Hardware Diagnostic Software

mandl

Anyone care to recommend a reliable software package that will test and report hardware status/problems in plain English. There are diagnostics that come with Windows but I find it difficult to understand what they are trying to tell me after running them.

Would like something that benchmarks and tests CPU, RAM, and other hardware components as well as Network performance and then reports the results in language that can help me figure out what needs to be fixed or replaced. Am getting memory errors in a couple of programs and slow network performance in general.

Thanks in advance,

mandl

I assume what your looking for is free benchmark software. :D

Check out the following:

AIDA32 - AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32 offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote system information and network management. (Note: Further development of AIDA32 has been discontinued by the author.)

Sandra 2005 - SiSoftware has announced the availability of SiSoftware Sandra 2005, the latest version of its award-wining utility which now includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, PDAs, Smart Phones, small office/home office (SOHO) networks and enterprise networks. more... [Check your PM for more info]

Other PAY benchmark utilities here:

Cheers

:o