Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Performance is one thing - sound, another. That's a lot of money to pay in order to sound like a herd of flatulent puppies.

Says the guy riding a Tiger Boxer 250... Sounds like pipe envy to me... :rolleyes:

Hello Tony,

Wot yer up to?

Know anywhere that sells black rear sprockets?

Will you be sat down long enough to write something biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Keep those good times rolling jap.gifjap.gif

a general question about er6n. would you guys advise the ABS instead of nonABS? Sure ABS is always better but is it much difference?

A huge difference in my opinion.

Go for it. jap.gif

Of course it is personal opinion but ABS is meant to improve safety by helping to reduce braking distance and skidding. ermm.gif

jap.gif

Some pics I took yesterday as Meancatdaddy and Nickymaster were at the dealer getting bits done. I mangaed to get another Pirrelli Rosso on for 6.5k. Next time I will order a sport touring tyre as this one will only last another 4k kilometers! I tried everywhere for the Battalax and others but alas, no luck and the thread was showing on my old Rossos. Arh.

Meancatdaddy got a Leo Vince underbody exhaust and it was unbelievably sweet sounding but wasn't as loud as Nickymaster's 250 Yoshi add on, on his Slime green er6n. see pics.

I didn't manage to get a pic on Meancatdaddy's Leo Vince because I was in awe of the thing when he first started it up. 23k for that. Kawasaki Pattaya now have loads of stock from Carbon Yoshis to Titanium Akrapovics @ 27k !

Me and Meancatdaddy both agree on the understated exhaust without being STUCK out the side of the bike.

Nice one Leo Vince - those Italians do know how to do things. Oh and btw good luck on your new 777k Ducati Nickymaster - can't wait to go for another ride with you on that thing hahaha.

Keep those good times rolling.

Hi there Norman,

Had a good laugh last saturday with you and Meancatdaddy.

We should have another ride soon

For my new bike I need to pay the DP this weekend :(

BTW my bike will be for sale if I can find a buyer otherwise I will keep it.

Don't know really why I bought another one B):( really love the ER6 :rolleyes:

Cheerio!

Some pics I took yesterday as Meancatdaddy and Nickymaster were at the dealer getting bits done. I mangaed to get another Pirrelli Rosso on for 6.5k. Next time I will order a sport touring tyre as this one will only last another 4k kilometers! I tried everywhere for the Battalax and others but alas, no luck and the thread was showing on my old Rossos. Arh.

Meancatdaddy got a Leo Vince underbody exhaust and it was unbelievably sweet sounding but wasn't as loud as Nickymaster's 250 Yoshi add on, on his Slime green er6n. see pics.

I didn't manage to get a pic on Meancatdaddy's Leo Vince because I was in awe of the thing when he first started it up. 23k for that. Kawasaki Pattaya now have loads of stock from Carbon Yoshis to Titanium Akrapovics @ 27k !

Me and Meancatdaddy both agree on the understated exhaust without being STUCK out the side of the bike.

Nice one Leo Vince - those Italians do know how to do things. Oh and btw good luck on your new 777k Ducati Nickymaster - can't wait to go for another ride with you on that thing hahaha.

Hi there Norman,

Cheerio!

Yeh we'll have to have a run out a bit further next week, I'll get my leather s on (will have to lose a few kilos first hahaha).laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm waiting for my green chain and Leo Vince at the mo.cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

As soon as they come I will get them fitted, that way, I will be able to keep up with you and Meancatdaddy jap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Will give you guys a phone when I'm done.

I would keep your money and put a few more mods on your er6n if I were you. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Hello Tony,

Wot yer up to?

Will you be sat down long enough to write something biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hiya Norman!

You heard there's a Kawasaki track day at BIRA this Saturday?

C'mon mate! You've got all the gear now so let's HIT IT!!!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010ZmSSR.jpg

Hello Tony,

Wot yer up to?

Hiya Norman!

You heard there's a Kawasaki track day at BIRA this Saturday?

C'mon mate! You've got all the gear now so let's HIT IT!!!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010ZmSSR.jpg

Hiya Tony, yeh but I can't take that all day tuition bullshit which is aimed at beginners, they even told me they dont like the likes of you and me 'racing' round the track after all that tuition and lecturing.

After all, what is a race track for???????

What about you?

You still gonna go?

1000 baht max 30 people yeh?

I would love to get that Leo Vince on b4 then, I doubt it though.

What yer think?:(

Hiya Tony, yeh but I can't take that all day tuition bullshit which is aimed at beginners, they even told me they dont like the likes of you and me 'racing' round the track after all that tuition and lecturing.

What about you?

You still gonna go?

Actually, I believe SATURDAY is a regular track day / MiniGP and SUNDAY is a riding course similar to the one we did a few months back.

060610TrackDaySSR.jpg

I'll double check with Kwackerzaki today and let you know.

Ride On!

Tony

What about you?

You still gonna go?

Actually, I believe SATURDAY is a regular track day / MiniGP and SUNDAY is a riding course similar to the one we did a few months back.

060610TrackDaySSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Arh OK, I will also go to Kwacker Pattaya and see what they say. :jap: :jap:

If that is the case, I 'll see you there defo. :) :)

[Actually, I believe SATURDAY is a regular track day / MiniGP and SUNDAY is a riding course similar to the one we did a few months back.

060610TrackDaySSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

I've just noticed I had a number 7 bib, bike and helmet hahahahahaha.

At least I've got the right tyres on this time hehehe.

