Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Hopefully Lenny might get them together and explain that it is allowed in the rules to the game to begin the game in an alert state of mind,and no law that says you have to sleep for the first 10 minutes. :realangry:

It will be fine Sunday if Samaras is taken out of the equation.

Are you watching it on the tinternet, Salty ol' son?

Did not see it at all CB,almost as bad as dial up here.

Things are beginning to look ominous. I hope you were wearing your Sunday Best while you were watching. :rolleyes:

Yeah - full Leprechaun outfit complete with ginger beard and green wellies. :D

Oh I thought only celticbhoy and salty posted wee love notes to each other on this forum :D

Some sellik fans on the kerrydale forum offering to drive Lennon to Leicster if he is offered the managers job..... I use the term manager loosely.

What happened to 'we are all neil lennon' that cause had all the ob, permanence of an ice cube in Thailand.:D

Edited by Gers1873
  • Like 1

^ Tosser.

Oh dear - Internet hardman !

Who, you or TLB is a tosser ?

Lennon has brought nothing but disgrace on your football club and damaged Scottish Football.

Joke of a manager and total tramp.

No, i think you're both tossers - ( in your own words, you and TLB ).

Pity you live so close to me in Ubon.

Hope i never see you in the Green and Grey in Tesco Lotus or Big-C.

I'll have my Gers top on - if you want to "discuss" matters just tell me !

WATP. :bah:

I d'ont know if there is any point in firing him now, or maybe there is as a new manager would need time to bed in new players etc.

Its a mess but I would probably let him go as its getting embarrassing now.

Hope we won't be saying the same thing about Trap in a few weeks. :whistling:

^ Tosser.

Oh dear - Internet hardman !

Who, you or TLB is a tosser ?

Lennon has brought nothing but disgrace on your football club and damaged Scottish Football.

Joke of a manager and total tramp.

No, i think you're both tossers - ( in your own words, you and TLB ).

Pity you live so close to me in Ubon.

Hope i never see you in the Green and Grey in Tesco Lotus or Big-C.

I'll have my Gers top on - if you want to "discuss" matters just tell me !

WATP. :bah:

i have visions two jocks getting it on in the isle of Tesco's laugh.gif

Question: In hindsight has your continued participation in the Europa League damaged your slender chances of winning the SPL? Would it have been better not to have protested and to have let Sion go through on merit? Or is TLB just the wrong man for the job?

Question: In hindsight has your continued participation in the Europa League damaged your slender chances of winning the SPL? Would it have been better not to have protested and to have let Sion go through on merit? Or is TLB just the wrong man for the job?

Yes Gers, it's clear to most people TLB can't motivate his players. He was brought in as the cheap option and if you pay peanuts....

I've no doubt Liewell would love to sack him after all the trouble he's brought to Celtics door and their poor form of late. Happily, the Republican element of their support who care less about the football than they do about the weekly IRA'oke insist he stays 'cause he's "Sellik minded". They've also made a rod for their own back with this "we're all Neil Lennon" twaddle. If Lennon is sacked and a failure - they're ALL a failure.

My fear is that another poor performance or loss to Motherwell this w/end might be enough to see him go. Of course, it'll be dressed up that poor wee victim Neil was harassed out of Scottish Football. Dont be surprised if a letter or death threat conveniently turns up to be used as the excuse for him to leave.

Make no mistake, this is a very talented Celtic side, still capable of going on to win the title under the correct manager . Properly directed and motivated this group of players will push Rangers all the way. Also, sometime during the season Rangers will have the inevitable loss of form and poor results. My hope is we can build up enough points in the Bank now to cover this.

I don't think the question about the Europa League is valid. After all we have played more games in Europe over the last 3 seasons and still gone on to be crowned Champions.

Keep the faith.

Sawadee Khrap :jap:

Will the reference to Celtic fans as 'DFB' be

removed from the Rangers thread too if you

are on a clean up?

And referring to Lennon as TLB is as low as

you can go.

DFB ---- dead flippin brilliant

TLB --- the Lurgan Bigot

Dont see the problem or is that me just being a tosser?? :bah:

Enough lads. I/we let a lot go in the football forum but not all mods will see or understand some of the banter. So please keep it civil. Btw I'm still around but just not as much. Got a baby on the way in a few weeks and work is flat out! But I still mod now and again. Cheers. JS.

Enough lads. I/we let a lot go in the football forum but not all mods will see or understand some of the banter. So please keep it civil. Btw I'm still around but just not as much. Got a baby on the way in a few weeks and work is flat out! But I still mod now and again. Cheers. JS.

Keep us posted on the birth j'star "father to be!"

I d'ont know if there is any point in firing him now, or maybe there is as a new manager would need time to bed in new players etc.

I think we will beat them home and away, it will not be pretty though. He will play Robbie and battering ram Cox up front. Expect a few goals in the away match to both sides, but they will not be able to handle us in Dublin.

