Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

One more from the Record:

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has issued a hands-off warning over winger James Forrest after he was linked with Cardiff City.

Reports have suggested Cardiff are lining up a move for the Scotland international when the transfer window reopens in January.

Lennon admits he expects other clubs to be weighing up moves for Forrest, but he insists the 22-year-old is going nowhere.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if other clubs were looking at James because he is a brilliant player," Lennon told the Daily Record.

"But he signed a long-term contract 18 months ago. We are months and months away from the window - he is not for sale.

"I don't know if people are trying to unsettle players here.

"It's as if everyone wants me to sell a player every month - people talked about Virgil van Dijk, Scott Brown, Fraser Forster and now James. These players are not going anywhere.

"We are in a very stable position as a club and that is something which is a rarity in this day and age.

"The players are happy, vibrant and we have a lot to look forward to."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24774802.

There is no dispute that he deserved to be sent off but a 3 game ban is far too harsh. But what I find annoying about it is the double standards. Wayne Rooney was sent off against Montenegro 2 years ago for a far more vicious kick and got a 3 game ban for Euro 2012. England appealed and got it reduced to 2 games. But of course EUFA are good at pandering to the big guns and socking it to the small fry.

CB hasn't been in a bar in months.

3 weans has knocked that old habit on the head.

CB doesn't even have time to watch five minutes of highlights.

Whereas Salty the bachelor, beach-bum has all the time in the world.

Cosey in his wee pad skimming the channels watching god-knows-what

from around the globe and can't spend a few minutes to give his usual

concise report on what appears to have been a pretty sh*te game as it happens.

Let's hope this kind of attitude has been dealt with by the time Ajax comes around mid-week!

As the Ajax game will be on TV this "type of attitude" will be dealt with. I will retire late on Wednesday night after my report and having looked at the highlights of other games content in the knowledge that CB will have slept well and can peruse same while he eats his porridge on Thursday morning. I trust Mrs CB will have the PC up and running for your convenience. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

SCOTTISH football will be screened live to up to 60 million television viewers in China as part of a long-term deal which is expected to bring in £2million a year to clubs.

The Scottish Professional Football League has announced a broadcast deal with Chinese partner PPLive TV which is part of a wider 10-year, £20million international deal with sports media rights firm MP & Silva.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster was joined in Beijing with Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to announce the deal.

A total of 58 SPFL matches will be screened live in China as part of the online station's European football selection, which also includes Spanish and English games.

Doncaster said: "This is a brilliant result for Scottish football and the Scottish Professional Football League. This deal will showcase the Scottish game to up to 60million people across China and opens up a huge marketplace in the world's fastest growing economy.

4th round Scottish Cup draw. To be played 30th November/1st December

Hearts v Celtic.

Celtic made heavy weather of several games on their way to winning the Cup last season. I would see this as being a potentially difficult assignment.

Ajax 1 Celtic 0

A deserved win for Ajax over Celtic who were poor and only woke up after Ajax went ahead. The first half was very poor. Ajax had far more possession and looked more dangerous. Forster made a good save from a free kick pushing it out for a corner early on. Izaguirre made a good tackle to foil an Ajax break and Forster made an excellent from De Jong who had a free header. Celtic were going back to Forster innumerable times and seemed incapable of getting on to any of his long clearances with the result that Commons and Forrest hardly saw anything of the ball. Samaras was at his most annoying unable to hold it up or control it.

The 2nd half was far more lively otherwise I think some people could have died of boredom. Kayal had an early chance but his shot from about 20 yards was miles off target. In the next minute Ajax went ahead. An excellent series of passes and a clever back heel in the area sliced open the Celtic defense for Schone who finished clinically into the corner for a superb goal. Celtic who had done little of note to this point suddenly woke up and started to play a bit. Stokes had a shot from a tight angle straight at the goalie. At the other end Lustig cleared a dangerous cross for a corner. which Izaguirre headed off the line. Then Forrest made a great break but with a 2 on 1 he held on too long and his attempted pass into Stokes was blocked. At that stage it would have been a better option to try to cut inside the defender onto his left foot which might have given him a decent chance. Celtic made a couple of changes in the closing stages. Boerighter came on for Stokes to a predictable mixed reception from the Ajax fans after 71 minutes Ledley for Kayal and Pukki for Commons shortly after with little effect. Forrest made a break inside worked a 1 2 but was foiled by a terrific tackle before he could shoot. Van Dyck easily the best Celtic player joined the attack and Celtic pumped in several high balls but Ajax were comfortable and almost made it 2 in the closing stages when Forster blocked a close range effort from

a tight angle with his feet for a corner from which Ajax hit the outside of the post and wide witha free header. ( Yawn: I'm tired but at least I won't have to suffer CB's wrath for not reporting. Hope he slept well.)whistling.gif

Celtic now have little chance of making the last 16 which does not surprise me. They have little cutting edge at this level and being honest enjoyed good fortune in the home game against Ajax.

