90 Day Report

I have been married to a Thai for 11 years and have just done my ninth consecutive One year marriage visa and have NEVER reported to immigration every 3 months and have never been asked to. But sometimes when I'm there doing my annual thingy, I hear the officers telling other farang that they must do it. I'm wondering if anyone else has similarly managed to avoid this?

I have been married to a Thai for 11 years and have just done my ninth consecutive One year marriage visa and have NEVER reported to immigration every 3 months and have never been asked to. But sometimes when I'm there doing my annual thingy, I hear the officers telling other farang that they must do it. I'm wondering if anyone else has similarly managed to avoid this?

I make an assumption that you don't leave the country in any 90 day period as the reporting requirement only concerns a consecutive 90 day stay in Thailand.

My Lawyer tells me that a "large number" of people do not do the 90 day reporting because "once you do, you are in the computer and from then on you will always have to remember to report as necessary". However I personally have chosen to do it as it is "the law" and if caught there is a fine. Lopburi posted a link on another thread that spells out the requirement which is as below.

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/webboard/view.php?No=718

I'm sure Lopburi will have some more to say when he reads your post.

When this policy first started (enforcement of the 90 day rule) there was a very laid back attitude in general and many continued to not report. Things have changed since 9-11 and the policy is getting tighter and with the computerization of immigration it is probably just a matter of time (very short) before you are in the doo doo. They have already increased the possible fine from 2,000 baht flat to 5,000 plus 200 per day but have not yet started to use it. That to will probably not be far off.

As this duty can now be done at any immigration office and also by mail it is not all that much bother (although a pain to remember for some of us).

But if you are here on multi entry O visa and travel every 90 days to get a re-entry stamp you do not have to do this. Your post was not clear on that as a visa is obtained outside Thailand - what you get inside is called an extension of stay.

What is clear is that if you stay inside Thailand for more than 90 consecutive days you should be reporting your address.

As this duty can not be done at any immigration office and also by mail it is not all that much bother (although a pain to remember for some of us).

What is clear is that if you stay inside Thailand for more than 90 consecutive days you should be reporting your address.

Was that a typing mistake?

It can be done at ANY office, as far as I know.

As this duty can not be done at any immigration office and also by mail it is not all that much bother (although a pain to remember for some of us).

Was that a typing mistake?

It can be done at ANY office, as far as I know.

Sure was. Word should have been "now" and have corrected. Thanks.