(Rosary beads at the ready, put em under pressure, dee dee dee be jaysus)

Some of us non mods also find it difficult to see or understand banter in a few recent posts. But of course we are thick skinned with no sense of humour. Ho Ho Ho. ;)

Best of luck with the baby. :D

I think we will beat them home and away, it will not be pretty though. He will play Robbie and battering ram Cox up front. Expect a few goals in the away match to both sides, but they will not be able to handle us in Dublin.

(Rosary beads at the ready, put em under pressure, dee dee dee be jaysus)

I would be cautiously optimistic we will get through. It would help if they tried to play a bit of football. :unsure:

Now i know the BBC like to "bum up" Celtic but according to Sportsound it was a "staggering result" from Parkhead. How can 3-1 to either side be "staggering" ?

Not like the BBC to exagerate a Celtic win. Sorry BBC - you can't polish a turd.

Not to be outdone Burley on ESPN actually said this was i quote "a massive result in European football". :lol:

It's admirable that all these organisations are falling over themselves to congratulate Scotlands only European representatives (courtesy of two "staggering" 3-0 wins over Sion)

But maybe a few home truths need mentioning. This was a match of 2 dreadful defences and BBC forgot to mention huge number of fans disguised as green seats and a Celtic

back four which was a total bombscare. Mastorovic (sp) spent all night heading fresh air and but for some poor finishing in front of goal, Rennes reserves would have won at a canter.

BTW you were sold a pup in Wanyama - he's dross.

Celtic 3 Rennes 1.

Celtic finally managed to win in Europe at the 4th time of asking. As so often a dreadful start.Rennes ahead after 100 seconds from a corner with the "defence" as ever fast asleep. When Celtic equalised after 29 minutes it was an equally soft goal. Rennes keeper failed to gather a shot from Forrest. The rebound went straight to Stokes who equalised. Celtic went ahead before half time. A long kick from Forster was nodded on by Samaras . Stokes on to it and finished emphatically in the far corner.

Rennes had more of the play in the 2nd half. Forster made a few good saves and you wondered would Celtic snatch a draw from victory as before. With 10 minutes to go however Hooper, on as a sub put Samaras away on the wing. He centred quickly and Hooper finished to clinch a 3-1 victory. So 2 of the players who incurred the wrath of the Manager on Sunday got the goals tonight. Thankfully we will be spared "we have turned the corner" cliches.

With an away game at Udinese and Atletico Madrid at home we still have a lot to do to get out of the group. :unsure:

Just beat `Well 2-1.

That`s a relief!

Next.

Relief is the order of the day. Conceded a poor goal early on (what's new?) and back into it a few minutes later with a close range volley by Stokes. Motherwell will have been dismayed by their own defending here. Motherwell were getting stuck in (not always legally) but at least today Celtic turned up and were prepared to scrap for it.

Winner with 10 minutes to go. Paddy McCourt not long on as a sub made one of his trademark runs set up Stokes,who beat a defender and crossed from near the end line for Hooper to finish from close range. Are you purring CB.?

We are still miles behind however but at least they looked much more the side of last season. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Inverness CT 0 Celtic 2;

A comfortable win in the end for Celtic thanks to 2 2nd half goal by Stokes. Inverness were down to 10 men from late in the 1st half when Tansey was sent off for a aerial challenge on Samaras. It looked a harsh decision and swung an evenly contested game up to then in Celtic's favour. The introduction of Ki in the 2nd half helped to open up the Caley defence and make space for the Celtic front men who up to then were being well contained.

With Rangers surprisingly only drawing at home with St Johnstone and failing to score for the first time this season in the SPL, the gap is slightly less intimidating. Celtic play Dunfermline on Wednesday in the game in hand and have a chance to reduce the gap to 7 points. They have to maintain the more assured performances however to keep alive the hopes of reeling in Rangers.

Celtic 2 Dunfermline 1

Celtic won the game in hand to move to 7 points behind Rangers. A couple of early goals from Hooper and Forrest had the Bhoys in command. Celtic missed a good few chances including a missed penalty, and Dunfermline insured a nervy last few minutes when they scored in the 86th minute. The gap not as intimidating as a week ago but we need to keep on winning to keep the pressure on.

Celtic signed the Swedish full back Mikael Lustig 24 y/o Swedish International full back with 23 caps. He played last week against England.

Celtic 5 St Mirren 0

As CB predicted the gap is now 4 points although it would be a big surprise if Rangers do not go 7 points clear again tomorrow. Unlike Wednesday night Celtic availed of a lightning start to go on to win well. Samaras open the scoring and Hooper added a 2nd. All this with just 8 minutes gone. Hooper completed a hat trick with 2 more and McGeouch scored a spectacular 5th. Goes without saying this improved form is maintained. :unsure: