Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Was at Kawa Pattaya yesterday to have a look at the new Versys. I am sure it's a good tour bike (specially for the rough Thai roads) but I decided to keep my ER6-N.

Reasons:

She has been very good to me and I have always enjoyed her alot. In other words we have a good relationship. I don't want to leave her because there is another (improved) model available. ;)

Futhermore, instead I treated her on a new Ohlins rear suspension :lol::D. I am waiting for some Ohlins springs for the front and together with my Yoshi exhaust I believe the bike will be close to perfect (for me atleast) :jap:

---I heard at the Kawa dealer that they would start selling the Z1000 next year October. If it's true..... it would be something to seriously consider.

I hear ye... almost did the same thing, but wanted the better wind protection from the Versys - the glowing reviews everywhere helped too. But the ER-6n has been a really fantastic bike, I am somewhat sad to see her go. Should be awesome with better suspension, for sure.

The Z1000 - I believe it. I hope they'll do the Ninja 1000 too, it's just so beautiful. Kawasaki has brought a new model to Thailand every year since the D-Tracker. But either way, next year I am not going to upgrade - promise! :D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you pm me with the price for the gold rearsets will the coating last, eg are they lacquered...warranty? thanks T...HD

Hiya HD!

PM sent.

These rearsets are anodized, not painted.

EX650RRearsetWeight1ZmSSR.jpg

Warranty? In Thailand? ;) I've been using these on my ER6n "RR" for a couple months now and love them. Haven't had any problems with them. I have replacement pegs and levers for when I crash. I will warranty that these rearsets are free of defects.

Ride On!

Tony

These are CNC rearset's from NUI Racing Project in Bangkok. Suksawat road, Soi 26. About 5-600 meter in on the right side and you`ll find them.

They re not T6 grade aluminum and not very good in quality. Anodizing will not last for too long but they re very cheap, at least the price direct from the manufacturer is. Anyone can go and buy from their stock from 1 piece and up as one of the manufactring facilities are right there and with a shop in the front.

I exported hundred of these set's but got feed back from retailers all the times that customers complained. I pulled some back and stopped selling them.

Photo of the CNC machine at NUI`s and some of their products and one pic of a OEM they do for a customer.

CIMG8530.jpg

CIMG8527.jpg

CIMG8520.jpg

OEM for Arigine

CIMG8523.jpg

The Zed could be something for Big Guns. Although I'd quite fancy the Z750, a bit worried that the Z1000 is a bit too much :o

Correct there Big Guns, do Kawasaki sell the Z750 ere?huh.gif

Sunday morning ride @ 9am - meet outside Kawasaki Pattaya Mitiyon. Myself and Big Guns will be heading towards Chachoengsao we think. dry.gif

All welcome for a steady ride to take in the sights. jap.gif

Keep those good times rolling in this lovely cool and windy weather we are having smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hi Norman and all,

Are there any future rides planned? I live in the Bang Na area and could start from Pattaya (better ofcourse from somewhere closer to my place :D )

Cheerio!

The Zed could be something for Big Guns. Although I'd quite fancy the Z750, a bit worried that the Z1000 is a bit too much :o

Correct there Big Guns, do Kawasaki sell the Z750 ere?huh.gif

Sunday morning ride @ 9am - meet outside Kawasaki Pattaya Mitiyon. Myself and Big Guns will be heading towards Chachoengsao we think. dry.gif

Keep those good times rolling in this lovely cool and windy weather we are having smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hi Norman and all,

Are there any future rides planned? I live in the Bang Na area and could start from Pattaya (better ofcourse from somewhere closer to my place :D )

Cheerio!

Yes of course, we will plan another soon. On a weekend for me and just for a few hours. Here is the only pic I took. Sorry just worked out that way.

This was in a petrol station on the 344 road.

The temple was great although we didn't stop there as the KFC was beckoning at the local Big C. hehehe.

Keep those good times rolling.

post-52293-0-95426900-1289303882_thumb.j

Hi Norman and all,

Cheerio!

Yes of course, we will plan another soon. On a weekend for me and just for a few hours. Here is the only pic I took. Sorry just worked out that way.

This was in a petrol station on the 344 road.

The temple was great although we didn't stop there as the KFC was beckoning at the local Big C. hehehe.

Keep those good times rolling.

Cool! Please keep us informed on furture trips.:D

Cheerio!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I just bought a Versys swingarm from Kawasaki that I'm going to install on my ER6n "RR". A bit pricey at ~7400 Baht, but oh well ;-)

Will post up some pics once the new Versys swingarm is on the ER6n. The aluminum Versys swingarm is lighter and more rigid than the steel swingarm on the EX650. Should be just the thing!

Ride On!

