List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Could someone provide a more detailed description on how to get to Chef Nan Tan restaurant?

I went down the last two Sois before the circle on the east side with no luck.

I presume the relevant Soi is south of the traffic lights to the Big Buddha?

Ok, yes, south of the traffic lights you mention, small soi on the left hand side and go to the bottom of the soi (maybe 200 metres).   Directly opposite on Chaofa West is a wood place and the soi that goes to Vipa House (large sign).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Could someone provide a more detailed description on how to get to Chef Nan Tan restaurant?

I went down the last two Sois before the circle on the east side with no luck.

I presume the relevant Soi is south of the traffic lights to the Big Buddha?

It's on Google maps but need zoom in before it shows up.

It's north of circle. See Buddha lights in distance and it's small soil on right. Tiny little sign on main road. 

Just past Beer Right Back Craft Beer bar on main road left.

18 hours ago, pagallim said:

Ok, yes, south of the traffic lights you mention, small soi on the left hand side and go to the bottom of the soi (maybe 200 metres).   Directly opposite on Chaofa West is a wood place and the soi that goes to Vipa House (large sign).

Okay, found it on a reconnaissance trip. Nice lady. We share a love of old Honda 70's.

Seems her main trade is with the food delivery companies.

Will go and have lunch there today.

Just got back. Good food at a good price and it's close to home. What more could one ask for?

My usual restaurants for Western food down the pier road is going to wonder where I've gone.

@pagallim - Should we run into each other again, I owe you the drink of your choice.

• Like 2

Any Sunday brunch buffet recommendations for tomorrow 25th if you would. Was hoping to catch the Banyan Tree but not on this week so next best option? Buffet style including decent seafood preferred. Don't mind spending 2,000/baht/head for quality.

thanks folks.

PS First time back in Phuket since 83 hence second food request in a week. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, LivinginKata said:

Well, we had lunch in Chef Nan today. Best pork burger I have eaten for a long time. Strange ambiance with kitchen in car port and tables in garden and house lounge. We will return. 

Update. Been back 2 more times. Mmmm ..... quality  of pork burger to me was not as good previous time. Last time I could not tell the meat in the pattie. Sorry to say I won't be back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been a while since an update. Many places closed down. We stumbled across the Window on Karon (south end beach) a couple of weeks ago. Part of the Island View Resort (closed). Bistro style, very fair prices, hotel trained staff, efficient. The Capri next door is closed, a more full Italian restaurant, shared kitchen. Long chat with the Italian food manager yesterday.  Meals about 100 plus or minus.

20210108_132748[1].jpg

20210120_125329[1].jpg

20210117_125249[1].jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Last Sunday to the Three Monkeys very impressive layout and it's a huge place worth a visit once in a while for something different,

https://www.phuket101.net/three-monkeys-restaurant/

Must go very bad. Seems like they can´t afford high legs on the tables and chair for their customers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 10:06 AM, LivinginKata said:

Any recommedation for a salad bar buffet in the Kata/Karon/Chalong areas ?  Years ago I used to go to the Karon Cafe which had an excellent salad bar .... but parking became a nightmare and I stopped going .... anywhere else .... with nearby car parking .... thanks. 

Hi A  remember many, many years ago. Rented a Honda 125 cc ,, we stayed in Old Phuket Hotel, asked a good place for buffet.We went to Karon Cafe and it was good. Remember ???

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, LivinginKata said:

Well, we had lunch in Chef Nan today. Best pork burger I have eaten for a long time. Strange ambiance with kitchen in car port and tables in garden and house lounge. We will return. 

We try to return,, lets then test this place,, you drive , I can have a Chang and Singha,,,, ok ?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Believe no need to done at expensive restaurants ...........

Since switching to a plant based diet & exercise routine to lose weight, my very good / very cheap recommended regular diners are:-

Angus O’Tools ( Karon) - British Food ( 80 baht small “ make your own” english breakfast)

Sizzler (Central) : Salad / Soup Buffet ( unlimited / 140 baht weekdays)

Veranda (Kata) : Borsht, Caeser Salad, Margaritas, Friday BBQ ( Fish & Meat) 200 baht !! 

Living Room (Karon) : English Breakfast & Cottage Pie ( 220 baht)

Green Man (Rawai): Sunday Pork Roast w/Tomato Soup 295 baht / Draught Guinness (pint 235 baht)

Burger King (Shell ) : Milk Shakes ( 60 baht small) & Sundaes ( 25 baht) !! Fried Fish (70 b)

KataMama (7Kata)  Beachside / Thai Food Thai Omelette 80 baht

My House: Top Tuna Salad & Local Grilled Fish by my Lovely Lady !!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pagallim said:

You need to say which area you are in, or would be prepared to travel to.

I'm going 2 weeks to Patong, for "sandbox" program, so that is my main place of interest. But I will not only stay there, and I will be travelling all around the island, specially to Karon, Kata, Ra Wai and Phuket Town.

3 hours ago, Espanol said:

I'm going 2 weeks to Patong, for "sandbox" program, so that is my main place of interest. But I will not only stay there, and I will be travelling all around the island, specially to Karon, Kata, Ra Wai and Phuket Town.

Plenty places still open (maybe 50%) along Nanai Road in Patong.

Karon and Kata not so many. We like Karon Hillside and Karon Window.

Rawai has plenty, almost all open.  But Check out Chalong especially the pier road,

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Karon and Kata not so many. We like Karon Hillside and Karon Window.

Thanks for your information. I will have a look.

But I can not find neither Karon Hillside nor Karon Window in Google Maps. 

7 hours ago, Espanol said:

I live in Rawai and I would say most places are open, you have steak restaurants French and Belgian places, pizza and burger joints then obviously many Thai places I would suggest you go on Facebook and join some of the local groups people ask these questions all the time I think you would get better response,

I would also recommed Phuket Town it is busy at the weekend especially around what we call Walking street (Talang road) 

If you like Thai food I always recommend "Raya" it's in an old sino Portuguese house thats on Dibuk Road 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Espanol said:

Search Phuket Island View for their Bistro Window on Karon 

Search Karon on the hill.

Sorry I was not precise, just the way I call them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1