List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Can't quite place that. I guess turn left at lights away from Siphan Hin. Towards lake ?  Looks like worth a visit.

Yes, if you're leaving Immigration, turn right, then left at the traffic lights.   It's about 100 metres on your right, just after the lake.   There's quite a large car park at the side.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, pagallim said:

We are fortunate in that there are several good eateries fairly close to our house.   One of them is "Ceres", a Korean restaurant on Chaofa West, about 500 metres or so north of the TOT offices.   We usually have lunch there once a week or so, and are always impressed by the freshness and quality of the food.   Usually I go for the spicy pork, though today they had a beef soup on as a special.   This doesn't happen very often as the beef is imported from Korea.   M'Sahib had a noodle soup and a seared tuna salad.   Doesn't matter what you order, every meal comes with a range of between 6 to 8 accompanying side dishes (gratis) such as kimchi and other fermented vegetables etc.   Today's lunch was 850 baht, which was inclusive of a litre jug of draught Leo for me, and a fresh passion fruit drink for M'Sahib.   Some photos.

Pagallim. I went there with my wife on Saturday. Very good food. Nice service and the ambiance is interesting. The only negative was that the little side dishes arrived after the first main course came. 4 other tables occupied at the time.

The Korean bbq chicken was very good. Will go back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i gotta say.. green chicken is a godsend when you want quick western AND thai food that wont break the bank.. 69 baht mini pizza.. 59-69b decently big burgers. Normal priced thai food.  I was really impressed with the taste for that price.  It's not a 5 star restaurants for sure but its definitely very tasty for any price bracket.

Consider myself very very whiny when it comes to food so for me this is a major thumbs up. 

Edited by bearpolar
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kopitiam said:

Does any one knows what is happening with Flints-One Bakery at Chalong (near to Wine Connection)?  It seems to be closed for more than a month.  All shuttered up with no notice posted.

Strange, the one in Rawai is open. And the bakery is at the one in Chalong, so it must be doing something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, Kopitiam said:

Does any one knows what is happening with Flints-One Bakery at Chalong (near to Wine Connection)?  It seems to be closed for more than a month.  All shuttered up with no notice posted.

Flints-One Bakery at Chalong is open again.  Had a lovely breakfast this morning.  Their staff informed that they were closed for a month due to the slow business during the recent low season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs updating as things change so quickly in Phuket.

So what are your current favourites in all price ranges.

In Patong, Backside Bistro in Nanai Rd is one of our long time favourites and it still has great value and excellent food.

200gm steak with pepper sauce and potato gratin is my favourite for B299. 

large ham & Cheese Omelette B99 with coffee, orange & toast.

Stopped at Chez Nous on the road just before Nai Harn yesterday. Great coffee and delicious fresh roll with camembert cheese. Looks like an excellent menu and will go back for a meal this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

This thread needs updating as things change so quickly in Phuket.

So what are your current favourites in all price ranges.

In Patong, Backside Bistro in Nanai Rd is one of our long time favourites and it still has great value and excellent food.

200gm steak with pepper sauce and potato gratin is my favourite for B299. 

large ham & Cheese Omelette B99 with coffee, orange & toast.

Stopped at Chez Nous on the road just before Nai Harn yesterday. Great coffee and delicious fresh roll with camembert cheese. Looks like an excellent menu and will go back for a meal this week.

Hi P2,

Have you been back to La Drinkeria since your last foray, now that it has opened again?

I did pop into Churrasco (Jungceylon restaurant alley) the other evening and rather than order their rather exorbitant steak (with the + + added) I opted for an Angus burger which came with a few large French fries and a little bit of salad and it was very tasty indeed, and filling, and it is a fair sized meal.

The only shame about that place is that the wine they have by the glass is actually Montclair!!

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, xylophone said:

Hi P2,

Have you been back to La Drinkeria since your last foray, now that it has opened again?

I did pop into Churrasco (Jungceylon restaurant alley) the other evening and rather than order their rather exorbitant steak (with the + + added) I opted for an Angus burger which came with a few large French fries and a little bit of salad and it was very tasty indeed, and filling, and it is a fair sized meal.

