Best Places To Go For Breakfast

In Bangrak I would go to "Picnic Basket" and you will be hard pressed to spend 1,000. I usually spend 500 for 2 including fried egss, ham, black pudding, coffee, juices and more.

1,000 baht easily pays for a breakfast in a 4/5 star resort with usually huge buffets and on a Sunday you may skip breakfast and make it a brunch at Centara Resort for Baht 590.-++

Anyone on the island know where I can have breakfast at 8 am in the morning, have a budget of 1000 baht, would like to have really good pancakes or french toast along with eggs and bacon. If you guys have any recommendations please let me know.

It might help if members new which island you were refering to. As said for 1,000 Baht I would expect breakfast for a week. :o:D :D

Anyone on the island know where I can have breakfast at 8 am in the morning, have a budget of 1000 baht, would like to have really good pancakes or french toast along with eggs and bacon. If you guys have any recommendations please let me know.

Don't know what's really good about pancakes and french toast, but do you mean the US type "pancakes" with Butter and ususally served with artificial "Maple Syrup" or Crepes, the french type of "pan cakes"?

And yes are 1000 Baht the entire Days Budget or really "only" for breakkie - guess the best options have been mentioned already!

The Deli, connected to Grand Centara Spa Resort

Breakfast ot 8am (no thanks), french toast and pancakes (no way), 1,000 bt 20 pounds (lunacy)

SOLUTION

11AM - 9PM AT THE INTERNATIONAL BAR IN SOI GREEN MANGO

2 eggs

2 bacon

2 sausages

tomato

beans

2 thick toast

tea or coffee

ALL FOR 180bt

Piping hot, tastes great and served by friendly happy staff :o

Don't know what's really good about pancakes and french toast, but do you mean the US type "pancakes" with Butter and ususally served with artificial "Maple Syrup" or Crepes, the french type of "pan cakes"?

I'm guessing he's talking about the paper-thin French crepes that are served with nothing more than 100% all -natural Quebecois maple syrup, of course. :o

I'm guessing he's talking about the paper-thin French crepes that are served with nothing more than 100% all -natural Quebecois maple syrup, of course. :o

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Crepes. But with maple syrup? :D . Thought only Americans did that shit. :D .

Anyway, who sell crepes over here? I never seen them. Except in my own kitchen. Filled with minced meet and cheese on top! :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Crepes. But with maple syrup? :D . Thought only Americans did that shit. :D .

Anyway, who sell crepes over here? I never seen them. Except in my own kitchen. Filled with minced meet and cheese on top! :wai:

I feel sorry for you matthias33!

as it aspires that you may never had GENUINE Mapple Syrup.. otherwise you wouldn't come with such a bland omelet substitute...

well made CREPE SUZETTE! really rocks!

Crepe with warm Strawberry Compote and ***** Vanilla Ice Cream... dusted with white Chocolate flakes.... mango & coconut cream crepes

Shrimp & crab meat Crepes...

Ricotta and Spinach Crepe...

Parma/Serrano Ham & Walnut Crepe

Stilton Crepe...

Chicken & Mushroom..

well there is room for creativity..

minced meat... :D

:D

Edited by Samuian

Anyway, who sell crepes over here? I never seen them. Except in my own kitchen. Filled with minced meet and cheese on top! :P

I feel sorry for you matthias33!

as it aspires that you may never had GENUINE Mapple Syrup.. otherwise you wouldn't come with such a bland omelet substitute...

well made CREPE SUZETTE! really rocks!

Crepe with warm Strawberry Compote and ***** Vanilla Ice Cream... dusted with white Chocolate flakes.... mango & coconut cream crepes

Shrimp & crab meat Crepes...

Ricotta and Spinach Crepe...

Parma/Serrano Ham & Walnut Crepe

Stilton Crepe...

Chicken & Mushroom..

well there is room for creativity..

minced meat... :D

:D

All those recepie sounds delicios and i tryed some off them. Just leave out the syrup, dont belong there at all.

Judging by the minced meat comment i feel sorry right back at you! :wai: .

All those recepie sounds delicios and i tryed some off them. Just leave out the syrup, dont belong there at all.

Judging by the minced meat comment i feel sorry right back at you! :o .

American pancakes are too thick to wrap around anything. I would say "don't knock it til you try it" about the maple syrup but I'm sure you'll come back with have eaten "real" American pancakes with "real" maple syrup many times or something like that. As for me, I'll stick to sausage & eggs.

Breakfast ot 8am (no thanks), french toast and pancakes (no way), 1,000 bt 20 pounds (lunacy)

SOLUTION

11AM - 9PM AT THE INTERNATIONAL BAR IN SOI GREEN MANGO

2 eggs

2 bacon

2 sausages

tomato

beans

2 thick toast

tea or coffee

ALL FOR 180bt

Piping hot, tastes great and served by friendly happy staff :D

Somebody call the Health Police! (or your cardiac surgeon, whichever comes first).... :o

Hey stop knocking the great US breakfast all of you. You haven't HAD breakfast until you have been to a diner and had french toast with bacon and maple syrup. And a bloody mary - mmmm. I think Americans do breakfast better than any other nation. Steaks, hamburgers, mexican huevos rancheros, pancakes...so much more choice than beans, bacon and/or eggs. And for a nation that otherwise frowns on any kind of daytime drinking, it is perfectly acepatable to order a bloody mary or a mimosa with your brekkie. I wouldn't want to have a hangover in any other country!

But anyway back to the OP. I think what you are looking for doesn't exist on Samui. However I would reccommend Angelas in Mae Nam as a great alternative.

Happy Eating!

the best :o

That could very well be the best - on Samui.

Here's what I miss from back home...

PA280003.JPG

@koheesti: try The Islander, if you don't have the possibility to make that by yourself. All that is easily available on Samui

@mssabei: the great US breakfast can be great for you. But I would not praise it for all mankind like you do. I for one would never prefer that to a crispy Swiss Muesli with fresh fruit

@mattias: usually I eat only at my home, but I know, that you can find crepes in many different restaurants on the island. Ninja is one of them.

@all: try something new like chok or rice soup, it is tasty and you will feel perfect afterwards.

breakfast_big.jpg

the best :D

that looks horrible...where?

Muck up a good breakfast with baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms? :D

Somehow, the Thais are convinced this is an "American Breakfast," available at most 4 and 5-star hotels in Thailand.

Delusion. :o

Judging by the minced meat comment i feel sorry right back at you! :D .

American pancakes are too thick to wrap around anything. I would say "don't knock it til you try it" about the maple syrup but I'm sure you'll come back with have eaten "real" American pancakes with "real" maple syrup many times or something like that. As for me, I'll stick to sausage & eggs.

I have tryied American pancake with maple suryp once, but not sure if it was "real". Might have been a fake copy. :o .

I´d still say the maple syrup dont belong on crepes though.

I agree mattias, even the real maple syrup doesn't belong on crepes :o

But, real maple syrup is delicious (the fake stuff, is well, fake). I prefer it on waffles and not American style pancakes. Anywhere have real waffles?

1704102893_159d482e2f.jpg