What Bikes You Ride, Post Some Pics...

CroBiker

It was 139,900 THB (special promotion, 5K discount for Sept) plus 7,500 THB insurance and 2,900 THB for the number plate. After I picked up the bike I got stopped on the way back to Ban Chang for a contribution to the policeman's ball.

First, nice Pit.

How much attention is the Ninja attracting from the coppers since they know it's new and relatively expensive and thus the owner must be big money? Anyone else notice the frequency of contributions having gone up since buying theirs?

Thats not a pit,its an english bulldog like bullseye in oliver twist !... a beauty :o

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 139,900 THB (special promotion, 5K discount for Sept) plus 7,500 THB insurance and 2,900 THB for the number plate. After I picked up the bike I got stopped on the way back to Ban Chang for a contribution to the policeman's ball.

First, nice Pit.

How much attention is the Ninja attracting from the coppers since they know it's new and relatively expensive and thus the owner must be big money? Anyone else notice the frequency of contributions having gone up since buying theirs?

Thats not a pit,its an english bulldog like bullseye in oliver twist !... a beauty :o

Actually it's an English bull terrier, not an English bulldog but I agree it's a lovely dog.

Dave Boo, you're really clutching at straws now regarding you negativity towards the Ninja. Just come out of the closet and admit you want one :D

Edited by JonnyF

First, nice Pit.

Not contributed once since I bought mine, have been asked a lot of questions how it is and get lot of attention when driving it. But the Police I have meet so far have admired it and not asked me for a dime. Raced a cop who had a 150 (refuse to say which to prevent flamewar) and let him try mine after, he was very impressed and wanted one badly. As always it really helps having Thai license and speaking Thai, that normally kills the fining for nothing.

Regarding fining expensive cars/motorbikes, you'll find the Police normally avoid stopping more expensive than less expensive of obvious reasons.

The dog is an English Bull Terrier called Maggie (not named after ther iron lady). I think I was unlucky with the cops. I had a helmet on but I was doing 120 KPH in the outside lane. I think someone posted once that you can't use the outside lane on a bike. Also it towards the end of the month and they want some cash. The cop said Thai people pay 500 Baht, we came to a compromise after I'd showed him my licence and I paid 300 baht.

The bike seems great its really user friendly and can zip along at 120-140 KPH with no problems.

First, nice Pit.

Not contributed once since I bought mine, have been asked a lot of questions how it is and get lot of attention when driving it. But the Police I have meet so far have admired it and not asked me for a dime. Raced a cop who had a 150 (refuse to say which to prevent flamewar) and let him try mine after, he was very impressed and wanted one badly. As always it really helps having Thai license and speaking Thai, that normally kills the fining for nothing.

Regarding fining expensive cars/motorbikes, you'll find the Police normally avoid stopping more expensive than less expensive of obvious reasons.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I'm going to ignore attempts to try and twist an innocous question around for whatever reason.

I've only ridden in vehicles that were fairly common, with the exception of my old 318i. And to be honest, I rarely get stopped, but I don't speak the lingo, I can't talk my way out of it with the exception of trying to exasperate them with using only spanish. Quite effective that.

And my apologies about the mix up with the dog's breed. Still a nice looking dog...

Mine-

bike3009.jpg

My business partners-

DSCF4677.jpg

bike002.jpg

:o

where did he get that red sweet monster from?? Imported??

where would I find a beast like that here?

Is it an extended frame on it?

I do need an extended frame as I am 6'6" all bikes look small under me.

Anyone has an idea on how much they would be if made here?

Frame is standard size but it has been altered cosmetically, the bike was built by East Coast Choppers in Jomtien Pattaya and is currently for sale. :D

How much would it go for I am very very interested??

PM me if you dont want to throw it in the public

Raced a cop who had a 150 (refuse to say which to prevent flamewar) and let him try mine after, he was very impressed and wanted one badly. As always it really helps having Thai license and speaking Thai, that normally kills the fining for nothing.

Deary me! Fraternizing with the enemy! Whatever next?

And my apologies about the mix up with the dog's breed. Still a nice looking dog...

Seeing as a lot of riders have dogs, perhaps we should have a "what dog you got?" thread too :o Here's mine:

Thailand - Mr Bones. 16 month old APBT

Bones010Medium.jpg

England - Wilf. 14 year old SBT.

misc033Small.jpg

You can't beat a good Bull Terrier, whatever the strain - great dogs.