The only shame about that place is that the wine they have by the glass is actually Montclair!!

Drinkeria is open now but they have a DJ on THurs & Fri nights. Food was good but we are not fans of loud noise so at the moment it is out for us. Good specials if you drink.

Had a very nice "Chateau Briand" at Backside last night for B495.

Ate at Churrasco a long time ago and probably should go back. 

Was at Smile 2 last week and really good food as always and May's down the same area is so consistently good, both at excellent prices.

Any places in Kamala reccomended?

I've got a favourite in Cherngtalay that we really like.

Not Kamala but Kalim. Duck spicy one of my favorite isaan restaurants.

Had 2 days ago really good wagyu beef balls with mashed potatoes at Deli in new Central in Town. There price is more reasonable then in Central Patong and also food quality fresher and better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

Drinkeria is open now but they have a DJ on THurs & Fri nights. Food was good but we are not fans of loud noise so at the moment it is out for us. Good specials if you drink.

Had a very nice "Chateau Briand" at Backside last night for B495.

Ate at Churrasco a long time ago and probably should go back. 

Was at Smile 2 last week and really good food as always and May's down the same area is so consistently good, both at excellent prices.

Any places in Kamala reccomended?

I've got a favourite in Cherngtalay that we really like.

Sorry P2 I haven't eaten in Kamala for many years, and even then it was in a little Greek restaurant which was very poor to say the least!

Original duck spicy is in Kamala, its their son that runs the one in kalim
The bakery in Kamala

on the main road down from the Ozzie bar there is a good chicken, pork & rice place

Mamasita Mexican in chern talay.  very good

Friday night market has some good thai stall selling very tasty treats and dishes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stuarty said:

care to share?

OK Stuarty but don't tell anyone especially the Chinese.

It's O-Oh on the road that runs between the Cherngtalay Police Station and the Heroines monument

Head from the Police Station to Heroines and there is a big school, then the big arch and on the left is Lady Pies and on the right is O- Oh.  Been to a couple of other branches but this is streets ahead in food and the premises.

58 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

The bakery in Kamala

on the main road down from the Ozzie bar there is a good chicken, pork & rice place

Mamasita Mexican in chern talay.  very good

Friday night market has some good thai stall selling very tasty treats and dishes.

58 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Duck spicy sounds good

Do you mean Ooh -La-La as the bakery?

We need to come up and explore for a couple of nights and try these. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Yup you correct. I clearly prefer the son and his duck spicy. Nice guy.

Btw the russians found now there food heaven at the new food bar in Big C extra. I'm afraid the restaurant owners in Jungcylon are happy.....

• Thanks 1

Happy Jacks in Nai Harn facing the old Cheers bar is pretty good run by a Belgian guy Peter who is a Chef do a really good burger couple of different Russian dishes on the menu some decent beers and a good selection of wines I think on a Friday night ladies night buy one Red wine get one free 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:02 AM, beechbum said:

Don't mind the We Café in Rawai, prefer the food there to the other 1.

Fish and Chips in there ok for 140 Baht I think they have got the price of a glass of wine wrong 250 Baht

2 hours ago, schlog said:

Yup you correct. I clearly prefer the son and his duck spicy. Nice guy.

Btw the russians found now there food heaven at the new food bar in Big C extra. I'm afraid the restaurant owners in Jungcylon are happy.....

I saw that food bar on my last visit – – and are you saying that the restaurant owners in Jungceylon are NOT happy?

If that's what you meant to say, then I can quite understand it because the restaurants in Jungceylon alley are struggling for custom, as are other restaurants around the place, however I suppose they thought that if Central Patong and Central Phuket can do it, why can't they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I saw that food bar on my last visit – – and are you saying that the restaurant owners in Jungceylon are NOT happy?

If that's what you meant to say, then I can quite understand it because the restaurants in Jungceylon alley are struggling for custom, as are other restaurants around the place, however I suppose they thought that if Central Patong and Central Phuket can do it, why can't they?

Yup. Sure they not happy. Little bit sarcastic today lol.

You correct. Clever by Big C to copy and adapt it.

• Like 1