Nyc Style Deli

I am thinking of opening a New York style deli like the Carnegie deli,etc., with overstuffed hot pastrami,corned beef,kosher pickles,cheesesteaks,etc.

Are there many such delis there and can one find suppliers who can supply such foods like pastrami,rye bread,bagels,etc?

I am thinking of opening a New York style deli like the Carnegie deli,etc., with overstuffed hot pastrami,corned beef,kosher pickles,cheesesteaks,etc.

Are there many such delis there and can one find suppliers who can supply such foods like pastrami,rye bread,bagels,etc?

I have thought for a long time that this would be a great business if it was in the right location (near a lot of foreigner foot traffic). There are sandwich shops like Subway, but a real sandwich aficionado knows these are not 'real' sandwiches, however decent they may be. Food land has all the fancy meats, cheeses and breads, so there are suppliers out there. If I had the money and the inclination to do it, I would.

I have thought for a long time that this would be a great business if it was in the right location (near a lot of foreigner foot traffic). There are sandwich shops like Subway, but a real sandwich aficionado knows these are not 'real' sandwiches, however decent they may be. Food land has all the fancy meats, cheeses and breads, so there are suppliers out there. If I had the money and the inclination to do it, I would.

There was a fellow who set up 'Philly thai' steak sandwich shop(s?) at least one at ploenchit ctr. He was actually from Philly if I recall. I thought he had a great idea, logo, easy kiosk setup etc. (didn't care for the sauce they put on tho).

Perhaps franchisable if given the proper guidelines. He even mentioned he'd be expanding into Phuket. Well, the ploenchit shop is closed (has been for a few months) and I have no idea what became of what 'seemed' like a great idea.

Found an article on the gent here:

http://citypaper.net/articles/2004-05-06/naked.shtml

Thanks for the replies and hope to open one in a town near you.

Gotta go as every time I read my post I gotta go drive a mile to get a hot pastrami with melted swiss cheese and thinly sliced sweet Vidalia onions and slathered with dijon mustard.And the potato knishes and garlic pickles and the blueberry cheesecake and....