Tony

110410TonysVersysSSR.jpg __________________

2006 GSXR 1000 aka "The BEAST"

2009 Kawasaki ER6n "RR" biggrin.gif

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R!- SOLD :-(

2011 Versys has arrived! cool.gif

BTW, I will be back in CM in two weeks and will be looking for some day rides if anyone is interested, I need to put some miles down in the nice weather.

I like the Samoeng loop and pop into the X centre for a cold one on the way home.

B7400 a bit pricey? :lol:

Imagine what you pay for one of those in the real world....

Could be a nice mod for any ER6N. It certainly looks the business.

How about them forks and triple clamps..?

Too long?

Lol! Good point! I've gotten so spoiled by the cheap cost of local Kawasaki parts I guess I lost my head there ;)

Versys forks will fit the ER6n. Top Clamp and Triple Tree are identical on both bikes. Straight swap.

BUT, the complete Versys forks cost about 30000 Baht so, at that point you'd probably be better off selling the ER6n and buying a Versys!

Ride On!

Tony

Hey Guys!

I just bought a Versys swingarm from Kawasaki that I'm going to install on my ER6n "RR". A bit pricey at ~7400 Baht, but oh well ;-)

Will post up some pics once the new Versys swingarm is on the ER6n. The aluminum Versys swingarm is lighter and more rigid than the steel swingarm on the EX650. Should be just the thing!

Ride On!

Tony

Wow! I was hoping you would start swopping parts from Versys to ER6. Does the back spring from the ER6 fit with the Versys swingarm? Is it not too short?

To be honest, I was really hoping you would also swap the front forks :ph34r:since that is something I am going to do :lol: .

I probably have to make sure that all the cables are long enough and might have to use a Versys front fender too.

I will order a set of frontforks this week and will keep you updated.

BTW, have you fisically checked if the front forks have the same diameter (since you have 2 bikes standing next to eachother)

Cheerio!

I am hoping you swap the stock shock from the ER6N to the Versys and give me a try to see how much lower the Versys becomes with that .... together with a lower seat on the Versys so I can safely ride a Versys (and order one).

Chang Noi

Hey Guys!

Ride On!

Tony

Wow! I was hoping you would start swopping parts from Versys to ER6. Does the back spring from the ER6 fit with the Versys swingarm? Is it not too short?

To be honest, I was really hoping you would also swap the front forks :ph34r:since that is something I am going to do :lol: .

I probably have to make sure that all the cables are long enough and might have to use a Versys front fender too.

BTW, have you fisically checked if the front forks have the same diameter (since you have 2 bikes standing next to eachother)

Cheerio!

Yes, the Versys forks will fit the ER6n/Ninja 650R just fine. Triple tree (steering stem) and top clamp are identical on both bikes.

Have you priced the parts you want to buy? Considering the cost of the Versys suspension components it would probably make more sense, cost wise, to sell your ER6n and buy a Versys rather than spend about ~50,000 Baht to upgrade ER6n suspension to Versys spec.

KA0110020024ForksSSR.jpg

But if you do upgrade your ER6n with Versys forks I hope you'll post up some pictures as I'm sure there will be others who would like to do the same.

Ride On!

Tony

I am hoping you swap the stock shock from the ER6N to the Versys and give me a try to see how much lower the Versys becomes with that .... together with a lower seat on the Versys so I can safely ride a Versys (and order one).

Chang Noi

FWIW the stock shock on the ER6n is pretty weak. Adjustable only for preload and undersprung IMO. You'd probably be better off with a higher quality aftermarket shock such as YSS, Ohlins, Matris, etc.

YSS on my ER6n:

YSSEX650bSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

ps. if you want the stock shock from my ER6n for your Versys I'll be happy to trade it for a case of Heineken beerchug.gif

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Heiniken? You are sure?

Well I do not have a Versys yet ... not even orderd one as I can not test-drive it as the Kawa-dealer has no lowerd test-drive Versys.

But ... how about diner with ... if you must Heiniken?

Chang Noi

LOL :lol:

Well, I've got the stock ER6n shock available, so if anyone wants to give it a try on their Versys or whatever, they are welcome to it.

Try for free, case of Heineken if you want to keep.

YSSEX650aSSR.jpg

Ride On!

T B)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

IF I had a Versys you would see me tomorrow .....

If you are in Patters you could take the Versys of the kawa-dealer for a long ride ... and try your shock ... hahaha.

The YSS shock looks better as the stock shock. Where did you buy it?

Chang Noi

Hey Guys!

Ride On!

Tony

Cheerio!

Yes, the Versys forks will fit the ER6n/Ninja 650R just fine. Triple tree (steering stem) and top clamp are identical on both bikes.

