perpetrators of any crimes.

The UK apparently is the most prolific at this, Thailand are trying to follow suit without having to pay for it.

I have heard varying estimates from disgruntled bar owners that they have to keep the footage from anything from 2 - 7 days. On what medium is up to them, but most places seem to have opted for the cheapest option which is a webcam storing to their hard drive, which of course will give the poorest resolution and no chance of catching the perpetrators of any crimes.

What would be a better medium with higher resolution that is not too expensive? :o

What would be a better medium with higher resolution that is not too expensive? :o

i have a 4 camera low light security system with a DVR and 400GB hard drive which stores medium resolution pictures for around 40 days. higher resolution for about 27 days. the camera view is divided into 4 sections on the monitor, each cameras view is recorded individually and when playback is actioned it can be zoomed into one single cameras view of an event. it cost me about 30,000 baht. you can get all the bits you might need at Tukcom.

i have a 4 camera low light security system with a DVR and 400GB hard drive which stores medium resolution pictures for around 40 days. higher resolution for about 27 days. the camera view is divided into 4 sections on the monitor, each cameras view is recorded individually and when playback is actioned it can be zoomed into one single cameras view of an event. it cost me about 30,000 baht. you can get all the bits you might need at Tukcom.

i have same same only with 3 cameras, dont ever need to touch it, unless you wanna re play somthing!

i also have a screen up, not in ya face but viewable so customers can see the cameras are real and rolling, and i must say in the approx year we have had it its been very good.

customers saying they wernt given any change the previous night (when they were smashed)

people saying the left phones on bar etc,

the staff all know about it, so going home early has been cut down etc

and now more topically and good for us will be the

"excuse me sir this part of bar is no smoking that part outside is fine"

"dont worry police not come here tonight"

"well we have told ya and you are filmed on tv, not asking you to quit smoking just sit in the smoking area"

might work, might not, might show police girls did there bit, might even save us 20,000 bhat fine doubt it, but might make it come to 10,000, doubt that as well, either way its here to stay ya might as well make the most and best of it!

chris

I meant the cheap nasty webcams that they bought for a few hundred baht just to appease the authorities. I've seen these in many bars with images so poor you would have trouble recognising yourself.

I meant the cheap nasty webcams that they bought for a few hundred baht just to appease the authorities. I've seen these in many bars with images so poor you would have trouble recognising yourself.

Good thing too! Especially the ones in the bars in Yodsak :o