Settlement Visa

Hello All

i am going to get a settlement visa for my thai wife and am wondering will my uk criminal record for motoring offences be asked and subsequently by a negative factor?

thanks to anyone who can help

and regards to all on here

Hi,

Assuming that you are a uk resident and citizen it naturally follows you dont need a settlement visa for yourself.

It is your wife who is applying for the Settlement visa and her past conduct that is to be considered not yours, unless ofcourse your driving offense's incuded smuggling people into the uk in the car that is!! LOL

I'm sure you wil look back and laugh at this question at some point in the future but can well understand the stress and worry you are both going through at the moment which will likely continue right up until she comes away from the visa desk with a smile on her face and the appropriate visa in her passport.

Some people on this site might adopt a holier than thou attitude about motoring convictions but I feel thats a bit OTT when all things considered.

After all, I am sure that most of the guys on here have had to swerve to avoid a child at some time in their past :o:D

Good luck to you both

Roy gsd

Edited by roygsd