Penang By Way Of Hatyai

I plan to go to penang by airasia,

but airticket date is unchangeable, so another choice is go by way of hatyai

because there are many plane go to hatyai so flexiable, for example orienthai etc.

How can I get mini bus from hatyai to penang?

How much money and how many hours will it cost from Hatyai to Penang?

Please inform to me,

Yellowfish,

Hat Yai is safe, I have lived there on and off the past year and never had any problems.

If you want to go to Penang, I suggest you get the Bas Ekspress (VIP Bus) from a shop which I think is called Grassland opposite a shopping mall called Lee Garden Plaza. Ticket should cost you no more than 300 thb.

There are loads of travel agents in Hat Yai, you can pick up a mini bus almost anytime, again this will cost around 300 thb.

Cathay Guesthouse (tel no. 074-243815) is a good place to start if you want to get a mini bus.

I plan to go to penang by airasia,

but airticket date is unchangeable, so another choice is go by way of hatyai

because there are many plane go to hatyai so flexiable, for example orienthai etc.

How can I get mini bus from hatyai to penang?

How much money and how many hours will it cost from Hatyai to Penang?

Please inform to me,

I made this trip and is easy. take mini bus or taxi from airport to town. go any travel agent in town. I paid 200 for mini bus to penang

Taxis also go from outside Kings Hotel in Hat Yai. If you can get another three people to share, it's a lot more comfy. 1,400 by self or 350 if you share.

Check any guesthouse along Lebuh Chulia in Georgetown for transport back to Hat Yai...about 25 Ringgit on a minibus.

How about minibus from penang to hatyai?

Where can I get minibus at penang?

Which road?

Have a back-up plan if you intend to get a minibus from Penang to Hat Yai.

A couple of times I was left stranded early in the morning at pick-up points because no bus turned up. And it's no good waiting for 3-4 hours for the travel agents to open in order to get a refund cos they won't claim responsibilty.

:o

There are also public buses to the border (Padang Besar) from Butterworth Bus station near the Train Station but their departure times are a little erratic. I once missed the direct morning bus and had to go via Kangar. No real problem to me as I was in no real rush. There are buses to Hat Yai from Padang Besar (1 hour)

There are also public buses to the border (Padang Besar) from Butterworth Bus station near the Train Station but their departure times are a little erratic. I once missed the direct morning bus and had to go via Kangar. No real problem to me as I was in no real rush. There are buses to Hat Yai from Padang Besar (1 hour)

Also in front of the bus station is a share taxi stand for those in a hurry where a direct taxi to Hat Yai can be arranged (or at least this was the case in years gone bye). :o