Good News Manu Fans

bkkjames

especially the Celtic bar

Me too mate. :D Didnt even know ther was one. Not that i ever went there very often. Only when playing football in Pattaya. :D

Its off Soi Buakaow, and its covered in Celtic green, ive actually nothing against Celtic and dont get involved in the Irish problems just being English id be wary to go in there. There is a Newcastle bar in this vicinity and that seems to have a strange atmosphere when the footies on.

Where as the Premier League bar also off Soi Buakaow has all clubs badges and flags is always packed and has a great atmosphere.

Gullivers takes some beating for football when all the games are on on a Saturday afternoon (UK time)

....... sounds like a typical visit to Sid James Park to me, like. :o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves bar on Sukhumwit called the Pickled Liver. Or is it a Sunderland, Falkirk, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal bar because I have seen fans of those clubs in there too?!

Hmmmmmm ... where's the Hartlepool Supporters Club bar in Bangkok???

The " Bangkok Hilton" by any chance ?

I know this may come as a bit of a shock. But i will never set foot in the dump. I'll save my Satang for when the Man City one opens :D

I assumer that will be on that piece of Land in Rachadapisek. :o

The idea of a bar for Man Utd fans is rather nauseating, and I don't say that because I'm a Leeds fan. It's all so 'twee' - the idea that you brand a bar after a club in the hope their fans will choose it over other bars. What gets me is who the target audience is. Real football fans would be too embarrassed to be part of it (and, let's face it, Man Utd fans are hardly known for their passion, with even the manager wondering how a stadium of 70000 fans can be so quiet), and non-Man Utd fans wouldn't go near it for obvious reasons.

Thai fans probably wouldnt be able to afford a bar charging 4 star hotel bar prices, so I guess that means it's a rather cynical attempt to get dollars from the new generation of Asian red who walk around wearing the shirt as a fashion statement, knowing nothing of the club's history, heritage or even geographic location.

I'm wondering where it will be based. I'm assuming it will be at the new Citadines being built.

How horrible for you reds . . .

The idea of a bar for Man Utd fans is rather nauseating, and I don't say that because I'm a Leeds fan. It's all so 'twee' - the idea that you brand a bar after a club in the hope their fans will choose it over other bars. What gets me is who the target audience is. Real football fans would be too embarrassed to be part of it (and, let's face it, Man Utd fans are hardly known for their passion, with even the manager wondering how a stadium of 70000 fans can be so quiet), and non-Man Utd fans wouldn't go near it for obvious reasons.

Thai fans probably wouldnt be able to afford a bar charging 4 star hotel bar prices, so I guess that means it's a rather cynical attempt to get dollars from the new generation of Asian red who walk around wearing the shirt as a fashion statement, knowing nothing of the club's history, heritage or even geographic location.

I'm wondering where it will be based. I'm assuming it will be at the new Citadines being built.

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a sniff at a trophy since when? Leeds, they still have a team there?

Please don't pollute this thread with your 'poor me' attitude. That's from a MAN U fan that's not afraid to speak up and tell you what I think mate.

^^^

Well, as Man Utd fan as well, you wont catch me in such a place. I have nothing but contempt for these corporate spin offs/ rip offs which appeal to the plastic fan.

I think that Bendix has hit the nail on the head in the second paragraph.

There are plenty of other venues to go and watch the games in Bangkok, which will at least have fans from other teams in them, and for me thats all part of the fun.

Roll on the begining of the season.

what Mr toadie said.

otherwise who else will you guys fight? yourselves?? :o

I don't think you'd come out for a beer with me , if I invited you to watch football in a Man Utd bar. :D

but then again

imagine:

Miggy in Arsenal kit, surrounded by ManU hooligans :o

final whistle.

Score:

ManU 1: 3 Arsenal :D

you think I will survive?? :D

at least I will die smiling :D

but then again

imagine:

final whistle.

Score:

You can die dreaming mate, that scoreline is fantasy football :D

but then again

imagine:

final whistle.

Score:

I think she can look after herself :D

but then again

imagine:

final whistle.

Score:

I think she can look after herself :D

I concur Toady :D

i got drunk on bubbly tonight

so am just gonna totally ignore you boys :D

did someone say something :o

ahhh thats right...

GO THE GUNNERS!!!!!!

woooohoooo

(clearly Im not that drunk yet since I still know whos the best team :D )

no no its all cool

you know I like the company :D eventhough most of them have bad taste in football club :o

Miggy, I'm going to have to take you out there when your back in town. :D

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a sniff at a trophy since when? Leeds, they still have a team there?

Please don't pollute this thread with your 'poor me' attitude. That's from a MAN U fan that's not afraid to speak up and tell you what I think mate.

Easy fella.

Bendix maybe a Leeds fan but, as a match going Red for over 20 years, I agree with him.

I'm sick to death of the quiet times in that oh so full every week stadium. I do not buy shirts anymore and have never stepped foot in the megastore, I can't see me stepping foot in this place either. I'd rather watch it in some back street dive with some like minded souls, whatever their shirt colour....!

redrus

Easy fella.

Bendix maybe a Leeds fan but, as a match going Red for over 20 years, I agree with him.

I'm sick to death of the quiet times in that oh so full every week stadium. I do not buy shirts anymore and have never stepped foot in the megastore, I can't see me stepping foot in this place either. I'd rather watch it in some back street dive with some like minded souls, whatever their shirt colour....!

redrus

Don't have a stroke Big Red... just some friendly off-season banter.

Easy fella.

redrus

My answer was meant neither way, just an expression of how I feel and Bendix is right so....................

redrus

Easy fella.

redrus

My answer was meant neither way, just an expression of how I feel and Bendix is right so....................

redrus

Well if you are using Mr B as your role model, enough said I guess.

^^^

Whilst Bendix my not be everyones cup of tea, he is an informed football supporter, who in this instance I agree with. I have also stated a similar opinion as a United fan, which Redrus has also expanded on. Whilst i am not a match going supporter these days (living here), these plastic, false ventures make my skin crawl. I very much doubt that the bulk of the clientel in these sort of places would have much clue about the club prior to David Beckham, and they are equally like to switch allegience if and when United are no longer one of the dominant clubs.

I've been in the one in Singapore a number of times, and it really isn't much to write home about, so although I may go in and have a beer there to see what it's like, I'll stick to watching the games in the bars where there are fans from other clubs.

Tacky and tasteless for me.However if one wants to go then up to you.

BTW is there any slavery at this reds bar because i am all for that.

POOR POOR RONALDO HE IS SUCH A SLAVE,sounds like a good song to me.

Not sure about slaves at the bar, but hoping they dress the girls in tight black and red uniforms.