Motosai Hang

Flummoxed

Motosai Hang, a popular Isaan tune that everyone in Thailand seems to know.

Can anyone tell me the artist, however... and any online resource where I might be able to download it (tried the P2P's already).

Also, what does 'Motosai Hang' actually mean. I asked my girl and her answer was - 'Motosai not so good'. :o any advances on that?

Motosai Hang, a popular Isaan tune that everyone in Thailand seems to know.

Can anyone tell me the artist, however... and any online resource where I might be able to download it (tried the P2P's already).

Also, what does 'Motosai Hang' actually mean. I asked my girl and her answer was - 'Motosai not so good'.  any advances on that?

This means in Lao/Isarn language a very old or broken motorbike.

The singer is a guy called Lok Saleng or something like that.

Neeranam :

I think you have been hanging around with the locals too much :D

you seem to have inherited the ล L and ร R problem :D

ลอค เสลง shouldn't that be รอค เสลง Rock Saleng ?????

Flummoxed :

If you get the video to go with the song it has an interesting story

about the attitudes of (some) Thai women. :o

I decry negative attitudes towards motor bikes in general. Lest we forget the immortal lyrics of 'The Motorcycle Song'...'I don't want a pickle...just want to ride on my motorsai - cul...'.

Motorsai Hang is another disgraceful attempt to pirate and barbarize America's rich musical heritage...

Motorsai Hang is another disgraceful attempt to pirate and barbarize America's rich musical heritage...

I hope that was an attempt at sarcasm, people dont realy think North America has a "rich musical heritage", do they? :o

Neeranam :

I think you have been hanging around with the locals too much

you seem to have inherited the ล L and ร R problem

ลอค เสลง shouldn't that be รอค เสลง Rock Saleng ?????

I have been spending a lot of time with Isarn folks. Ha ha, I used to take the piss out of them for that mistake. I just assumed it was lok.

I hope that was an attempt at sarcasm, people dont realy think North America has a "rich musical heritage", do they? :o

Possibly you might call jazz the first form of american immigrant music, immigrants from africa. The indians must have played music as well.

The rest found its origine in europe.

I also think that the word 'heritage' is not in place. The States is a very young country, a little bit more than twohundred years. We have to delegate the question to future generations.