Is There A Decent (non-fast-food) Burger In Pattaya?

Jingthing

Other regional forums frequently bring up burgers. How about a Pattaya burger thread? Where are there some decent ones here? I feel like this maybe once or twice a year, but so far, not happy with what I have found.

Great American Rib Company, meat not disgusting but not very good either, bun stale as a rock

Dicks Cafe Jomtien: overcooked dry meat like a dried cow patty, but I could tell that was a good thing because the meat quality was suspect, bun OK

Burger King: yes, I said no fast food, but I was curious about the local BK (Royal Garden) and found it very disgusting

I am guessing in the new central mall we will get at least one of the famous chains from Bangkok for burgers, but right now, I am wondering, is there a decent burger in town?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other regional forums frequently bring up burgers. How about a Pattaya burger thread? Where are there some decent ones here? I feel like this maybe once or twice a year, but so far, not happy with what I have found.

Great American Rib Company, meat not disgusting but not very good either, bun stale as a rock

Dicks Cafe Jomtien: overcooked dry meat like a dried cow patty, but I could tell that was a good thing because the meat quality was suspect, bun OK

Burger King: yes, I said no fast food, but I was curious about the local BK (Royal Garden) and found it very disgusting

I am guessing in the new central mall we will get at least one of the famous chains from Bangkok for burgers, but right now, I am wondering, is there a decent burger in town?

Bob's BBQ, soi LK metro off soi Diana has the best burgers, in my opinion.

I have had the burger at Great American Rib, and it was faboo! I think somehow jing just managed to get there on a bad day ,,,,

Is "Fatties" or something like that, still open across from Big C? Was a yank from N'ahlins that had that place a few years back (last time I went) and they had some decent burgers

Example from Queen Vic - 32oz monster. Some lad ordered this and didnt realize how big it was. :D Anyways they have smaller ones mushroom swiss one is yummy!! :o

Ohhh.... does the Queen Vic really do a 32 oz hamburger???? I've never seen that offered anywhere... Thailand or the USA???? How much do they charge for it??

In my younger 'growing boy' days, I certainly could have downed it, 32 oz. being 2 pounds... But nowadays, I think I'd better share with a friend.

On a bet..one time after graduating college, I downed a 5 pound burrito in one sitting... and barely could get home after... I got the burrito for free...won the bet...and got my name on the restaurant's heroes board... :D

If it's a big burger, I noticed a place on the north side of Pattaya Tai, not too far east of the Sai Sahm traffic lights (close to the CAT office?) that advertises some monster burger. Has a western name like Bobs or Bubbas or the like.

The best burger that was in Pattaya used to be at the old Wild Elephant (now Wild Chicken) top end of Soi Postoffice. When Bob and Tom ran the Elephant, they introduced the first home-made, flame-broiled burger on the first home-made non-tapioca flour buns. They were awesome, especially with their home-made potato salad instead of fries.

I have had the burger at Great American Rib, and it was faboo! I think somehow jing just managed to get there on a bad day ,,,,

Is "Fatties" or something like that, still open across from Big C? Was a yank from N'ahlins that had that place a few years back (last time I went) and they had some decent burgers

I suspect you are right, a bad day at the rib. However, they present themselves as a decent restaurant. If they didn't have any non-stale buns in stock, they really should have just said the burger was a no have. The meat wasn't bad, but once burned, you know? Recommend for their chicken wings. Last stab at their ribs was not a winner. Overall, I think this place has gone downhill.

Fatties? Sorry, I won't be caught dead at a restaurant called Fatties. Yes, its the name. Yes, that's superficial but thats the way it is.

Edited by Jingthing

Fatties? Sorry, I won't be caught dead at a restaurant called Fatties. Yes, its the name. Yes, that's superficial but thats the way it is.

What's in a name? Yesterday I had one of the best burgers ever at a place called Fatburger. In Los Angeles. I had always avoided it because of the off-putting name. I will go back today as I return to LOS soon and know I will miss this iconic Southern California burger!

Edited by popshirt

What's in a name? Yesterday I had one of the best burgers ever at a place called Fatburger. I had always avoided it because of the off-putting name. I will go back today as I return to LOS soon and will miss the iconic Southern California burger!

Yeah, Fatburger is good.

BBQ Bob's off LK Metro Soi next door to Lolitas has great hamburgers. I have a fairly big appetite and I had a hard time eating his medium size.

i totally agree with you, bobs bbq is easily the best in pattaya and its next door to lolitas if u want any extra sauce :o

What's in a name? Yesterday I had one of the best burgers ever at a place called Fatburger. In Los Angeles. I had always avoided it because of the off-putting name. I will go back today as I return to LOS soon and know I will miss this iconic Southern California burger!

