Mitsu Triton 3.2 Gls A/t Vs Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.0 A/t

matter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

hello,

I tried the triton 3.2 A/T.. I didn't like the engine noise in the cabin. was really not what I was expecting comparing the well known rallye car. the design seduced me both the dash and the seats but when I sat, I felt not much comfortable.

Finally bought the Ranger open cab 3.0 tdci XLT M/T... super ride, very smooth and plenty of torque. Stick to the road comparing to the soap Vigo.

Design inside not super for sure... but it looks strong if you look only the exterior. regarding the stereo... customize it because only european cars will give you Bose sound system or JBL as an option.

Really love that Ford.

I think you made the smart choice, especially if you chose the top model. Make sure you can get all the options you can, i especially recommend the Carryboy electric bed lid, it makes the truck look much smarter (I rarely (read never) use the bed of the truck anyway), and I'm sure helps in aerodynamic efficiency.

And you'll love the sliding rear window, especially if you have dark tint and are backing up... it comes in handy much more than you'd think it would :o

What color did you choose, I saw a white one with 20" wheels about a week ago while driving and it looked nice without being overly chavvy as the brits would say.

I saw Mythbusters do a comprehensive test on fuel economy of a pickup about 12 months ago, was there any thing you could to improve it. So they tried - tailgate in place locked shut to get a baseline reading on both highway and urban road conditions using calibrated equipment, then they tried to improve it by various ways - tailgate down - tailgate removed - bed lid with tailgate shut - and finally they produced a packet containing a net of about 10cm squares that stated fitting this in place of the tailgate it would improve economy they laughed (and so did i),so it was off with the tailgate net fitted test concluded and low and behold it was the most efficient. I think taigate locked shut was 2nd,lid may have been last fitting it used fuel the same as a roofrack does so if you have both of these on your truck maybe time for a rethink.

• 2 years later...

A bit too late with this post I see, as you already bought the Ford open cab. I would be leery of that design as the rear opening doors were quite popular in North America until people all started to have problems with them. The lack of a B Pillar makes the cab weak to twisting motions like driving over uneven ground, think of having one front tire up on a curb kinda thing. Next thing you know the doors stop closing tightly and you get lotsa wind noise, rain leaks, etc.

My friend in Canada had a dodge ram with the over the top 7L cummings diesel and when he would hit it you could see the truck twist slightly. Unnerving to say the least. He had constant issues trying to get the doors to close right and had regular intermittent rain leaks.

I hope they have that fixed for your Ford or at least that you have no problems with it, but I don't think I would buy one.