Edited by NormanW

So tell me more about the Kawasaki riding course.. how much .. are bikes included.. what bikes.etc etc. because i think it would come in handy for me :rolleyes:

Hi Allan,

When Norman and I attended the last Kawasaki Riding Course... well, hell, rather than re-write the story why don't I just link to my report on the last one:

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

060610TrackDayGroupPic1SSR.jpg

Hi there Norman,

Cheerio!

Yeh we'll have to have a run out a bit further next week, I'll get my leather s on (will have to lose a few kilos first hahaha).laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm waiting for my green chain and Leo Vince at the mo.cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

As soon as they come I will get them fitted, that way, I will be able to keep up with you and Meancatdaddy jap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Will give you guys a phone when I'm done.

I would keep your money and put a few more mods on your er6n if I were you. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

yo,

Paid the deposit for my new bike today. Delivery in June 2011 ;):unsure:

Anyone interested in my ER6n can PM me. I can sell with or without mods. I will put it in the classifieds next month but I am willing to sell from now on. 1 year old (Model 2010) and only 45xx km!! Will not be expensive!

Cheerio!

ps Norman I got up late and the race was over at 11.00 or so which made me decide to stay in BKK. Anyhow hope you had a good time @ Bira.

post-81813-0-07381100-1292675636_thumb.j

Is there any difference between the er6n and the 650R besides the plastic?

In 2009 ER6n came with not so good Dunlop tyres and no ABS

2010 upwards I believe they both come with Battlax tyres and ABS in LOS. Plastics and headlights different, reflected in higher price for Ninja 650R

Green chain on and Leo Vince in place jap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

That new LeoVince looks fantastic and the one on your mate's bike sounded great! Did you see the pics of you over on the BIRA Track Day thread?

Dec18thKawaTrackDayER6nJonnie.jpg

Lookin GOOD! :thumbsup:

The lack of chicken strips on your tires proves you know what you're doing. :lol: I think that was what- only your 3rd time out at BIRA? If you can keep hitting it regularly and learn the lines your lap times will improve very quickly.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Dec18thKawaTrackDayER6nRR1.jpg

Is there any difference between the er6n and the 650R besides the plastic?

In 2009 ER6n came with not so good Dunlop tyres and no ABS

2010 upwards I believe they both come with Battlax tyres and ABS in LOS. Plastics and headlights different, reflected in higher price for Ninja 650R

Actually in 2010 there seems to be a mix of tires. Some bikes are being delivered with Dunlops, some with Bridgestones. Insist on the Bridgestones- they are SO much better than the Dunlops!

That new LeoVince looks fantastic and the one on your mate's bike sounded great! Did you see the pics of you over on the BIRA Track Day thread?

The lack of chicken strips on your tires proves you know what you're doing. :lol: I think that was what- only your 3rd time out at BIRA? If you can keep hitting it regularly and learn the lines your lap times will improve very quickly.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Thanks Tony, yeh this Saturday is now a GO!

Great pics man.

I will look for those pics now. Meanwhile here's some more just taken at Meancatdaddy's place hehehe. jap.gif

Meancatdaddy is going to BKK this week to get kitted out so he will join us at the Pirelli day wink.gif

Kawasaki Mitiyon today showed me their pics of the training day yesterday and one thing that I noticed was that they were going round Bira the opposite to what we have always done. Hmmm, might even up our tyres if it is switched on Saturday???????????smile.gifsmile.gif

post-52293-0-53764900-1292842148_thumb.j

post-52293-0-57024000-1292842214_thumb.j

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Thanks Tony, yeh this Saturday is now a GO!

Great pics man.

I will look for those pics now. Meanwhile here's some more just taken at Meancatdaddy's place hehehe. jap.gif

Meancatdaddy is going to BKK this week to get kitted out so he will join us at the Pirelli day wink.gif

Kawasaki Mitiyon today showed me their pics of the training day yesterday and one thing that I noticed was that they were going round Bira the opposite to what we have always done. Hmmm, might even up our tyres if it is switched on Saturday???????????smile.gifsmile.gif

They were running the BIRA backwards?! Counterclockwise?! That's cool and all if you're going slow BUT as I think about the track I don't think... no, in fact I KNOW that the runouts are NOT set up for people who might come off going counterclockwise...

circuit_track.jpg

It's all good until someone crashes at which point it'll get UGLY as they go bouncing off the retaining walls...

[

They were running the BIRA backwards?! Counterclockwise?! That's cool and all if you're going slow BUT as I think about the track I don't think... no, in fact I KNOW that the runouts are NOT set up for people who might come off going counterclockwise...

circuit_track.jpg

It's all good until someone crashes at which point it'll get UGLY as they go bouncing off the retaining walls...

Yeh quite true mate, I can't think why they would go round that way, maybe to show how to go round a left hand bend hehehe. biggrin.gif

Hey,

could somebody provide me with prices for front and rear sliders? The Kawasaki shop is quoting me 6,500bht for the front only!

Also looking for a little windshield. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony (BigBikeBKK) sells those cheaper than Kawasaki, I've always got mine from him. Perhaps send him a PM?wink.gif

6.5k is ridiculous just for front and rear - phew!ohmy.gif

As for those horrible screens (my opinion sorry hehe) my mate paid 6k from Kawasaki but obviously cheaper elsewhere. ohmy.gif

There are loads of sites around selling these, just one thing, be prepared to witness differing quality sad.gif

Why not post some pics once you are done? wink.gifwink.gif

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

Edited by NormanW