Podiatrist In Cm?

Beanster1

Wasn't sure to post this in health or here.

I might have a stress fracture of the 2nd metatarsal, though I can't be sure. It could be some tendon inflammation.

The pain is on the top of my foot about 4cm from the base of my 2nd toe.

I do a lot of running and have been resting up since Saturday.

Anyway, would like to get it properly diagnosed.

Does anyone know of a (good) podiatrist in Chiang Mai?

Cheers

:o

Just did a search and someone went to CM Ram which I might do later today. Are there any specialized clinics? Cheers :o

A while back I stepped off a curb, heard a crack, and was convinced I crack the 5th and went to RAM ortho. Original diagnosis, after Xray, was plantar facitiis. Because of continuing pain I went back and ultimately got MRI and ultrasound, all of which confirmed the diagnosis. Slow healing, probably age related, but now back "normal". And, wearing flip flops so much probably slowed down the healing.

I can't run or play tennis because of my knees, but am back to full time on the eliptical trainer and walking all day when I want to; no problems when I wear shoes.

Bottom line: recommend CM Ram ortho

I might have a stress fracture of the 2nd metatarsal, though I can't be sure. It could be some tendon inflammation.

Cheers

:o

It was written (several times in fact) in the "Nite Owl" pages in the Bangkok Post that there is not one podiarist or chiropodist in Thailand.

Might be hard to believe, however I tend to accept Bernies statement.

• 1 month later...

Cheers

:D

It was written (several times in fact) in the "Nite Owl" pages in the Bangkok Post that there is not one podiarist or chiropodist in Thailand.

Might be hard to believe, however I tend to accept Bernies statement.

Beanster ... where did you go in the end? I'm looking for a podiatrist/chiropodist for exactly the same injury and cause. Though from jbg's comment you probably ended up at the hospital.

I asked at a couple of the bigger pharmacies for arch supports - they don't stock them, and suggested I try a sports shop... :o

Edited by wedders

• 1 year later...

A friend recommended Dr. Chanakarn to me, an orthopedic doctor, specializing in sports medicine. He sees people at Ratchawej Hospital on Fridays from 4-5 and at his orthopedic clinic which is near the hospital on all weekday evenings from 5:30-7:30 pm. The clinic is located at 407/2 Charoenprathet Road - the road that runs along the west side of the Mae Ping river. It's a big clinic which stands alone and is surrounded by a lawn. There's a sign in English.

I went to see him at his clinic about a tendinitis problem in my foot caused by running. He seemed knowledgeable, did a quick check and gave decent advice. The downside is that it cost me 900 baht for about 15 minutes in the consulting room. This included a whole bunch of pills that he prescribed without fully consulting with me first. Pretty standard practice in Thailand from my experience. It is probably cheaper to visit him at Rachawej hospital.

• 3 weeks later...
podology /po·dol·o·gy/ (pah-dol´ah-je) = podiatry
according to http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/podology :).

I think you will find definitions and training requirements will vary from country to country.

There's one or the other form of clinic who advertise in Chiang Mai City Life (with photos of nasty fungal growths and other such horrors -- I know no more as I avoid looking closely).

I might prefer staying with a good orthopaedist. However, if you are convinced you're definitely healing, there's a foreign physio in CM who is often recommended. I think his name is Ken (?) and he works from a place called Shewe Wana: http://www.shewewana.com/health_consultation.html .

There is also a German guy in town that advertises a foot therapy clinic. I have no idea what they offer there. He advertises in some of those monthly advert mags like Chang Puak Magazine - or one of those.

Not to mention the blatant advert in post#12 of this thread (above) :) Seems there is one rule for German podologists and another for Bar Owners from Liverpool :D

Dr. Ken Leeper is an US trained Chiropracter which could be help but he doesn't do X rays as far as I can tell. Might want to get diagnosed by a ortho type and then seek therapy from Dr. Ken or other therapist.

The location of the pain does sound potentially like a Morton's Neuroma which is a benign nerve tumor. Is the pain between the metatarsals or the MT itself?

Mortons Neuroma's are quite common in runners as hamstring and calf muscles shorten and cause the foot to flatten which decreases the nerve pathway between the metatarsals. Most common between 2nd and 3rd toes. The nerve is irritated and begins to form a nodule like tumor. Custom orthotic shoe inserts and stretching seem to be most effective. Surgery will definitely work but it leaves numbness between the toes and involves a lengthy rehab time of 4 weeks.

lens1608131_1227297525Neuroma.gif

There is also a German guy in town that advertises a foot therapy clinic. I have no idea what they offer there. He advertises in some of those monthly advert mags like Chang Puak Magazine - or one of those.

The german guy owns the Podology Center cited in the post somewhere above yours.

The Podology Center

Medical Foot Therapy

ph #053 038 084

San Sai, Chiang Mai

WWW.mft-thailand.com

How come the email address is not deleted as by FORUM RULES??

As the above post there is different rules for differnet business

Back To Topic

There is no podiatrist in CNX.

Just orthopedic surgeon best reputation one so far DR. Suthee

You must look at this web site if onlt to get a great laugh at the hair cuts on these dudes. Are they Doctors? This would not be within the law in the USA. The Podology that is-the hair cut would be fine.

The Podology Center

Medical Foot Therapy

ph #053 038 084

San Sai, Chiang Mai

WWW.mft-thailand.com

Back To Topic

You must look at this web site if onlt to get a great laugh at the hair cuts on these dudes. Are they Doctors? This would not be within the law in the USA. The Podology that is-the hair cut would be fine.

If you read their website you will learn that they are indeed not doctors.

The Podology Center

Medical Foot Therapy

ph #053 038 084

San Sai, Chiang Mai

WWW.mft-thailand.com

Back To Topic

If you read their website you will learn that they are indeed not doctors.

I wouldn't be so sure.....I strongly suspect the two guys with the matching surnames are praticing proctologists :)

And if you don't know the difference between a proctologist and podologist I'm sure Zappergeck will be back VERY soon to explain :D

Zappergeck IS the german podologist....100%. Check his history is you are unsure.

That's interesting because he said in his post "I have been at that Podology Center clinic once and this people are amazing."

Doesn't make you feel too confident about considering visiting a "health care provider" that is apparently a liar.

Zappergeck IS the german podologist....100%. Check his history is you are unsure.

On their web site they talk of " consult with other Doctors" meaning doctors other than themselves? Would they like us to think they are Doctors or just do not understand the language?

The guys at the Podology Center are not Podiatrists. They refer to themselves as Podologists. From what I know, a Podiatrist is a medical doctor. A podologist is not.

The OP was asking where there was a Podiatrist in CM

And the

The Podology Center

Medical Foot Therapy

ph #053 038 084

San Sai, Chiang Mai

WWW.mft-thailand.com

Is probably the only podiatrist in the realm (crazy as that might seem) :)

To defend Zappergeck, I have been to his clinic. I was impressed with his service and would recommend them for people who have surface issues on their feet.

From my research, the only medically licensed foot doctors are in Bangkok. For example, Bumrungrad has two orthopedic surgeons who specialize in feet. This probably doesn't fit the OP's requirements but it does seem that there are few Podiatrists around.

How can you defend him when he posts things like this?

"I have been at that Podology Center clinic once and this people are amazing. The knowledge is big, the clinic is clean and brandnew and

even there is a lot of knowledge about other fields in medicine."

There is an obvious lack of honesty and integrity here.