Car Dealers Importing Cars To Order...

Boater

I have just been browsing unity auto groups website and came across a rather nice looking Maserati

Now if you click onto the link and take a close look at the picture, it is actually taken at a dealer garage in England, even show the price tag of 79,950 Pounds..... - Link - http://www.unityautogroup.com/car.asp?id=167

Now there are two questions to this

1) they are stating this is a brand new car with delevery mileage, yet it is in a second hand car lot in England.. are they importing second hand cars and clocking them to be brand new? ( not at all unheard of! ) :o

2) What king of import tax and transporataton must they being paying? what would the price of the car be in the showroom in Thailand?

Any answers?

tx

I have just been browsing unity auto groups website and came across a rather nice looking Maserati

Now if you click onto the link and take a close look at the picture, it is actually taken at a dealer garage in England, even show the price tag of 79,950 Pounds..... - Link - http://www.unityautogroup.com/car.asp?id=167

1) they are stating this is a brand new car with delevery mileage, yet it is in a second hand car lot in England.. are they importing second hand cars and clocking them to be brand new? ( not at all unheard of! ) :D

2) What king of import tax and transporataton must they being paying? what would the price of the car be in the showroom in Thailand?

Any answers?

tx

That's a Maserati Quattroporto :o

Yes, it could very well be a brand new car even if it is in a second hand car dealers'; friends of mine do the same and import those cars from........................Dubai and other UAE countries.

It seems that they can sell these cars way below normal importers' prices.

About importing to Thailand...sorry I'm not experienced in that kind of field.

Laopo

1) they are stating this is a brand new car with delevery mileage, yet it is in a second hand car lot in England.. are they importing second hand cars and clocking them to be brand new? ( not at all unheard of! ) :D

Any answers?

tx

That's a Maserati Quattroporto :o

Yes, it could very well be a brand new car even if it is in a second hand car dealers'; friends of mine do the same and import those cars from........................Dubai and other UAE countries.

It seems that they can sell these cars way below normal importers' prices.

About importing to Thailand...sorry I'm not experienced in that kind of field.

Laopo

Thank you for your reply Laopo

That makes sence apart from the following

all cars from the UAE and Dubai are left hand drive.... ( i was in dubai the other week and cried at how cheap the cars where )

Thus this must be a Euro model being displayed....

Also why would a garage import from the UAE to Uk then to Thailand?

My friend is related to the owner of this company. They sell new as well as used cars, generally extremely fast and expensive ones. The problem is that the cars that are kept there are also often used by the owner of the company before they are sold to a customer, usually at a very low mileage though. The customer will end up paying 2-3 times the amount they would outside of the country, the general rule of thumb is that when a dealer brings a car here, the government wants duties that cost a bit more than the foreign price of the car, so bringing a 4MB car here you have to pay 4+MB to customs.

The new cars they sell are generally cheaper but the more aged sportscars they sell are much more expensive than other places, and some have been ab/used by my friend.

The Maserati would be upwards of 180K Pounds there.