Gary's Bar&restaurant In Presart,surin Province

Dave the Dude

A couple of us from Nong Ki paid Gary's a visit a couple of weeks ago. The place is very clean,well presented.We both had a full English breakfast which could not be faulted.We both bought some pies which from the ones I've tried so far are pretty good.The only negative comment I would make is that a small place in the middle of no-where that charges 60 baht<more expensive than Pattaya> for a small bottle of Tiger beer is living in dream land.We have only one bar in Nong Ki that stocks it but charges 60 baht for a large bottle

How much doe's a small bottle of Tiger cost from the wholesalers in Bangkok/Pattaya??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of us from Nong Ki paid Gary's a visit a couple of weeks ago. The place is very clean,well presented.We both had a full English breakfast which could not be faulted.We both bought some pies which from the ones I've tried so far are pretty good.The only negative comment I would make is that a small place in the middle of no-where that charges 60 baht<more expensive than Pattaya> for a small bottle of Tiger beer is living in dream land.We have only one bar in Nong Ki that stocks it but charges 60 baht for a large bottle

How much doe's a small bottle of Tiger cost from the wholesalers in Bangkok/Pattaya??

About 25฿.......................................60฿ is a fair price, same as us. But as you say it is in the middle of no-where. It cost money to bring goods to the middle of no-where. :o

About 25฿.......................................60฿ is a fair price, same as us. But as you say it is in the middle of no-where. It cost money to bring goods to the middle of no-where. :o

Regardless of the price and the mark-up, drinkers are able to vote with their feet!. But it's a bloody long walk to Pattaya!!

That's right Nick.......................................Farang owned bars are different from Thai owned bars. In a Thai bar, if the owner buys a beer for 25฿, He can sell it at 26฿ and thinks he is making a profit. We realise that, rent,wages,electricity,water,rates,rubbish collection, out of date beers which must be dumped,condiments, cooking oils,spices,cleaning materials, clothing,telephonebill,UBC bill, delivery (because it's in the middle of no-where,), VAT must all reflect on the mark up price.

That's right Nick.......................................Farang owned bars are different from Thai owned bars. In a Thai bar, if the owner buys a beer for 25฿, He can sell it at 26฿ and thinks he is making a profit. We realise that, rent,wages,electricity,water,rates,rubbish collection, out of date beers which must be dumped,condiments, cooking oils,spices,cleaning materials, clothing,telephonebill,UBC bill, delivery (because it's in the middle of no-where,), VAT must all reflect on the mark up price.

Im offering my free services to pick up any beer that has to be dumped.

I know just the place to store it.... :o

The beer argument falls down as the main business line appears to be food, both eat in and take away. Thus, given the bias, a moderate mark up on beer would be more acceptable. For instance, the Pig and Whistle in Pattaya trades on food but a water is only Bt20 in an air conditioned restaurant with all the facilities. A beer bar next door with no facilities will likely charge Bt40.

I think Bt60 for a small Tiger beer is marginally OTT. Bt50 would be better. Just talking from a business point of view, it makes no difference as he's not doing the volume so why go for top end pricing ? Wouldn't put me off though as Bt10 or so is nothing.