Can I Fly In On A 1 Way Ticket?

I work in Central Asia, and on time off have been flying frequently to Thailand with a return ticket provided and paid for by the company which I work for.

(I know the next bit reads like i am being fired - but if not.......)

For whatever reason, my employer is now providing a 1 way ticket 'home'.

And another e-ticket will be emailed to us whilst 'home' for the journey back to work in Central Asia.

For 95% of my colleagues, 'home' is in the EU.

As my 'home' is Thailand, i think i may require a return ticket/onward flight, to satisfy the airline desk in Dubai, and/or immigration in Thailand.

Anybody had similar problems and can point me to the official ruling on this, so that i can throw it at my boss and demand a return ticket?

Here is a link from for Delta that goes to a IATA website. Enter your home country and Thailand and it will give you the info you want.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

If all else fails you or your employer could purchase an onward one way ticket to kl on Air Asia for about 2,500 baht. It could be used for serveral entries by paying the 500 baht change fee everytime.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you have a valid Thai visa then the 'onward' proof of travel is not required. I've been caught out with this rule a couple of times, so I just buy a full fare ticket Phuket to KL with my credit card, and once in Phuket just trade in the ticket for a full refund to my credit card.

If you have a valid Thai visa then the 'onward' proof of travel is not required. I've been caught out with this rule a couple of times, so I just buy a full fare ticket Phuket to KL with my credit card, and once in Phuket just trade in the ticket for a full refund to my credit card.

Yes it is the airlines.

Another option is to get a full fare open ticket to a nearby country. That would be good for a year and could be changed or refunded later.

Clicked the wrong button on my previous post.

Yes i like the sound of that option. Thanks again.

There is a difference I said open ticket which means there is no date for the flight. No need to get a refund or change the ticket every time you come in.

I have done it before but it was to Singapore.

Yep understood ubonjoe - an open ticket - that will be the one for me.