Have you priced the parts you want to buy? Considering the cost of the Versys suspension components it would probably make more sense, cost wise, to sell your ER6n and buy a Versys rather than spend about ~50,000 Baht to upgrade ER6n suspension to Versys spec.

KA0110020024ForksSSR.jpg

But if you do upgrade your ER6n with Versys forks I hope you'll post up some pictures as I'm sure there will be others who would like to do the same.

Ride On!

Tony

Went to Kawa Pat today to analyse the forks on the Versys. In order to swap the legs, you also have to swap the top and bottom clamp... ER6 is about 40mm and Versys is about 46mm. Hmm, that is going to be a fairly big operation. Drove the Versys today and like the front suspension. Better then I thought. The rear is still fairly low standard IMO.

So, since I cannot just swap the forks, I will go back to my previous plan: get fully adjsutable cartridges from Bitubo during my trip back home.

Cheerio!

post-81813-0-51306200-1291113677_thumb.j

Went to Kawa Pat today to analyse the forks on the Versys. In order to swap the legs, you also have to swap the top and bottom clamp... ER6 is about 40mm and Versys is about 46mm. Hmm, that is going to be a fairly big operation. Drove the Versys today and like the front suspension. Better then I thought. The rear is still fairly low standard IMO.

So, since I cannot just swap the forks, I will go back to my previous plan: get fully adjsutable cartridges from Bitubo during my trip back home.

Cheerio!

Hmmm, I apologize if I gave wrong information. I thought that the Kawasaki Part Numbers for the Steering Stem and Top Clamp were identical for the Ninja 650R / ER6n and Versys. But eyeballing the forks on my ER6n and Versys I think you are correct that the Versys fork tubes are larger in diameter. Sorry again for the wrong info! :jap:

i would like to raise the height of the handlebars on my ER6,does anyone know whether the raiser on the versey (part 46012a) would fit straight on and will the cables etc be long enough to facilitate this......whats the availability and approximate cost of the part

post-92214-0-16465200-1291320142_thumb.j

@Raising the handle bar of the ER6n

As far as I could see and as far as I have been told by the tech guy of Kawa the raiser of the Versys can not be put on the ER6n ... and I am sure the cables of the ER6n will be too short.

But it would be great opt. to move the all handle-bar and handle-bar-raiser and all the cables from the Versys on the ER6n. Will be expensive I think. Please let me know if that works out, would be a good option for (instead of buying a Versys to buy a Er6n and make a Versys-look-alike).

Chang Noi

@Raising the handle bar of the ER6n

As far as I could see and as far as I have been told by the tech guy of Kawa the raiser of the Versys can not be put on the ER6n ... and I am sure the cables of the ER6n will be too short.

But it would be great opt. to move the all handle-bar and handle-bar-raiser and all the cables from the Versys on the ER6n. Will be expensive I think. Please let me know if that works out, would be a good option for (instead of buying a Versys to buy a Er6n and make a Versys-look-alike).

Chang Noi

ninja650shopdotcom sells 1inch bar risers for er6, cables fine

i would like to raise the height of the handlebars on my ER6,does anyone know whether the raiser on the versey (part 46012a) would fit straight on and will the cables etc be long enough to facilitate this......whats the availability and approximate cost of the part

The raiser on the Versys will not fit the ER6. It's a complete different connection to the top clamp. I have raised the handlebars on my ER6n by 35mm using simple raisers (locally made). It's such a pleasure drving the bike now. The load on my wrists and shoulders is completly gone. I know many people don't like to raise the bars but IMO it's one of the best things you can do to the bike (anyhow for me it's a touring bike not a racing bike):D

In terms of cables, 35mm is the maximum you can go not to get into trouble with the length. I will post a picture tonight.

Cheerio!

The raiser on the Versys will not fit the ER6. It's a complete different connection to the top clamp. I have raised the handlebars on my ER6n by 35mm using simple raisers (locally made). It's such a pleasure drving the bike now. The load on my wrists and shoulders is completly gone. I know many people don't like to raise the bars but IMO it's one of the best things you can do to the bike (anyhow for me it's a touring bike not a racing bike):D

In terms of cables, 35mm is the maximum you can go not to get into trouble with the length. I will post a picture tonight.

Cheerio!

FWIW you should never have a "load" on your wrists and shoulders... If you do then you are not riding the bike correctly. Try gripping the tank with your knees and supporting your weight with your core muscles. :)

Indeed like riding a horse. When I drive relaxed like a tourist I sit a bit too much to the back, when I drive serious I sit a bit more to the tank and hold on to the bike with my legs. Gives me a much better control of the bike.

Chang Noi

BTW I just ordered the WR Lowering Kit for the Versys .... will be intresting to test it before I order a Versys.