BTW, looks like we have got a great mix of fantastic bikes here! Keep 'em coming....

Cheers,

Pikey.

Raced a cop who had a 150 (refuse to say which to prevent flamewar) and let him try mine after, he was very impressed and wanted one badly. As always it really helps having Thai license and speaking Thai, that normally kills the fining for nothing.

Deary me! Fraternizing with the enemy! Whatever next?

Hehe can't beat them join them, anyway it was fun to race in illegal speed with the cops without any hassle...

First, nice Pit.

I put 2000km on my little Ninja 250R without any plate and guess I'm just lucky cuz I was waved through every police checkpoint I encountered. Now I've got a plate, so perhaps my luck will change? :o

Ride On!

SO TRUE Bard! When we met my better half drove a Benz here in the City of Angels and the difference in treatment when we 'downgraded' to my Toyota Vigo was stunning! (Not that the cops hassle us more, but rather we no longer enjoy that strange Thai 5 star service you get when you pull into a hotel, resort, parking garage etc in a Benz...) What's up with that?!

SO TRUE Bard! When we met my better half drove a Benz here in the City of Angels and the difference in treatment when we 'downgraded' to my Toyota Vigo was stunning! (Not that the cops hassle us more, but rather we no longer enjoy that strange Thai 5 star service you get when you pull into a hotel, resort, parking garage etc in a Benz...) What's up with that?!

Simple they fear that more expensive tools have people with important friends inside or on them, since they have money they must have important friends. A pickup is a tool for the masses but a car is a tool for people not working hard, so they must be more important and hence deserve much better treatment. Class treatment if you like...

Simple they fear that more expensive tools have people with important friends inside or on them, since they have money they must have important friends. A pickup is a tool for the masses but a car is a tool for people not working hard, so they must be more important and hence deserve much better treatment. Class treatment if you like...

Class Treatment? In Thailand?! Say it ain't so!!! 78.gif

First, nice Pit.

I put 2000km on my little Ninja 250R without any plate and guess I'm just lucky cuz I was waved through every police checkpoint I encountered. Now I've got a plate, so perhaps my luck will change? :D

Ride On!

Perhaps they saw no plate, new bike, and figured you had blown all your money and so couldn't contribute to their "Police Officer's Benevolancy Fund". :o

My bikes; ZZR1100, CB400 SUPER FOUR, SHADOW SLASHER...

Dan

post-11184-1223080162_thumb.jpg

The ZZR1100 looks strangely familiar. Was it on the market recently?

Yes it was on the market a while back. I was going to sell it until I woke up and decided I like her better than the CB1300 I had my eye's on. The ZZR is very quick and is 100%, no need to do anything, however I am looking to do a custom Airbrush to it soon.

Dan

My bikes; ZZR1100, CB400 SUPER FOUR, SHADOW SLASHER...

Dan

post-11184-1223080162_thumb.jpg

post-11184-1223080109_thumb.jpg

post-11184-1223080138_thumb.jpg

Those are very clean headers on the Super4. Did you polish them or what?

This is really my girls bike, she has done allot to it. No not polished just had a mate bring them in from Japan 2 years ago. Now the bike is actually Yellow and Black, she changed the colors but still looks good.

Dan

Cambodia here i come !

Where did you get that "วิเชียรมาศ"? For being Thailand, I see precious few Siamese cats and would like to get my hands on one.

**edit**

This is really my girls bike, she has done allot to it. No not polished just had a mate bring them in from Japan 2 years ago. Now the bike is actually Yellow and Black, she changed the colors but still looks good.

Ahh, it's a non- local part....explains why it looks so good! I'm partial to yellow and black; my CBR 150R is in that scheme.

Edited by dave_boo

Ha Ha. On Saturday I was going home on Sukhumvit, outbound near Emporium. Up ahead I heard a really loud motorcycle. He caught a hole in traffic & took off.

O boy - hare & hounds. After about 3 blocks I caught him. It was a CBR600RR with all the guts out of the can. I passed him. He turned off on Ekkamai but was still in my mirrors. He never came close to catching me. He had his hands full just steering it. YEEHAW!!!!!

FELT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!