Narawan Hotel

Sontaya

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yes I have stayed there new safe and clean. Nice pool and reasonable priced. Rooms are OK cable TV and internet however many things in our room didnt work. Lights, Hot water etc. We were told just teething problems and were given another room (shower worked but didnt make hot water) I only usually stay a few days at a time so put up with it. I have stayed in another nearby hotel called Markwin Lodge on soi 88 and would reccomend that. A little cheaper better facilities bigger rooms and free breakfast hot drinks and WIFI . To be honest both are very good value and are similar in distance from the town centre.

• 3 months later...

The hotel is very basic, a typical poorly built Thai hotel with loose fittings and with the usual stone-hard beds; it will probably be run down pretty soon. However, the staff was friendly and helpful which is a plus.

The internet in the room didn't work since the signal strength was much too weak. The breakfast was very basic but eatable.

The hotel has also a covered parking area which is good if you have your own car.

Its worst problem is its location close to the unprotected railway-crossing at Soi 94. The noises from the trains, and there are quite a few passings every night, are really disturbing and because of that I will not stay at this hotel again.

pdcott or any1 else that can help, how far is that markwin lodge from black mountain golf course do you know? and how much per night? or do you have any other reccommendations for accomm around 1000 baht or less per night closish to black mountain golf club, something close to some eating places, even street side stalls type stuff is fine. Do they use metre cabs there?

thanks for yoiur help

pdcott or any1 else that can help, how far is that markwin lodge from black mountain golf course do you know? and how much per night? or do you have any other reccommendations for accomm around 1000 baht or less per night closish to black mountain golf club, something close to some eating places, even street side stalls type stuff is fine. Do they use metre cabs there?

thanks for yoiur help

The Markwin is on the same general side of town as Black Mountain, but still a fair distance away from it as Black Mountain is a ways out of the town proper. I saw an add the said Black Mountain was 3 minutes from town center and I had to think that timing was going by helicopter! I don't know of any accommodation near Black Mountain (but I'm sure there must be something). If there is, it may be out of your price range and you would be a long way from most of the action in town. Unless all you are doing every day is playing golf at Black Mountain it would probably be better to stay down town where there are plenty of cheap accommodation, other entertainment, and eateries, and then take a tuk tuk to play golf. Some hotels have golf shuttles but I'm not sure which ones, and yes, I said tuk tuk as there are no meter taxis in Hua Hin and the tuk tuks are expensive compared to a meter taxi kilometer for kilometer.

The hotel is very basic, a typical poorly built Thai hotel with loose fittings and with the usual stone-hard beds; it will probably be run down pretty soon. However, the staff was friendly and helpful which is a plus.

The internet in the room didn't work since the signal strength was much too weak. The breakfast was very basic but eatable.

The hotel has also a covered parking area which is good if you have your own car.

Its worst problem is its location close to the unprotected railway-crossing at Soi 94. The noises from the trains, and there are quite a few passings every night, are really disturbing and because of that I will not stay at this hotel again.

Would have to agree stayed here over christmas. Its a nice hotel, reasonably priced, new. However the 2 main negative points are that soi 94 is a good bit away from the town AND the trains are nightmare at night. Got woken up at least 3 times at night because of them.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Yes I have stayed there new safe and clean. Nice pool and reasonable priced. Rooms are OK cable TV and internet however many things in our room didnt work. Lights, Hot water etc. We were told just teething problems and were given another room (shower worked but didnt make hot water) I only usually stay a few days at a time so put up with it. I have stayed in another nearby hotel called Markwin Lodge on soi 88 and would reccomend that. A little cheaper better facilities bigger rooms and free breakfast hot drinks and WIFI . To be honest both are very good value and are similar in distance from the town centre.

just for an update after checkng out many places to stay in hua hin i would have to agree that the markwin lodge seems by far the best value for money, unfortunately was booked out when i went so had to stay elsewhere but it would definately be my first option if heading back. thanks for the heads up pdcott.