• Like 1

Tremendous report there Salty old son.

One of your best I must say, just a pity

the scoreline wasn't on a par with it.

Celtic are way below average these days.

Don't think I would bother getting up in the

wee hours out here midweek for their games.

Need an injection of something and soon.

Ross County 1 Celtic 4

Celtic got back to winning ways with a decisive victory today. Van Dijk is fast emerging as an outstanding talent and he was almost a 1 man attack today. He brought a good save from the keeper early on headed wide under pressure and finally gave Celtic the lead in 41 minutes heading an Izaguirre cross in off the post to give Celtic the lead. He was a bit lucky to get away with a nudge on one of the centre backs.

Celtic had the majority of the play and resumed in the same mode. In the 52nd minute he scored again heading in a Mulgrew corner. Ross County got a goal back in the 67th minute when Forster made a good save after a deflection but was helpless when Sproule lashed in the rebound. But Celtic's response was emphatic. Ledley headed in from another cross by Izaguirre a few minutes later and then repeated the dose in another 3 minutes from a Fisher cross.

So all 4 were headed goals and were Van Dijk's first for the club and Ledley's first for the season. The big Dutchman is looking more and more to be a great find.

SCOTTISH football will be screened live to up to 60 million television viewers in China as part of a long-term deal which is expected to bring in £2million a year to clubs.

The Scottish Professional Football League has announced a broadcast deal with Chinese partner PPLive TV which is part of a wider 10-year, £20million international deal with sports media rights firm MP & Silva.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster was joined in Beijing with Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to announce the deal.

A total of 58 SPFL matches will be screened live in China as part of the online station's European football selection, which also includes Spanish and English games.

Doncaster said: "This is a brilliant result for Scottish football and the Scottish Professional Football League. This deal will showcase the Scottish game to up to 60million people across China and opens up a huge marketplace in the world's fastest growing economy.

Oh boy. Look out for Chinese tourists on the streets of Bangkok and Chiang Mai with "Long Live King Billy" and "Remember 1690" T-shirts

1 Celtic 30

2 Inverness CT 25

3 Aberdeen 23

4 Motherwell 22

This is how it stands today as Butcher and Malpas leave ICT to join Hibs.

The fans in Inverness must feel really let down by this pair. I know it's all

about money, but they built the team up to this stage . . . . then leave.

Buggered if I can understand it.

Edited by CelticBhoy

From Tony Watt we do get a T.watt:

TONY WATT has been sent home from training by his Belgian club for the second time after a bust-up with Lierse boss Stanley Menzo.

The Celtic striker is on loan with the Pro League side but the move is rapidly turning into a nightmare.

Watt was ordered to train on his own this week after his second major fall-out with Menzo, who has already criticised the 19-year-old’s fitness levels.

Lierse refused to comment on the incident last night but it’s understood Watt refused to cooperate with Menzo in training and was ordered home after being told to train by himself.

And last month Watt was also reportedly sent home from training because he refused Menzo’s requests to play as a left winger.

Watt’s spell in Belgium has proved turbulent since he was farmed out by Celtic in August.

After scoring on his debut, Menzo insisted Watt had to work harder in training to get into shape.

The player responded by whipping his top off to show his physique after he scored in his next game. He was then sent off 30 seconds after coming on a sub against Charleroi for an elbow.

Watt has also been dumped out the Scotland Under-21 squad by Billy Stark and his future at his loan club now looks set to be in serious doubt after the latest incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24774802.

There is no dispute that he deserved to be sent off but a 3 game ban is far too harsh. But what I find annoying about it is the double standards. Wayne Rooney was sent off against Montenegro 2 years ago for a far more vicious kick and got a 3 game ban for Euro 2012. England appealed and got it reduced to 2 games. But of course EUFA are good at pandering to the big guns and socking it to the small fry.

Only "small fry" now? I must remember that the next time one of their multicultural, non-sectarian followers tells me they are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Celtic got out of jail again at Parkhead with 2 goals in time added on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24968789

CL v AC Milan on Tuesday. A win here while far from certain would be a help towards getting 3rd place and getting to the last 32 of the Europa League. Our chances of qualifying from the group in 2nd place are almost nonexistent.

Next Sunday a dangerous cup tie away to Hearts. Give our many leaden performances in recent years in Cup matches I would not be bursting with confidence.