I really miss the "In n Out" burgers and fries and Carl's Jrs. Starburgers

I really miss the "In n Out" burgers and fries and Carl's Jrs. Starburgers

Agreed "In n Out" double double and fries mmmmmmmmmmmm - At Carl's the best is the Double Western Cheeseburger

There are no really good hamburgers in Pattaya, IMHO. Hard Rock burgers are OK, but nothing like Hard Rock in the Waste. And with a bottle of Heineken at 200 Baht and a Budweiser at 260 Baht, you certainly can't afford to drink very much with your burger.

Bob's burgers on Soi LK Metro are OK, on a par with Hard Rock, a Heineken is a more reasonable 90 Baht, and the staff are helpful. But I still wouldn't say they are "great" burgers.

Balancing price with quality, the burgers in Secrets bar, Walking Street Soi 14, are a good bet. And beer in this place is even cheaper again.

Easily the best burgers I have had anywhere in SE Asia, though, are at Tony Roma's on Sukhumvit in Bangkok (near the Nana junction). They're not cheap, but it's almost worth getting a bus to BKK for that alone!

I remember a Bangkok best hamburger contest. I won't go into detail but I had a hamburger at the number 1 and 2nd place winners. They really tasted nothing like a hamburger, lots of fillings and spices. If I want sausage, I'll order sausage. The Brits like spices in their hamburgers. Americans on the other hand like 100 percent beef with no additives. Beef should taste like beef.

Easily the best burgers I have had anywhere in SE Asia, though, are at Tony Roma's on Sukhumvit in Bangkok (near the Nana junction). They're not cheap, but it's almost worth getting a bus to BKK for that alone!

I haven't tried their burgers in Thailand, as yet. But here's their choices...

Roma Burger

A meaty, choice ground beef, charbroiled to

your liking. 345

Mushroom Burger

A thick, meaty burger layered with sautéed

mushrooms and Cheddar cheese. 385

Cheeseburger

An American classic, like Tony Roma’s. A meaty

burger served with your choice of Cheddar,

Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese. 375

Bacon Cheeseburger

A big, beefy burger covered with Cheddar

cheese and bacon. 395

They also have a local web site for Asia, including Thailand, that I hadn't seen before:

http://www.tonyromas-mms.com/en/index.php?q=home

And actually, there actually are a couple of Tony Roma's choices in BKK now...as follows:

87 Sukhumvit Rd.

Near Suk Soi 5 and 7

Nai Lert Building

Klongtoey

Phone. 66-2254-2912

Fax. 66-2254-1326

Hours of Operation

11:00 am - 11:00 pm

And then two mall food court ops:

The Emporium Department Store

(food court closed now for remodel, soon to reopen)

622 Sukhumvit Soi 24, near Phom Phrong BTS

Unit S 21 Siam Paragon Shopping Center

991 Rama 1 Road Pathumwan

Hours of Operation

11:00 am - 11:00 pm

Edited by jfchandler

I suspect you are right, a bad day at the rib. However, they present themselves as a decent restaurant. If they didn't have any non-stale buns in stock, they really should have just said the burger was a no have. The meat wasn't bad, but once burned, you know? Recommend for their chicken wings. Last stab at their ribs was not a winner. Overall, I think this place has gone downhill.

Hard rock, very good for pattaya, bit expensive but worth it.

American Rib company, stlll crap food.

Thanks for the ideas. I had been meaning to try Bobs but wouldn't have thought of some of these other places. BTW, does anyone else think the patty on that Queen Vic burger looks kind of strange? Maybe it tastes better than it looks.

Edited by Jingthing

jingthing - thats the super burger mate. Try the smaller brothers and I'm sure you won't be disappointed at the Vic. :o

Queen Vic is OK but much better IMHO is Maggies(sp?) on the road connecting Thepprasit road just off

Thapharaya at the junction. Cook is a western woman and all the stuff has a home made feel to it.

I'm surprised noonehas mentioned this place before.

Problem is that it is open only untill 2pm and then again from 6pm to about 10. I missed it

before because of this.

jingthing - thats the super burger mate. Try the smaller brothers and I'm sure you won't be disappointed at the Vic. :o

Queen Vic is OK but much better IMHO is Maggies(sp?) on the road connecting Thepprasit road just off

Thapharaya at the junction. Cook is a western woman and all the stuff has a home made feel to it.

I'm surprised noonehas mentioned this place before.

Problem is that it is open only untill 2pm and then again from 6pm to about 10. I missed it

before because of this.

Great idea. I have eaten there before for other things and meant to try their burger sometime as I saw someone eating one and it looked, but forgot about it. I wouldn't recommend their Thai food though, its deeply farangized.

I remember a Bangkok best hamburger contest. I won't go into detail but I had a hamburger at the number 1 and 2nd place winners. They really tasted nothing like a hamburger, lots of fillings and spices. If I want sausage, I'll order sausage. The Brits like spices in their hamburgers. Americans on the other hand like 100 percent beef with no additives. Beef should taste like beef.

and fries finely cut, not like slabs of potato