Pay Those Bills Boys

bkkjames

OK in this situation its best to do as the above posts points out, ie pay up the 170bht and let them know youre not coming back.

I would seriously avoid to say "that's too expensive, I'll not come back". Just pay it and go, as some ill creatures can get angry quite rapidly!

It happened to me in a few occasions, overcharged bills, but as being out with friends and paying a few ladydrinks......

That's the price you are paying....just keep it in mind and avoid those places the next time.

Cheers

I ordered a San Miguel Light at a bar on Soi 8, not far from the Sailor Bar. The check bin was a long time arriving and when id did, it was B100. This was little open air bar, no aircon, nothing special so I knew I was being overcharged. I just finished my beer and walked over to the cashier and politley asked if the bin was wrong and if the correct price was 70 or 80.

In about 3 seconds I was surrounded by the staff, they were aggressive and started yelling "No expensive, farang keeneow!" I kept smiling and slowly laid a B100 note on the bar and walked away.

Never went back and the last time I looked, the place was deserted :o

(SM Light is B45 at Sailor bar and they always have customers:) )

Out of curiosity, I wonder what happens in these situations when its Thai on Thai. If the bar is "connected" (police owned) the aggrieved party probably says mai pen rai, pays up and walks away. If its not, he probably gets on his mobile, calls up for reinforcements and then the sh*t hits the fan, 555!

170 for corona is cheap, its normally 220. san mig for 100 is ok, again normally 110-120. there are to many cheapos over here. try drinking for that price at home. if you want cheap, then drink local stuff, singha, chang or whatever.

Usually a San Miq light is 75 Bht! If you go to airconditionned bars you might pay 120 Bht.

I never complain, I just remember when have the feeling of being ripped off.

Sorry mate, I am not a cheapo but enjoy drinking a Singha when going out....

170 for corona is cheap, its normally 220. san mig for 100 is ok, again normally 110-120. there are to many cheapos over here. try drinking for that price at home. if you want cheap, then drink local stuff, singha, chang or whatever.

Another two week millionaire. You don't have a clue dude :o

It happened to me in a few occasions, overcharged bills, but as being out with friends and paying a few ladydrinks......

Typical tourist behaviour.

What's your point? Kee niau chai mai?

Another two week millionaire. You don't have a clue dude :o

I often drink soda water when out, apart from being a cheap charlie, it is sometimes better to keep off the booze. I pay anything from 30B for a small bottle to 90B for a glass. The places that charge 90B are aircon and provide a show, not cheap to have 40 or more staff on salary. :D So 170B for a beer is not outside the realms of reality.