Transferring Fund To My Girlfriend - Which Currency?

I will be transferring around 400,000 baht to my girlfriends account in bangkok next week. Which currency should I transfer it in, the options are USD, Euro or Baht.

Also, is there a preferred bank for such a transaction? She has accounts in Bangkok Bank.

I will be transferring around 400,000 baht to my girlfriends account in bangkok next week. Which currency should I transfer it in, the options are USD, Euro or Baht.

Also, is there a preferred bank for such a transaction? She has accounts in Bangkok Bank.

Use your home currency. She will receive the funds in baht anyway.

Always choose the option to "send in USD" as you get a better exchange rate when the funds are converted here in Thailand.

If US dollar is not his home currency, Neole (the opening poster) will have to pay an exchange commission with his bank (to convert his home currency in US dollars) and another one will be applied by his girlfriend's Thai bank (to convert dollars in bahts). Better to avoid one of those commission fees and as it is usually not advantageous to buy bahts abroad, just transfer the equivalent amount in your home currency!