Korean Air Out Of Cnx To Seoul Then Seattle

T_Dog

Headed back to the USA next month via Korean Air. Going from CNX direct to Seoul, then on to Seattle. Anyone tried this yet? How is it?

Also, are there showers at the Seoul airport? I've been through there but don't remember seeing any. Have a ten hour layover outbound but only three hours returning.

Headed back to the USA next month via Korean Air. Going from CNX direct to Seoul, then on to Seattle. Anyone tried this yet? How is it?

Also, are there showers at the Seoul airport? I've been through there but don't remember seeing any. Have a ten hour layover outbound but only three hours returning.

I have never done this flight but in answer to your 2nd question, the weather there is presently quite cool with some showers expected later in the week. You can have a look here to keep yourself updated on the local conditions. :o

hello

how much was the ticket and where did you get it.

thanks

wj

I have never done this flight but in answer to your 2nd question, the weather there is presently quite cool with some showers expected later in the week. You can have a look here to keep yourself updated on the local conditions. :o

Inchon has at least one hotel "air side" and from memory a room costs around $40.00. There are also many member lounges (as is to be expected at an airport which is ony a few years old)

Could still be getting a few 'snow showers' as well BB

Inchon has at least one hotel "air side" and from memory a room costs around $40.00. There are also many member lounges (as is to be expected at an airport which is ony a few years old)

Could still be getting a few 'snow showers' as well BB

I don't care about the frequent flyer lounges since I don't have any memberships. I am looking for a public shower within the gate areas. Osaka has them, and they are the best 5 dollar value on the planet when travellng. Thanks for your post though.... Will keep the off airport rooms in mind for the future.

As at most airports the hotels are expensive, very. ($40??? I never saw it.)

When I used to live in Korea I'd sometimes spend a few hours / a night at the airport due to connections, flight times, etc. The hotels were prohibitively expensive, so I always ended up staying in the Korean / Japanese style 'room'. It has a few little pools (hot and cold), good showers, toilets, many comfortable chairs and a big room that you can sleep in (on a mat on the floor with everyone else) for around ten US dollars. It's in the basement, next to a hairdressers and a medical centre, close to the eatery (towards the arrivals end of the airport). I found it convienient and good value.

Men and women are seperated.

Yes there are "public showers" but whether they are "within the gate areas" is not clear to me. Google it and there is a lot of information, Seoul Airport Showers.

Outstanding! I did another google search and found this: http://www.karlgrobl.com/EquipmentReviews/...oreaAirport.htm

And PB, I'll try to get the pilot to low pass through your shrubs!

• 1 month later...

Post Update: Flew through Seoul two weeks ago, and the showers were closed due to construction of improvements. The showers are in the upstairs transit lounges when they are available. Since I had 11 hours on the ground, I rented a room right inside the transit lounge for 52 USD. Small room, but it had a good bed and a good shower. Very quiet which surprised me. I have had no jet lag this trip which I attribute to sleeping in Seoul. The route from CM to Seoul and then to Seattle is pretty good if you don't mind the wait in Seoul. On the way back, it is only 3 hours so should be a fast trip back home to Thailand.

On our last trip to Thailand (March 2008), we flew from SEA to BKK through Incheon, all on KAL. As airlines go, they are relatively inexpensive (it was the cheapest ticket we could find) and they provide much better service that CAL.

I would definitely fly KAL again.